What if all generators were blocked off for a short duration at the start of every match?
Unsure if This would actually be a bad idea so asking for thoughts.
then where would u begin to look as a killer, and why wouldn't survivors just hide until they can do gens again
This is a buff to survivors.
Survivors would now be using the start of the game to open chests and break totems, so NoEd would be 100% useless. Killer would have a much harder time finding them because there are no indicators for the killer as to where chests and dull totems are.
That would be a bit of a stretch. You can already do exactly that in the live game, except the killer will be busy checking generators instead so it would be much safer.
In reality, what would likely happen is that most survivors would just hide until they're unblocked. You can see a bit of this with Corrupt Intervention. You might be able to spin this to you advantage if you find someone early on, but otherwise it just adds a game of hide and seek to the start of a match.
What if there was a secondary objective that was blocking the generators?
It's already in the game !
it is a plague perk called corrupt intervention. It works on a few gens at the start. If it worked on all of them, that would be OP and survivors would just hide until the timer ran out.
"In reality, what would likely happen is that most survivors would just hide until they're unblocked. You can see a bit of this with Corrupt Intervention"
Does this mean we could see a tweak to Corrupt Intervention in the future?
I wouldn't say never because we always go back and revisit perks that need love when we get the chance, but I wouldn't read into that. There's no set plans for that at the moment.
It may seem like a stretch, but in practice most people actually go straight for gens or hide at the start of a match, so the game accelerates and goes into run and gun mode really fast and totems are often ignored.
I posit that giving a lull time at the start will encourage survivors to hunt totems, a relatively safe endeavour. Either that or they hide... whichever happens it's generally good and low risk for survivors.
Further, now survivors won't be starting across the map from the killer, so the killer has less of an idea where to look.
Then everyone would just hide until the gens are unblocked.
Sounds like fun...yeah...
Nope need reduce speed generator's repair
Right, I’m talking about this effect but a default one for each match
Keep in mind there are still other things survivors can do besides gens, so I don’t think everyone would ONLY hide.
They tried this, and apparently this made things boring. Generators should be more interactive than just the basic skillcheck, then maybe.
What's better then holding M1??.......... not holding any buttons!! :)))
would be OP? OP for survivor you mean? It has no disadvantage for survivors. They can just hide until gens are unblocked again. Killer has no where to check for survivors, since the gens are blocked.
would be a great addition to the Trapper, as you would finally have some time to create a setup without having 2 gens repaired in the meantime.
for any other killer i feel like this would be pretty useless...
yeah then what would survivors do during that time, hide in lockers? tbag in a corner?
I never thought about it till you said that, but Corrupt Intervention might actually be strong on Trapper
what if pallets got removed and survivors spawned in the dying state
You have that perk . Its very strong already.
Whispers and get good at finding survivors its not that hard. Out of 10 games i would probably wont find anyone in 2 mins only once.
no you forgot they can still crawl.. so all survivors should start the trial on hooks
Almost 75% of Dead by Daylight players play to hide the whole game and to repair, they are hardly seen in the game and the remaining 25% are those who really play Dead by Daylight, chases and a little bit of everything. So there are several problems, I speak from my perspective as a player with 2600 hours.
gen's reparation should be 50% longer, but there must be at least 1 more generator in each map (so killers can't camp generator so easily)