The Forum Guidelines have been updated. Please take your time to read them again! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines

Dying Light Rework

BalanceBalance Member Posts: 13
edited June 11 in Balance Feedback

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 50/44/38 %.

Hooking your Obsession, applies to every Survivor a penalty of 19% to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed for 30 seconds.

When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from a Hook, the rescuer becomes the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

"This isn't a man..." — Dr. Sam Loomis

Post edited by Balance on

Comments

• ChaosMaster130ChaosMaster130 Member Posts: 8

Sounds kind of cool, though it does gives every survivor a semi 'we'll make it' as a side effect as it's written.

• LiquidLink1988LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 101

@ChaosMaster130 The altruistic action speed works ONLY for the current obsession.

• BalanceBalance Member Posts: 13

Well, it is technically to counter the penalty that affects everyone due to the Obsession being hooked. The mental process should have been: Obsession gets hooked, survivors suffer the penalty, the rescuer heals the unhooked, the rescuer is your new target meanwhile the game got slowed down a bit just for you to find or another survivor or the rescuer directly.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 3,030

Sounds reasonanble. Just a question... why 19%?

• BalanceBalance Member Posts: 13
    edited June 11

The current version of Dying Light features penalties percentuages of 19/22/50 %, and it was specifically in harmony with the actual altruism speed up of the Obsession, which is 38/44/50 % respectively (The double of the previous in a nutshel).

As I evaluated the possibility to actually simply revert the variables and give a 25% as the debuff (sounded quite way too strong, even for 30 seconds), I decided instead to not risk on making it overpowered or rather unfair and went for the lowest value.

I would dare to say: at tier 3, the perk gives less advantage to the Obsession in terms of altruistic actions speed, so better to lower the penalty a bit as well in order to balance it around.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 3,030

Okay. I was just curious why not 20% tbh.

But yeah that explanation makes sense.

• ShenwickShenwick Member Posts: 6

A rework of this perk seems nice to me because last time I was against a killer with it, the obsession disconnected and we lost because of this

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 313

I saw lot of killers with dying light and a mori for their obsession.