Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

'New' Ghost Face Discussion

2»

Comments

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,065

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The reaction to the absolutely flawed initial attempt at Legion does not mean that every killer needs a built-in, survivor-controlled counter.

Counterplay should be ORGANIC, like breaking line of sight with Myers, not "Here is the simple way to turn off the killer's power for half a gen's timer!" or Plague's "Let's let the survivors decide when you get to use your power, or if your add ons are 100% wasted in a match."

They need to go back to designing killer powers that are fun to play around and need to be worked out, not ones with a big tick box that says "I would not like you to use your power this game."

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I've said it before and I will say it again. As unintuitive as it sounds, scratchmarks are the root of the problem.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Or more specifically. Most of the games problems are fundumentally the result of balancing with the existence of scratchmarks in mind. If they were far more limited and easier to play around then things would be much simpler.

For example imagine if scratchmarks only appeared:

• When a survivor STARTS sprinting (for like half a second)
    • When a survivor is touching a vertical surface while running (and the scratchmarks go on that surface)
    • When a survivor preforms a rushed vault (and the scratchmarks are only on the window itself)

Now suddenly survivors don't need looping in order to survive a chase. Meaning we can start nerfing the [BAD WORD] out of it resulting in overall faster chases (but not necessarily more killer sided chases) with more of a focus on juking and actually escaping the Killer instead of just stalling him.

Should probably make a more detailed thread about all of this

• TimeyWimeyTimeyWimey Member Posts: 7

The problem I see if they make night shroud aura read immune is that OoO will literally cripple the survivor using it since they will be given away even if killer is immune

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,617

He's not going to be an optimal choice in rank 1 matches or even rank 5. But.....honestly a majority of killers are trash in rank 1 and 5, and that speaks more to the balance of the game as a whole rather than specifically ghost face. They cater too much to the casual and unskilled section of this games player base. And thus create this void where any new killers released that don't have a high skill cap can't make it to rank 1 as optimally because of ease of use. They figure if they make a killer too easy to play while having strong benefits it'll be overpowered. But the opposite is true. High skillcap killers can only perform that way because their kit allows for high skilled and precision play. A killer who is easy to play will never perform as well as the killer who requires skill due to how limited your abilities are as a basic M1 killer.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited June 2019

To the people complaining about OoO, as far as I'm aware it's not a commonly used perk. It will probably be used some when Ghostface comes live, but once he's settled into the roster for a while and we see more killers being used, it won't be used directly to counter him because they won't know if it's him or not. It also has a max distance that it can be used, so you won't necessarily know where he is when he gets inside that specific area. It should settle into something like where if you used it and it turns out it IS Ghostface, lucky you. At the same time though he still also knows where you are with that perk as well.

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,617

I'd give it a damn cooldown at least cause the way its set up now is RIDICULOUS! Make it an exhaustion perk or something and have it reveal for 10 seconds.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

"...but if you're competitive and like to win, I'd advise against it..."

That's the problem with this game, killers always want 4k at level 1.

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

killers want a pip. Killers want atleast 2 kills rank 1.

• RotisonRotison Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2019

I just want to have fun and ghostface is actually fun to play. Thats all i need. I have too many hours to need any kill in this game, its only a game

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 9,546

I'd put him well below Myers but above Pig, or whoever comes next on your tier list. Myers just does everything better than him and SOMEHOW has better perks. He is still a mid-tier killer who isn't viable at high ranks. I'd give him some sort of buff when he has someone exposed, like Myers during Tier 3. Maybe a built in Brutal Strength or something, I'm not sure. They should also get rid of the downed survivors pulling him out of stealth, I don't like hooked survivors doing it either, but downed survivors pulling him out is just stupid.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,645

If may I ask what does myers exactly do better then GF not counting better vaults and slight lunge increase ?

To me it seems that he does everything better, stalking is shorter, stealth is more effective, has better early game, better mindgaming potencial and such.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 9,546

Myers has far better stealth, his immunity to detection perks in Tier 1 helps a LOT. His stalking exposes EVERYONE. Everyone knows of the legendary Myers moonwalk. Oh, and he cannot get knocked out of his power. Unless your team is made up of legendary P3 immersed Claudette's, he is gonna get Tier 3 at some point. Oh, and his pressure is pretty good when he is in Tier 3, if you get downed and hooked, nobody is gonna come get you.

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

well gf is actually difficult to take out of his power, his exposing is quicker, his stealth is better bc crouching and peeking. Stalk progress stays on a survivor. If youre playing him you should be one hitting everyone. Myers is temporary and limited.