We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Does Anyone Else Have A Strong Hatred For The Spirit?

Comments

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 112

My favorite killer ! She's the more accomplish one: Design, power, fun, mindgame, beauty, mori !

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 1,917

I don't hate her. She is a challenge to face without being OP. The kind of killer the game needs.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,591

@Peanits thanks, you're actually awesome. I can't wait till we get the normal sound back. I've missed hearing people. I am assuming the PTB has normal sounds back. So no ghost breathing or quiet af sounds.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,562

Only reason why I don't like going against the spirit is that she does all the mindgames for you. When you come to a loop it's pretty much all in the hands of the spirit in terms of whats gonna happen.

@PolarBear tbh though, all killers should have that level of control. It IS a 4v1 after all.

@Poweas I know where you're coming from but having little to no power as a survivor also doesn't go well. Just look what happened with Legion. Furthermore if the survivor doesn't have any power in chases then whats even the point in playing?

@PolarBear but against Spirit, you have some power. You can try to trick her. Obviously, it all comes down to predicting her. you could also run Iron will and Spine chill to completely no skill destroy her.

• LiannetLiannet Member Posts: 40

I don't hate Spirit. She can scare like Myers. But I don't like her design. She is ugly (imo).

@Poweas Even with those perks it is still a challenge. Tricking her isn't really easy (not saying it should be as easy as looping) either.

@PolarBear it's not a challenge with spine chill, you can tell when she's on you. With iron will, if you vault into her and run the opposite direction, she'll never know what hit her. And with spine chill you can guarantee when you should fake vault back.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 581

spirit is fine, just adapt.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,712

@Poweas I'd like to imagine Spirit is a lot like Nurse.

Devastating in the right hands, yet weak in the wrong ones.

That being said, I am the wrong pair of hands to actually use Spirit.

• OakLestatOakLestat Member Posts: 125

My favorite killer to Play. Top tier.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 878

She's just annoying to play against to me.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,136

I got Gen-grabbed fairly early on when i started playing this game by the spirit...scared the living [BAD WORD] out of me. Now, every time i see that it's a spirit, with her phasing and such...INSTANT PTSD, lol.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,145
    edited June 13

I like her design and power, but sometimes she's frustrating to go against, not always tho.

The only thing i hate is that they butchered her by making her sound like waluigi, it just doesn't fit her at all.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 853

You do realise that it's not fanservice? It clearly states in her lore that Rin worked in a traditional Japanese restaurant where the waitresses would have been geishas, and in Japan it has always been seen as more attractive to have a thin, slender figure. Because of this, geishas would wear sarashi in order to bind their body into a more slender figure. Just because something happens to be revealing on a female character doesn't mean that its purpose is to be sexual, the devs have clearly always put an aspect of realism into each and every one of their characters and just because one of these aspects can be seen as fanservice doesn't mean it is. What about hag? Her breasts are completely exposed but you don't care about that?

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,796

You should’ve told us she was being nerfed! And then admitted you were joking. :)

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,465

all her purple addons are ridiculously strong, passive phasing is a pretty [BAD WORD] mechanic (especially considering the killer has no control over it, so when u get confused at a loop by it you feel cheesed by the game, not outplayed by the killer), there is no "mindgame" or "50/50" as people like to call it, the spirit is in complete control, it's only about how good the spirit is at tracking scratch marks and sound (admittedly, sounds are broken this patch so that's harder to do), not how well the survivor can evade her, that is irrelevant. imo, shes 2nd best, far beyond billy because you can't loop her power, and if the spirit is a decent player you have very little counterplay to work with. so yeah, I agree with u OP

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 973

Spirit shouldn't be changed at all before we have a long time with sounds working as intended. It's impossible to assess her actual power with sounds being broken.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 973

She can be extremely frustrating to face though. I do believe she excessively takes agency away from survivors, but not enough to be broken. And some perks legit cuck her so hard.

• HazeHoundHazeHound Member Posts: 680

I like her design, visual, story ect.

Survivors don't like Spirit, because they can't just braindead loop her. She makes you guess. She is not the greatest but unpredictability often works in her favour.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,846

Don't be mean to my Phasey Girl🥺. She has feelings.😰

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 152

I really enjoy playing as her, but I can agree that she can be irritating to face for a lot of people. The only thing that I can't stand while facing her is her being able to collide with survivors while she's phasing. It feels really cheap. Other than that I don't mind facing her.

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

spirit has no counterplay

i played spirit for a daily yesterday with subpar perks and was amazed at how easy it was

if you have a good pair of headphones you're a good spirit player

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,846
    edited June 13

@miaasma

No! Not at all. Learning to phase mid-chase is one of the most difficult things to do in the game. I play spirit regularly at red ranks and I still mindgame myself often. She is the second hardest, debatably the hardest killer in the game to play.

Edit: Stealthy Survivors are her worst nightmare. Iron will completely screws her over. I think even Stridor can throw you off, making you think a Survivor is closer than they are.

@miaasma you probably didn't face good survivors then. I use a build (without Ruin obviously) and I had to learn routing, mindgames, when to predict a survivor and when to go right behind them, whether they'll drop a pallet or not while I'm phasing.

I highly doubt you versed good survivors.