The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The "Gen Rush" issue....

2»

Comments

• MegsAreEvilMegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

There is no genrush. Its a killer legend.

• HavelmomDaS1HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Noone with a functional brain blames the survivors. They are just playing. The devs are to blame.

• DeadByTunnelightDeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 77

I will never understand people complaining about "gen rushing". It's survivors job, isn't it? BUT sometimes I understand when only doing gens can be annoying, for example someone is hooked and nobody is helping that person because they are only focused on gens. I hate getting struggle on 1st hook and sometimes that happens because people only do gens...so situation like this is annoying BUT when the killer is looping with a good looper for the most of time, then he shouldn't be crying later about gen rushing, right? If you can't catch someone, then go for someone else! It's simple, right? That's how you're gonna avoid gen rush.

• caѕѕaмdra_rawrcaѕѕaмdra_rawr Member Posts: 1

нoneѕтly no ѕυcн тнιng aѕ gen rush, be a вeттer ĸιller вυт yeѕ ι agree тo мore oвjecтιveѕ ғor υѕ ѕυrvιvorѕ тo ғocυѕ on.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 6,035

@GrootDude

+1

Yeah they need a secondary objective for sure, but I hope it's something that doesn't involve hold M1. It should be interactive.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,904

@ad19970 We have two map reworks in the next calendar year, unless I missed something on the roadmap. At that rate, it's going to be a damned long time before things truly get better.

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

pretty much. map setups currently allow really bad survivors to run you for entirely too long

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,746

@NMCKE If the 2nd objective were just holding M1, it would be as un-exciting as increasing gen-time. I don't think this will happen.

• MarksmanSpecalMarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 60

I guess, no one wanna blame a survivor for PTFO. There´s literally nothing else to do. Making the repairs longer is also something, no one with a working brain should suggest. The M1 - simulator is already annoying as hell.

Maybe some kind of toolboxes, survivors need to find before being able to repair a gen, or whatever. But in my opinion, it´s quite hard to balance this, would be a kick in the butt for lower ranks, where killers are quite strong, cause survivors dont loop and route optimally. So, maybe a second objective scales with the ranks, eg u need one tool for green ranks, two for purple and so on.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 826

Well IMO, I think they should do 3 Objectives.

WAIT before you tag me and yell at me, saying that is too much...

Here's the 3 Objectives:

-Do Generators

-???????

-Open Exit Gates

Also what do you propose to be the 3rd Objective anyway..? Fill a Car with Gasoline..?

I just can't figure out what to replace the ?'s with.

Please tell me what it should be =P

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 3,746

@MarksmanSpecal Several forum users (including me) have made suggestions for 2nd objectives. If you are interested in taking a look, you should find the threads via the search or I can send you a link.

If we get a better ranking system, then we could also adjust the 2nd objective or gen-repair-time to ranks. That's not the hard part. The hard part is getting a good ranking system.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,790

Well let's pray that the first patch with map reworks will already make quite the difference.

I just hope these reworks will finally make the M1 killers finally viable at high rank.

• Captain_DoomsdayCaptain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

You're spot on there. And to assert that point, the top Killers are Nurse, Billy, and Spirit.

You know, the three with the best mobility.