Home Discussions General Discussions

How to Fix Remember Me Perk

Revert the nerfs. Add the condition that if the Killer closes the hatch then Remember Me perk disables.

This would keep the perk at the same strength as it was before, but it would also be an indirect buff to Dull Key/Skeleton Key.

If all the survivors don't escape via the Dull Key/Skeleton Key-opened hatch, then the remaining survivor(s) in the match don't have to deal with Remember Me's effect.

It's a win/win.

Comments

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,364

It does need the nerf reverted, but even then it's still pretty weak. It could still use an increase on its numbers even after the nerf revert.

That's how bad it is right now.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@Blueberry

I agree. Remember Me is horrible as a perk now.

Those 16 seconds might make the difference between winning against a survivor in the EGC going for a gate when each gate aren't close together, but it doesn't really matter because you usually win gate standoffs as a killer anyways. Taking the Whispers perk is actually better in that regard as it also provides benefits during the early game and sometimes the midgame.

Nerfing the time to 16 seconds during situations that are not EGC just makes the Remember Me perk nearly useless.

16 extra seconds + 20 seconds of gate time = 165.6m distance at the standard killer speed

30 extra seconds + 20 seconds of gate time = 230m distance at the standard killer speed

With the pre-nerf Remember Me, you actually had a slight chance at downing and slugging someone in a chase and getting to the gate in time before it opened.

The post-nerf Remember Me doesn't grant Killers nearly enough extra time to start and end a chase before heading to and reaching the gate before it opens.

Keep in mind, maps like Mother's Dwelling have as much as 188m of distance between each corner of the map (not that gates spawn in the corners of a map, but you get my drift).

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,364

Yeah I agree.

They need to increase its numbers drastically, make it inactive if only 1 survivor remains and finally make it so gates are kickable. Then we might have something.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2019

@Blueberry

That works too. You could for simplicity's sake just make it so that if the Killer's running the Remember Me perk, if there's one survivor left, then that survivor automatically becomes the obsession. Therefore, by being the obsession, they become immune to Remember Me.