Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are fine and fair.

Comments

• miaasmamiaasma Member Posts: 911

i feel like you guys aren't understanding the irony in telling somebody to literally leave their computer for several minutes because they're unable to play the game due to another player's actions

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,210

I mean if you can't stand to leave your computer for 4 minutes because you know that you are dead anyways and the person will continue to do this just to spite you then I don't know what to tell you. The last time I was mori spammed was 6 months ago people rarely do it.

it's incredible to me that you'd rather defend mori spamming for 4 minutes and tell people to just deal with it rather than admit that it's griefing behaviour despite literally admitting that you should just get up and leave your computer as it happens. if you cannot understand that then there's not much point in continuing the discussion

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,210

It is griefing behavior don't get me wrong but it's for 4 minutes if it was something that actually was consistent and could be done every game and wasted ALOT of your time then I could understand but it's something that happens every blood moon and you'll eventually bleed out.

4 minutes is a lot of time to just be doing nothing, especially since the bleedout timer was made to be the way it is for a reason and mori spamming artificially extends it

it goes beyond "slightly annoying" when you have to get up from your computer

i don't think this really needs to be explained

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

If I'm playing survivor and you camp or tunnel as your only strategy, alright, fair game. However, think of it this way: when I see you on survivor and I happen to be your killer, do you want me to apply these same tactics to you at -all- times regardless of the situation? Play the game however you want, but bear in mind that some people will pay you back tenfold if you go out of your way to make their experience miserable just because you can.

Do camping and tunneling have a place as tactics that should be selectively utilized? Yes. Should they be your main strategy in every game? No. A killer with little confidence in their ability to catch survivors employs these strategies without reason or restraint, even if it makes no sense and nets them maybe one kill.

There are times where you need pressure really badly, and maybe you're trying to capitalize on the altruism of survivors (camping) or trying to get a fast elimination to slow down generators (tunneling). Temper your use of these tactics with wisdom, because doing it too often can and will cost you games against experienced survivors.

• DoubleTapDoubleTap Member Posts: 218

Yet nobody complains about Survivors who camp hooked team mates for unsafe un-hooks.

Hmmm.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Good for you.

I got them almost every game. I got sick of it, so SoloQ is a no for me.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Go make yourself a sandwich. Problem solved.

Mori spamming has not extended it for two and a half years. And 4 minutes is too long? I have ADD and I don't think it's too long, so what's your excuse?

edited June 2019

yeah, just get up and stop playing the game while somebody holds your character hostage for several minutes. this isn't them griefing you, trust me

this is absolutely not the hill you want to die on, fyi

@miaasma Did I say it wasn't griefing? Actually, let me just say it: I didn't say it wasn't griefing. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. So why are you pretending I said it when you know I didn't say it?

(Ignore previous comment, it has a typo)

i can't imagine why else you'd try to underplay 4 entire minutes of griefing as "slightly annoying", but backpeddle all you want i suppose

but let's be real, you'd probably heckle somebody for disconnecting under those circumstances, so i suppose there's no winning in this discussion

@miaasma Nobody's underplaying anything. Different people have different reactions to the same events. I'm expressing my opinion.

You, however, are pretending I said something I didn't say, that you know I didn't say. There's a three letter word for what that is.

edited June 2019

all i did was read between the lines

you're expressing that other people are being unreasonable in complaining about being mori spammed until their character bleeds out

you have indicated that the onus is on the people being griefed to just find something else to do while they are being griefed, instead of on the people who are griefing them to just, like, not do it. not a surprising thing to read, but still baffling and kind of says everything

There are no lines. You made [BAD WORD] up. Just admit it.

You're expressing that I'm being unreasonable for taking steps to deny the griefer any satisfaction out of their griefing. You have indicated that the people being griefed therefore must always make sure to give the griefer exactly what they want.

See how silly that sounds? Because that can be inferred from your comments as well, but it's not what you actually said. I've been adressing what you wrote instead of what I can distort your opinion to be. You have not done me the same courtesy. Why is that?

Here's what I'm actually doing, since it appears the direct message was still too subtle for you (and probably others).

1. I'm expressing my opinion on why I feel Mori spamming, while griefing, is not as big a deal as many people seem to believe.
    2. I'm explaining how I deal with slugging (never been the victim of Mori spamming myself, but since December 6th, 2013, there has been no difference in regards to time between the two), which people can try if they think 4 minutes is too long.
  • DarkGGhostDarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Tell me where is the fun to follow survivors from loop to loop? How fun is to know that either the survivor must make a mistake in order to take a hit to spend an X amount of time follow that person? And before you say just go to another survivor if you do this you don't change the pressure in the game, the map still has a lot of pallets, you don't know if the other survivors will be the same or worst and most likely you as the killer you will waste a lot of time.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

If I am getting slugged for four minutes then I start crawling around or browse the forums(same with mori spamming). These are technically griefing but afking for four minutes isn’t too bad.

edited June 2019

if you want to pretend that feeling the need to point out that you feel people are over-exaggerating when they complain about being held hostage for 4 minutes while a killer jerks themselves off mori spamming you has nothing to do with underplaying the griefing factor then sure, be as dishonest as you want

it makes a lot more sense that i've been having this discussion with somebody who has never been mori spammed

I might've been, I dunno. As I said, I go AFK.

I don't feel the need to do anything. I do things I want to. It's funny that you call me dishonest when you're the one making [BAD WORD] up and pretending I'm the one saying it.

ah the good old "nothing i say means anything so when you read something into it i forfeit any responsibility", i love it

Again, not what I said. I literally said that what I say means what is written. You're the one pretending that what I write doesn't mean what it says.

can i ask why you felt the need to tell people that mori spamming isn't a big deal? since apparently my assumptions are so off-base

I already said I wanted to correct a bizarre claim. The reason your assumptions are so off-base is because you're not even reading what I'm writing. You're making stuff up and pretending that's what I said.

what claim is that?

The claim that Mori spamming could be done for hours, when in fact it can only be done for up to four minutes. It was my first comment in this thread.

• GcarraraGcarrara Member, Mod Posts: 1,890

Ehi, can we drop this last argument? It has derailed from the original thread and is not providing anything useful. Please stick to the topic, and if you need to clarify each other please use DMs. 🙂

edited June 2019

understood, i misinterpreted your comments then

edit: just so you know, i did read your posts, but given the tone of the discussion i thought you were making those posts from a different angle

• yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,800

not get downed near the basement in the first place

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,051
    edited June 2019

@Orion

Wait, mori spamming doesn't pause the bleed-out timer anymore? Like, when the mori progress bar is on the killer's screen, the bleed-out timer doesn't pause?

Edit: Sorry @Gcarrara, I didn't see your message until after I posted this.