Dedicated servers have been enabled on the PTB. This is primarily a technical test and is not focused on gameplay.
For instructions on how to join the PTB, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26/
If you have any feedback for dedicated servers, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/3-1-0-ptb-dedicated-servers-feedback

My computer randomly restarts when playing only this game. Please help

ReneeRenee Member Posts: 7

I am running the following;

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16258MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

And a 750W Power supply, brand new.

There are no error logs on windows for the random restarts on my computer when I play this game, and no crash reports for DBD. I have absolutely no idea why my computer randomly restarts only when I play DBD. I can play all my other games just fine. But 1 or 2 matches of DBD, it restarts my computer randomly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times. I have triple checked to make sure all my drivers are up to date. My have watched my computer hard ware temps and tested my hard drive and they are all good. I am lost. PLEASE HELP.

Tagged:

Comments

• bignoodlebignoodle Member Posts: 7
    edited July 14

yippee i found someone else with my issue. i am running:

ryzen 5 2600

sapphire radeon rx 590

16GB DDR4 RAM

ATX CX650M bronze rating

Windows 10 Pro 1903

i have already verified game files through steam, done a clean uninstall and reinstall of dbd, completely uninstalled and reinstalled my gpu drivers, performed stress tests, etc. NOTHING has fixed it. my temps repeatedly come back as normal/stable and my PSU is only 5 months old. no crash reports, error logs, etc.

i have not had this issue with any previous releases, updates, or patches. all of my other games, like the division 2 on max settings which is pretty gpu intensive, are completely fine.

i hope we can get it fixed soon :( i'm going around and sharing my experience on every similar report i can find.

Post edited by bignoodle on
  • KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 76

Check your temperatures while playing. Something like HWMonitor is good for this.

If temperates are within acceptable levels (prior experience has taught me 80C or lower is best for CPU, lower than 90C for GPU) then there's a very good chance you have a power issue and DbD is stressing your system in JUST the right way to trip it.

edited July 3

as i said, temps are stable. why would dbd SOLELY trip my PSU after playing it without issue for months?? especially when my more intensive gpu/cpu games don't do anything. no whining, no high temps, etc. i'm not stupid, i already tested everything and so has the OP with a BRAND NEW PSU and another person. not only that, we're all running different hardware and having the same issue. wouldn't that be a clue that something broke in your guys' recent update? not to mention, 650 watts is more than enough for dbd and all of my games.

Why would the update also run fine for thousands of other players but not you guys? Occasionally you have to take a step back and look at your specific case.

In this instance, the symptoms you are describing are classic "your PSU is failing." Nothing to do with DbD, even though other games work. Just because other games work and stress tests work doesn't mean it's not your PSU. I had the model above yours (750W) running a 4ghz overclocked 6-core Xeon, Radeon R9 290X which performed FINE when hammering it with Prime95 and Furmark at the same time.

DbD or XCOM 2 made it crash. Had to back down on both my overclocks to get the system stable, and eventually it started crashing with that too. Borrowed my wife's 650W gold rated PSU? Problem solved.

There can absolutely be something faulty in your PSU causing it to either not deliver enough power or to deliver dirty power and your PC is shutting down to protect itself.

• ReneeRenee Member Posts: 7

My temps are amazing. But I am actually going to try and put my old 550 PSU back in to see if it is my new CX750M. If my game runs fine with the old back in, then problem solved. I just haven't had time to try yet. I will be grumpy if that is the case with the new psu that I bought. I spent a pretty penny on that.

On the good side, you can probably grab a refund on it.

I don't remember the exact model of the one in my wife's rig, but it's an EVGA 650W Gold. Runs her 5820K @ 4.5ghz and GTX 1080 with absolutely no issues. Can find the actual model number later if it helps (assuming the PSU is the issue of course)

• ChatkovskiChatkovski Member Posts: 2
    edited July 10

Same problem for me.

Since a few days (less than a week), DBD randomly crashes and restarts my PC with the following Windows (10) error (BSOD): Unexpected Store Exception.

I checked everything I could about this error. SSD, HDD, drivers, antivirus... everything seems ok. This only happens when DBD is open, in game or in the lobby.

I'm glad its not only me.

Sucks SO bad. This is my favorite game and I can't even play it.

Like I said, there's a very, very good chance it's the PSU.

I had exactly the same issue when I was running the game on an overclocked Xeon X5650 CPU and R9 290X GPU with a Corsair CX750 PSU.

It didn't have the juice, yet I could play other stuff fine. Swapped it out for an RM850W and it was fine (have since upgraded the rig to slightly less power hungry components)

I have a Corsair CX750 M only 4 weeks old now. I was able to play of the PTB last night to check out the new freddy for almost 3 hours with out it restarting. Then the minute I go back, it restarts. >.< So, would you suggest getting a different PSU? Or will the game be optimized to where it wont be an issue?

• GhostlyFoxxGhostlyFoxx Member Posts: 73

There's also a good chance that it's a power problem as well. The same thing used to happen to me and while my PC isn't the greatest, it worked fine with other games, but the moment DbD was launched and it was open for awhile, my entire pc would just restart itself. Turns out, my computer itself wasn't getting enough power to it.

I do have an efficient GPU, and I am not overclocking.

my bf kindly replaced my psu for me with a new gold rated 750w one. i will be paying him back. i will be testing it today to see if i still have the same issue