Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Shards Should be Converted into Bloodpoints & Vice Versa. [Developers can be included in Discussion]

Hear me out...

If you already earn a perk in the Shrine of secrets if you spend 2000 shards on it again you gain 150,000 bloodpoints.

Now let's do some math.. 150,000/2000 = 75

So 1 Shard = 75 Bloodpoints

I currently have 690 Shards (I bought Nea "The Entity" Karlsson some Cosmetics).

so based on my calculations since I have 690 Shards if I multiply that by 75 I get...

51,750 Bloodpoints

So here's what I'm proposing...

We have another in game store menu UI for trading Shards for Bloodpoints and Bloodpoints for Shards.

Because either way we earned them by playing so we should use them however we want correct?

So let me see... if you saved 1,000,000 bloodpoints you can get up to 13,333.333333 Shards Which allows you to buy cosmetics that cost 21,000 Shards easily just by gaining bloodpoints at the cost of not leveling up a character.

So in my point of view it's a win win in my book.

I just think this would be a cool Idea. What do you all think?

Comments

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,505

They should add a new type of money to replace shards and bring back the old shards system

• invira_zeroinvira_zero Member Posts: 230

imho, BP to Shards should cost much more.

500bp for 1 shard would be fair, with the fact that bp gain is easier. Getting a ~15k per match, about a 30 shards per match

• drunky26drunky26 Member Posts: 685

Yes! I love this.

Also, give us option to buy bloodpoints and shards.

I know it sounds like sellout, but I don't play this game as I used to but still want to have some points for when a new character comes out without grinding my ass off. I don't think I'm the only one.

• JudithJudith Member Posts: 819

As long as it isn't auric cells I don't see why wouldn't they allow it.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The time cost for Iridescent shards is completely ridiculous, but the reason for that is to get people to buy Auric Cells instead of grinding for cosmetics.

There's no way they'd make Iri shards exchangeable for bloodpoints because then no one would buy Auric Cells except to buy the cosmetics that are only available with them. And even then, there's a chance that people would just wait for them to be obtainable with shards.

But, these systems they have set up should definitely be eased up by a lot. The grind for perks and shards is too much right now.

• ArrozArroz Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2019

Well yeah.

Seems fine to me..

• Black_FenceBlack_Fence Member Posts: 308

Maybe a use for my 30k shards! But Devs need money so it won't happen.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,144

you currently cannot buy Shards nor Bloodpoints.. So no profit is being made either way..?

• Maj33yMaj33y Member Posts: 236

Like @SpaceCoconut Said .. It'd take out the entire purpose of Auric cells then , They need it to keep going and do not Bankrupt like many other Video games development companies .

But Having BP and iridescent Shards transaction between PC / Consoles would be amazing .

Sometimes I have extra shards on PS4 and want to get a Perk on PC or buy cosmetics and I can't but i have Shards on PS4 and vice versa . This should happen and it won't affect Auric Cells

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,151

The devs, by concept, will refuse to do this. They refuse to make anything in this game P2W,that's why the top tier killers are the free ones, because they don't want to make any paid killers powerful enough to be P2W. It's also why most cosmetics are bright af.

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 955

I think he means that being able to turn BP into Shards will allow people to buy Killers and Survivors, which may cut into Auric Cell profits.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,144

But.. You can buy them with shards anyway...?

I can legit go to the spirit and buy her with 9000 Shards if I wanted or 500 Auric Cells...

So either way it wouldn't really cut it, if it happens anyway...

I was thinking of Upgrading characters for just trading any number of shards, or buy cosmetics that can only be purchasable by shards.

I think this is flawless, and most of those who say it would make them bankrupt don't have valid points because their points already happen today or it would be nearly impossible.

If dev's want to make money on Auric Cells just make Paragraph Chapters cost Cells (Or Money for DLC) and make maybe 10 Cosmetics only purchasable by using Cells.

Which would increase their profit if alot of people love those Auric Cell Cosmetics and buy them.

-Shrugs- but all this was was a suggestion, and people take it as trying to screw the Dev's over and that was never the purpose.

Heres what my position was and will be: If we earn it by playing we should be able to do ANYTHING with it.

Heres an example of my position:

Boss: "Hey Here's you paycheck but, you can only buy me $1 Million Dollar Car."

You would probably be like: "But I should get whatever I want with my paycheck... I earned this money, I worked hard for it too!"

Thats what my position is... If you earn it you can trade it in for something else and Vice Versa.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Why not.