Home Discussions General Discussions
All you need to know - 3.7.0 PTB Mid-Chapter
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141930/

Legion needs love.

Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,861
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

For someone who has been a Legion main since day one, I don’t think I’ve ever considered wanting to leave them behind for another Killer until Ghostface came out...Legion has too many flaws that have become visible to me now that time has passed. There’s a lot to discuss, so get ready...

Cooldown. Legion’s cooldown time is just...Abysmal. It’s insane. You could take a pallet stun headfirst without enduring and that would be more beneficial to get out of it rather than taking the time to actually get through the cooldown process. Now, before you say that you could waste time by taking the stun and kicking the pallet, there are perks that can easily make that ‘chore’ a quick sweep under the rug by simply bringing Enduring, Spirit Fury, and/or Brutal Strength. There should really be some sort of buff towards their cooldown or his cooldown add-ons.

Buttons. I’ve talked about them before and was told that it was not a priority on a live stream by the devs...Ok, that was fine, at least it was acknowledged, however...Ghostface was going to receive two add-on affects that would’ve done the same effects as the buttons, but were quickly removed because...Well, there’s literally a perk that does what those status effects were suppose to do. It would’ve been useless to have them as add-ons, so they were gone. But why keep Legion’s..? Not only does it waste their time by having to smack Survivors twice with Frenzy, but it’s also does not last long enough to be really beneficial. The buttons need to be reworked. They could be reworked into being what some of the mixtapes use to be, which is, increase movement speed or perhaps do something more unique for Legion, like increase vault speed!

Killer Instinct. Recently, Killer Instinct was changed to rid the Killers who had it, which were Legion and Ghostface, to no longer see the auras of Survivors, but rather, the strange Entity-web like visual over them. I shouldn’t have to explain how bad of a change this was to Legion on the Coldwind maps, and in chases in general. Not only does it make their eye-sight through corn with Killer Instinct on non-existent for Coldwind, but it no longer helps with the downside of getting kicked out of your ability if you miss a swing. The old Killer Instinct was fine the way it was, and no one, not a single soul had asked for it to be changed. I really think they should return it to the state it was.

Remember the saying 'save the best for last'? Well, we're here. Deep Wound. As it is right now, Deep Wound for Legion is so unbeneficial for them in it's current state, that it makes Freddy's dream-world look like the most broken ability in the game. Deep Wound has no downsides, besides the fact that you can not heal until it is taken off of you, similar to Broken, but can easily be removed by simply holding M1 in any area of the map and not need to worry, as being in the Killer's TR doesn't lower the timer until they're gone or their TR disappears. Not only that, but other Survivors can help get you out of Deep Wound quicker by healing you, something they can't do if you're Broken, if you're in Doctor's T3 madness, or you've contracted the plague from The Plague. This made Deep Wound a buff rather than a nerf, and helped perks like Borrow Time become amazing against killers. Status effects for Killers shouldn't be a BUFF for SURVIVORS. Deep Wound NEEDS to be reworked. It needs to be something Survivors DON'T want to have, rather than having it to help give them an advantage in situations such as getting hit by Legion's FF. Giving it downsides, such as MAYBE being able to see the aura of Survivors suffering from Deep Wound outside of a CHASE (not TR, a CHASE) could really make this effect more fearful, rather than child's play.

TL;DR

Legion needs reworked add-ons and reworked abilities. They aren't terrifying anymore and they are currently beneath Freddy before his rework is even out. They need love, care, and affection from the devs, or else they'll be the least played Killer in the game and become a joke to use in YouTube videos or meme threads. :(

Post edited by Chaotic_Riddle on

Comments

• Chaotic_RiddleChaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,861

@Exerlin Any changes to the buttons would be lovely, they're just so...I don't want to say it, but horrible. They aren't...Useful. They really need to be reworked. :(

@NuclearBurrito I wasn't sure why they got rid of that to begin with..

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 5,227

I know right

@NuclearBurrito Im going to assume it might've been because they didn't want Legion to 'tunnel', but that's kind of the incentive for any Killer who is in the chase with a Survivor they literally just hit...

• RiddickRiddick Member Posts: 121

Although some people try to say that Ghostface is the new Freddy, Freddy has long lost his throne to Legion. I only see one benefit from his ability which is to get a first hit, and even that might prove impossible versus a skilled survivor that knows how to loop him. You are better off just use M1 the majority of the game really.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,110

I agree with most of it, but Killer Instinct has always been that web-like effect, that wasn't changed with the Legion rework as you suggest?

@SunderMun They recently updated Killer Instinct to longer have a red aura around Survivors who are in your sight. This completely kills him on Coldwind when running through the corn, not to mention the fact that it makes chasing Survivors in Feral an eyesore because there’s a web that is constantly blinking. Originally, it was slower, but now it beats like a heart that’s about to explode. It’s not helpful at all to Legion.

@Nobu I agree, you shouldn’t base a Killer off of their kill potential, but rather, feedback. If there’s an uproar about a Killer not performing too well, there should be changes, like Ghostface for example. He was horrible and now he’s high mid-tier. They changed that because of feedback, not because he wasn’t killing anyone...You could still manage a 4K if you played as a M1 Killer, but no one found that fun, so, in theory, shouldn’t Legion get the same treatment..?

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGGATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 234

They will give legion buffs after they give freddy buffs from when they nerfed him. The cycle continues

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I agree Legion needs some upgrades, at least the possibility of triggering unlimited feral frenzy just to move around the map ( no hits allowed). This would make legion a slower m1lly

• AlfredAlfred Member Posts: 272

Susie is now using Franks voice when leaving feral frenzy...

That is a buff right?

@Alfred Steroids are one hell of a drug. I do hope they fix that too, they really need to help this poor Killer(s) out... ;(

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,037

Hopefully this is true and hopefully they are with the Legion a bit faster^^.

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528

I want his old vault speed back.

He can get looped while in Feral Frenzy and exhaustion perks still destroy him

• IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,168

Legion and Plague are the two killers that I refused to play as at the moment. When ghostface came out I completely turned over to him. Before he came out I was mostly playing Huntress and Spirit. Legion “rework” was just bleh for me.

Legion needs a full rework. A tweak did nothing. Launched Legion was boring to play against and fun to play as. New Legion is boring to play as and against.

Everything about Ghostface powers seems that it would have fit well for Legion character. I can’t shake the thought of way since the first dev video of Chapter 10 with them mentioning about Legion original power where they had it so they could stalk but they didn’t want “another Meyers” Now look 😑

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 275

Then Legion is fine, he could probably need some more adjustment to lower the kill rate a little bit.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,897

Legion was the most recent to be reworked. GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE.

I completely agree he needs another one though.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,897

I just think if Legion was to get another rework opportunity it'll just be for a lost cause. They already messed up legion. I'd rather they focus on getting new yet to be released killers balanced and fun.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 3,733

@AshleyWB Fair enough.

@AshleyWB Still, they shouldn’t just forget about them. They’re just as important as any other Killer is to the game. A lot of players loved Legion for their design, lore, and their concept, but now it just feels like maybe they really ARE trying to forget about them. That shouldn’t be the case... :(

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,037

+1

As I had first read the Legion patch notes, I had thought, that must be some sort of late april fools joke (You know... How Blizzard it sometimes does, with "we will let your warrior throw fireballs, all your progress will be deleted..." This sort of stuff...).

But what should I say? It wasn't as we all know now :(.

Damn, I miss the old Legion :|.