Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives PTB 3.0.0 Gameplay Feedback
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Why The Red Stun VFX?

We don't need any more of these. It's just annoying to see. No one had an issue with knowing whether they were stunned or not. It's annoying as hell, make it toggable or something. I really don't wanna see multiple red flashes a game.

Comments

• CaretakerCaretaker Member Posts: 764

The only way I could see this being a thing is to help those who may have a disability, but the camera shift should be enough. Either way I hope they just remove this or give it a toggle. Cuz I don't wanna see it. It gives me a headache. Have the same issue with the new Legion VFX. It's actually painful.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,441

I haven’t even played the PTB (only watched videos of it), and the red stun effect is already really annoying.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Omg I'm glad I didn't try it, it would have been bad for me

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited June 2019

Yeah, it's just annoying

And by looking at videos (I can't access the PTB myself) it's already giving me a headache

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Someone explain me this vfx plz if you would

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

It should be much more subtle and not that extreme how it is now. Maybe just in the outlines of the screen and not that flashy

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 15,749

I prefer this VFX version to the one that was implemented in the initial PTB - that one gave me a headache very quickly. This one didn't affect my eyes at all and I was a lot more comfortable with it after a few matches.

I am not fully sure of why it was implemented I am presuming that it was felt an extra visual cue was needed for newer players to show the different stuns in the game etc. (purely my own thoughts on this)

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Give us at least ability to enable this or disable.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,546
    edited June 2019

Honestly out of everything in the PTB this is something I'm not willing to compromise on at all. Absolutely no one asked for this and I can't understand why this is necessary. Every part of the game doesn't need a special effect tied to it. After a while it gets obnoxious.

Yes I know it was toned down but it's still annoying and I really don't understand why this was necessary at all. I don't see it necessary to have an "OPTION" for this either just get rid of the VFX.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Adding features that increase the usability for people with disabilities has never been a priority for the development team.

That's all I want is a disable. Yea it's been toned down, but no one said tone down, they said remove. No one asked for this. We keep hearing the devs are listening to the community, but when there's an outcry there's nothing. Even toned down it's super distracting and makes me sick. Which is odd, DBD is the ONLY game I've ever gotten a headache from on the VFX. The FOV doesn't bother me, the sounds, lights, nothing. The red flare/black hole from Legion does.

Devs please, just make it toggable. This would save ALL of the trouble of removing/implementing it. That way if we don't want it, we can remove it, and people who don't care/want it can keep it. Though no one really wants it so again not sure why it's needed. There's enough hand holding in this game, and there was 0 reason for more here.

Talked to a bunch of friends across servers, and many of them agreed that it gives them headaches. Some are saying it's old flashlight blinds all over again. Even the new one didn't fix the issue.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 3,872
    edited June 2019

I suffer from migraines and I'm very concerned about not being able to play the game if the the VFX remains. It's utterly pointless. Please remove it.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 3,872

"Oh no, I'm holding W, my camera is moving out of control, and I can't move, but I'm still not sure if I'm stunned. I wish there was a bright flashing epilepsy and migraine trigger to tell me if I was stunned or not."- Nobody

• MrSunbroMrSunbro Member Posts: 111

@not_Queen is there a reason this was added in the first place?

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Agreed. Can definitely do without it. Headache inducing, unnecessary, and excessive.