Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Camping

UnitUnit Member Posts: 190
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Despite it being a strategy Camping is one of the most annoying things to come across as a survivor. I think I have a solution that may seem overpowered but really helps bring the negativity down. It would work like this: once a survivor is hooked a circle appears in the killers veiw this will be the no go zone if the killer is in this zone actions(gens,healing,cleansing) are done faster the longer they're in the circle the faster it gets. 

Comments

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,727

If the Killer camps a single Survivor, you can repair three and a half generators, and that's assuming you only start the second the Survivor was hooked. No need to buff Survivors for failing to stay off the hook.

• UnitUnit Member Posts: 190
    Orion said:

If the Killer camps a single Survivor, you can repair three and a half generators, and that's assuming you only start the second the Survivor was hooked. No need to buff Survivors for failing to stay off the hook.

Yeah but you have to take in consideration of their enjoyment. They might be new at the game punishing them like this will make them quit.

• FixTheCampingFixTheCamping Member Posts: 22

Things like this have been suggested already. If the survivors aren't smart enough to finish the gens then they probably deserve the long, slow death by camping.

Thats the most stupidest thing u can say u guys camp because you get mad because u cant get the survivor or when the 3 last gens are close to each other u guys just get salty on the verge of an escape so u tunnel 1 guy the hook them nd then begin the camping 

It should based off skill not because a killer decides to camp its just unfair 

@Unit said:
    Orion said:

Yeah but you have to take in consideration of their enjoyment. They might be new at the game punishing them like this will make them quit.

No, I don't. If they expect to pick up a multiplayer game, play against people who've played it for years, and easily win, that's their problem.

@FixTheCamping said:

And how does a Killer camp, exactly, without first being more skilled than the Survivor he caught? It's definitely based on skill. Specifically, the lack of skill from the Survivor.

• BLUE_APEBLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

I think that once a survivor is hooked, a you can either struggle to get free (the first time of course) , and/or Call.

The new action Call would make one of those noise animation the killers can see when someone messes up a gen or vaults (ect). To the survivors, the call notification will either glow green signaling that they need help and the killer isn't near by, but if the killer is with in a certain range (I'm not sure how far yet but a decent distance) then the call will be red and if the killer is close enough to the hook then his aura will be revealed to the other survivors.

Note: the more you use the call, the slower cool down is after you use it. The cool down will reset when you have been rescued from the hook. You can also use this action even if you are struggling after your second hooking.

How ever, the killer will be notifide if the hooked survivor is calling out for help. But the notification will be just yellow and whatever colors are in it. Killers can counter this new action with the perk Knock out.

I think this should be a new action, not a new perk because, camping is a nasty thing in this game. I can understand camping after the exit gates have been opened, but over all it needs to stop.

@BLUE_APE said:
    I think that once a survivor is hooked, a you can either struggle to get free (the first time of course) , and/or Call.

The new action Call would make one of those noise animation the killers can see when someone messes up a gen or vaults (ect). To the survivors, the call notification will either glow green signaling that they need help and the killer isn't near by, but if the killer is with in a certain range (I'm not sure how far yet but a decent distance) then the call will be red and if the killer is close enough to the hook then his aura will be revealed to the other survivors.

Note: the more you use the call, the slower cool down is after you use it. The cool down will reset when you have been rescued from the hook. You can also use this action even if you are struggling after your second hooking.

How ever, the killer will be notifide if the hooked survivor is calling out for help. But the notification will be just yellow and whatever colors are in it. Killers can counter this new action with the perk Knock out.

I think this should be a new action, not a new perk because, camping is a nasty thing in this game. I can understand camping after the exit gates have been opened, but over all it needs to stop.

Camping is fine, and hook gymnastics are already a thing. Survivors need to get over themselves and accept the fact that they're not always going to survive every game.

Orion said:

@FixTheCamping said:

And how does a Killer camp, exactly, without first being more skilled than the Survivor he caught? It's definitely based on skill. Specifically, the lack of skill from the Survivor.

What how could u say that for 1 killer moves way faster than a survivor can cause damage to a survivor and the survivor cant fight back your going to catch them no matter if the killer has skill or not because once u get the feel u cant get them u tunnel then camp them its a known fact its a killer 101
  • BLUE_APEBLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

@Orion said:
    Camping is fine, and hook gymnastics are already a thing. Survivors need to get over themselves and accept the fact that they're not always going to survive every game.

And killers need to understand that they aren't always going to kill someone, and resorting to camping is the for the weak.

A while ago I played against a full prestieged Trapper, and there wasn't any juking him. he didn't camp or tunnel and he killed pretty much everyone before we got any gens done.

Camping isn't fun for either sides, killers who camp could just be doing it to win, which is stupid. Campers are just playing a game to win at something they aren't even good at. so campers play a different game and quit wasting our matches, when we could be playing more fun and challenging matches with a good killer.

• mimaefmimaef Member Posts: 14

Campers also earn less points in the end while giving survivors free reign to do gens, so it's stupid all around.

I do support camping cocky teabagging fellow survivors though. If they don't DC before they hit the hook because they're salty.

• azazerazazer Member Posts: 446
    It is. If you are skillful at stealth and losing the killer in a chase, you won't go on the hook. Git gud.
  • BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 759

Most killers wouldn't camp if there was a late game present. Thus far, the second those gates go up, you have 2 choices - gamble on a borrowed time save (which I've seen a lot more of recently) or camp. Killers are helpless throughout the game, but especially in the end game if they don't have NOED.

• azazerazazer Member Posts: 446
    Mooshu said:

@FixTheCamping said:

What how could u say that for 1 killer moves way faster than a survivor can cause damage to a survivor and the survivor cant fight back your going to catch them no matter if the killer has skill or not because once u get the feel u cant get them u tunnel then camp them its a known fact its a killer 101

survivors can easily loop a killer, flashlight the killer when they break pallets/ vault windows, and lose the killer. its not as hard as you think. killers only get to see what is infront of them.

This sage speaks the truth. How about a little less DS in your perk build because I'm betting iridescent shards that you use meta perks, Fix. You have perks that let you know when the killer is facing you, when they are near, urban evasion quick and quiet for master level locker chase escapes. The fact you think you can't escape once seen shows that you just aren't good. Work on not getting seen first, then escaping a chase. 
  • BillyIIIBillyIII Member Posts: 365

I will camp for as long as survivors will feed me their delicious butthurt in the post-match chat.

• ZanferZanfer Member Posts: 647

@Orion said:

@FixTheCamping said:

Yupp what I said in the other OPs thread, how did the survivor get caught. Cause clearly they are now hooked which means they made a dumb mistake or got outplayed..

@FixTheCamping said:
    Orion said:

@FixTheCamping said:

No you are wrong, survivors if anything can destroy in this game if played optimally and if you don't make any mistakes you will never be hit or caught..

@azazer said:
    Mooshu said:

@FixTheCamping said:

survivors can easily loop a killer, flashlight the killer when they break pallets/ vault windows, and lose the killer. its not as hard as you think. killers only get to see what is infront of them.

This sage speaks the truth. How about a little less DS in your perk build because I'm betting iridescent shards that you use meta perks, Fix. You have perks that let you know when the killer is facing you, when they are near, urban evasion quick and quiet for master level locker chase escapes. The fact you think you can't escape once seen shows that you just aren't good. Work on not getting seen first, then escaping a chase. 

Yeah it is just common sense knowledge and you have so much at your disposal to get away from a killer..

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 759

^I would kiss you on the lips in the most hetero way possible. Well written.