The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Noed Needs a Nerf.

MemeMeme Member Posts: 275

Even when I run small game to try to prevent it from happening, I still get distracted with the killer chasing me. Now don't kill the perk, but perhaps make it a bit more fair? Idk it just seems like too much high reward, and not enough risk. Than again I only play Solo so maybe it's just that my teammates are always potatoes

Comments

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 1,972

I would like to see a user interface feature so when a totem is destroyed, both the survivor and killer get a notification that a totem was destroyed and a count of the remaining totems. This would encourage survivors to break more totems if they see other survivors breaking totems too. It also lets the killer know if survivors are breaking totems instead of working gens.

But I don't think NOED itself needs nerfed. It serves an important function in the game. It is literally the only reason besides bloodpoints to break inactive totems. Anything that helps get survivors off of generators for a few seconds is a good thing. If survivors don't respect the power of NOED then what is the incentive to go around hunting for totems?

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,042

I like that small game buff some have suggested to include a totem count UI. Sometimes it gets messy when teammates do break one or two. It would help a lot, but I just wish everyone would break one as soon as they saw it, there'd be no problems then. Maybe even maps being able to track broken totems in a different colour.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,490
  • Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 1,614

Try running Detective's Hunch maybe? Every time you finish a generator, totems within the area will also be revealed. I mean yeah small game helps with also Trapper traps and the like, but I feel like Detective's Hunch is underused just because you have to complete a generator for the effect. Thing is, you're getting rewarded for completing a necessary objective, also revealing your secondary objective. Sure Small Game has a short cooldown and can help, but I feel like having them directly revealed so you can keep track of locations is better personally. Also yes, your teammates are potatoes. I can only think of maybe one game in recent memory where all my totems were destroyed before the game ended and my NOED didn't go off and it was against a sweaty SWF group.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 462
    edited June 13

I used to hate NOED, but you get two chances to take it down. Either cleanse all dull totems or find it when it procs. The situation isn't always going to allow for you to do that but at least you get more than one chance of completely negating a killers perk.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,486

Im not leaving it to chance that my team does totems. Break'em as I see them and hope nobody pops gen 5 before then.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 672

If you can repair 5 gens you can break 5 totems it’s not that hard. I often run Small Game in Red Rank, considering how often Ruin & Noed are used at high ranks it’s worth running and the less perks a killer has, the easier the game is.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453

Since you mentioned not enough high risk, could you name any high risk survivor perks?

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,187

I mean the risk is that you're basically running the game with one less perk that could potentially be taken out of play without you even noticing.

If he gets taken out of play or if you don't reach endgame it's basically a wasted perk slot.

On top of that even if it does go off it has The Weakness of all hex perks it can be destroyed

• Paladin_GooPaladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

I'll sum up my retort to the thread title with "No, it doesn't".

• UkilledLegionUkilledLegion Member Posts: 326

NONONO!ADRENALINE NEED NERF SPRINT NEED NERF stop write

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 1,521

You must be new. Exhaustion perks got nerfed like 1 year ago. The same patch removed pallet vaccuums. Every killer that still struggles is quite simply bad at the game. Simple as that.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 921

noed should not get touched. but the totems should. what i mean is

every time a totem gets broken. the broken sound effect goes to all other survivors (or just add ui).

no. it's not a stupid buff. it's just " reducing the gap between swf and solos "

it's hard to cleanse all totems as solo. and when you do. it's basically a 3-man game for others. and you'll get -rep'd and insulted for wasting time

while in swf. just 4 words and noed would be done ( let's cleanse totems too )

and in swf. they'll say to each other " hey, i've cleansed a totem. X cleansed a totem. and a hex ruin. so 2 dull totems remaining for no noed ".