Home Discussions Off-topic

Colour palette practice - Requests

2»

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

These all look lovely @Kiskashi :)

• drimmalordrimmalor Member Posts: 909

That Pig gives me autumn vibes - I thought she was holding a basket of leaves or something at first glance! Really nice job!

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,407

These are pretty nifty. I'll give you a hard one.

C-41, Trapper.

Good luck, you'll need it.

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

@PhantomMask20763 Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it ☺️ The pose was pretty fun, thought it fit his “theme/character”, red on red was interesting to say the least. 😅 I don’t mind at all it’s actually really amazing/heart-warming that you like it that much 😍 and I did make it for you (a ref somewhere for the art would be really appreciated though but not a necessity) Thanks again for participating in this. 💖

• GhostlyFoxxGhostlyFoxx Member Posts: 72

This is such an amazing thread. I absolutely adore all of this. Your art is so good.

@GrootDude Thank you, I’m slowly getting through them, I’m really happy that people are enjoying them. 😊

@drimmalor Well most of this is thanks to the people who request the palettes, that one was really nice, I loved it too, such a warm orange/rust blend, it was fun to work with, some colours get difficult with knowing where to put them/how to use them/ what shade to use for each part (shading/highlights/base colours) but it’s really cool seeing the end result of the palettes and wondering if I could have done them differently. That’s pretty funny, it kinda does look like a basket at a quick glance, I could see it 😁 . Thank you for the support ❤️

@Peanits Thank you, that will be interesting no doubt 😨 *stares at palette in vast confusion while trying to picture trapper* I can see some things being possible even on first glance but wow that’s going to be fun/a miracle if it’s even possible and looks decent 😂 Thank you for the request.😘

@GhostlyFoxx Aww thank you so much, that means a lot 😍

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,183
    edited July 2019

I want to give credit, what should I tag you with? Your forum name or something else? @Kiskashi

@PhantomMask20763 Forum name is basically the same name I use just about everywhere else so...I guess that would be it? Sorry, I’m still in the process of setting up an art/personal Twitter at KiskashiArt (it exists but I’m still designing a background/icon etc and setting up so I’m not really active on it yet)

Thank you for giving credit though, it does mean a lot and I’m still getting into this “digital art” and actually sharing it with people thing so probably hard for people to have something concrete to refer to at this moment...😅

Done, I like to give credit where it's due, thanks for letting me use it! 😊

@LaraVermillion wraith + palette C + 44

So it’s been a while, it took me such a long time to even be moderately happy with this piece, I loved the colours but when trying to put them together it just felt like painting with white chocolate (all extremely close “creamy” shades mostly is what I mean there for lack of a better metaphor, it was hard to get any contrast) I can 100% see why it’s called dream a little dream now 😂 I decided on candle wraith because I thought I could do something cool with the purple and have blue as the “glow”, good idea... in theory, wondering now how base wraith would have looked in this palette colour scheme or if I should have used that mid purple/blue as the base. 🤔 In any case, thank you for the request, I hope you like it ❤️

Sorry I’ve not been super active with these requests in the past week or so. I got a little sidetracked with uni stress (I have an entire thesis to write in less than 1.5 months😱) and drawing things I wanted to draw maybe including a new guilty dbd ship 😏but I should be back on track with these now, I do however need to swap back to my headcanons requests thread now but thanks everyone for bearing with me on this. Your patience is greatly appreciated 😍

• GcarraraGcarrara Member, Mod Posts: 1,571

You keep dishing out AMAZING pieces of art! 😮

I can't find one i don't like! Good freakin job, really! 👍️

@Gcarrara Thank you, you're always here with such lovely comments, thank you so much for the support 💖❤️

Just wait for the billy or trapper though, I can't draw billy for the life of me and trappers palette is random neon-esque colours with no gradient/shading I'm sure we'll find one to not like soon 😂

• drimmalordrimmalor Member Posts: 909

I'm so glad you chose Candle Wraith for that palette! It fits perfectly, and it's chilling as usual - the glowing skull really pulls it all together. Great work!

• ceridwen309ceridwen309 Member Posts: 497

I'm sad I didn't get here sooner. Your work is beautiful and I love how you are trying new things. Keep up the good work, but don't stress either. Thanks for the inspiration to try new things.

@drimmalor Thank you so much 😍, I’m glad the candle wraith is appreciated, his glow fit with what I was going for. I was going to draw him holding his weapon but thought that would be boring and thought he’s usually associated with skull weapons so glowing skull just...happened??? 🤗I do wonder if I broke this thread though because everything recent now appears strikeout font to me??😅

@ceridwen309 You’re not late at all, thread is still going strong and still open to requests, feel free to request one yourself if you’d like. 😊I’m more stressed about everything else, I only stress over these if I feel like I’m taking too long but that’s a personal thought, I know everyone here is pretty patient and are so lovely in general.

Definitely, glad to hear it, I hope you can find a fun challenge too, it really helps, I’m already thinking of what I might try next, I do love art challenges. I’m actually happy with how these ones are turning out (once I get over the initial “artist only sees flaws in work while posting it” phase😅) and how ready people are with suggestions, it’s nice to not be confined to basic colours. Thank you ❤️

Uh, anyone else's thread look like this or..is it just me?

@PhantomMask20763 yeah, that’s what I’m seeing only happened after my comment replying to @Gcarrara I have no idea what happened but I think I broke it 😅

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

I can hardly read this now.😅