2.0.0 | Curtain Call - PS4 (1.35)
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added a new head customization item for Dwight for players who own the Dead By Daylight: Leatherface™ DLC
- Content - Added new idle animations for Killers in the offline lobby & store sections
- Content - Added new main menu music to tie in with the DLC Chapter
- Content - Added new sounds when Emblems appear in the Tally Screen based on their quality
- Feature - Added Tutorial levels to explain Survivor & Killer gameplay
- Feature - Added an in-game Store to purchase characters and cosmetics. The store now also hosts the Shrine of Secrets.
- Feature - Added support for an initial play marker (with the Tutorial levels available as gameplay) - PS4 ONLY
- Feature - Added the Player Level functionality. This is an account based progression that rewards the player with Iridescent Shards upon leveling up.
- Feature - Re-designed all confirmation prompts
- Feature - Updated the main menu and player loadout button layouts to accommodate for the newly added Store and Tutorials.
- Adjusted the level requirements for unlocking perk slots. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th perk slots now unlock at levels 5/10/15 respectively (down from 15/20/25)
- Adjusted the red aura intensity for killers on totems, bear traps, hooks and generators.
- All characters now start with their 3 personal perks unlocked by default (at level 1)
- Changed hook auras to always be visible from the Killer's standpoint while carrying a survivor. Prior to this change, hook auras would only be displayed if the hook was hidden behind another object.
- Decreased the Wraith flashlight uncloak stun time from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
- Decreased the range of activation for the Killer pick up interaction
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith's red stain and terror radius to remain for several seconds after successfully cloaking. This change gives the Wraith the bit of a boost that he needs, and also applies when damaging generators and destroying pallets.
- Removed the acceleration curve when the Survivor was hit by the Killer. Removing the acceleration curve should allow the Survivors to use their default acceleration and have more control over their character during the speed boost.
- Removed the possibility of spawning the Doctor or the Hag splinters in the Bloodweb because these characters can now be purchased for Iridescent Shards.
- Added a few totem spawn points in the buildings of Macmillan Estate
- Adjusted Torment Creek and Rancid Abattoir map layouts to create more distance between the maze tiles
- Changed the number of hooks for each map to be based on its number of tiles (Total Tile Count / 3)
- Improved totem placement in various maps
- Pallet loops in the maps of Macmillan Estate, Autohaven Wreckers and Coldwind Farm themes have been tweaked in order to increase their fun factor
- Relaxed the default Survivor-on-Survivor spawning rules in order to minimize the occurrence of killers spawning close to survivors.
- Updated pallets within Badham, Hospital and "map" The Game to use procedural distribution system. This should result in a more fair pallet generation.
The shards economy has been reworked completely:
- Shards are now obtained by leveling up your Player Level
- The maximum cap for the Shards has been removed
- Shrine of Secrets teachable perk costs have been increased to 2700/2000 (previously at 750/550). Note that the Shrine of Secrets will remain empty until this update is released on all platforms.
- Shrine can now be used to purchase certain characters and cosmetics from the Store, in addition to purchasing teachable perks from the Shrine of Secrets.
- The amount of Bloodpoints received when purchasing an already owned Teachable Perk from the Shrine has been reduced to 200000 / 150000 (from 250000 / 200000) for new and old perks respectively
The following scoring events have had their initial Bloodpoints reward increased but adjusted with diminishing returns when triggered additional times during the game. This will increase Bloodpoints gain in general, particularly for those who were consistently receiving a low amount of Bloodpoints at the end of a trial.
- Objectives, Coop (increased from 10 to 25)
- Boldness, Chased (increased from 20/sec to 40/sec)
- Boldness, Escaped (increased from 250 to 400)
- Brutality, Hit (increased from 300 to 500)
- Hunter, Chase (increased from 5/sec to 10/sec)
- Hunter, Survivor Found (increased from 200 to 400)
* Increased the starting amount of Benevolent points (from 20 points to 35 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Bronze quality (from 50 points to 30 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Silver quality (from 130 points to 100 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Gold quality (from 230 points to 190 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Iridescent quality (from 310 points to 270 points)
* Increased the requirement to attain Bronze quality (from 200 points to 230 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Silver quality (from 400 points to 380 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Gold quality (from 700 points to 560 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Iridescent quality (from 1100 points to 880 points)
* Increased the requirement to attain Bronze quality (from 550 points to 650 points)
* Increased the requirement to attain Silver quality (from 1100 points to 1230 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Gold quality (from 2200 points to 1800 points)
* Reduced the requirement to attain Iridescent quality (from 3300 points to 2550 points)
- Adjusted the dimensions of the pallet stun hitbox. The hitbox was larger on one side than the other and encompassed both the standing pallet and the fallen pallet. It has been reduced to only encompass the fallen pallet.
- Pallet Interaction & Stun Zone changes
- Removed the ability to drop a pallet and rapidly cross the zone, what is often referred to as the pallet vacuum. With this change, a survivor will always stay on the same side of the pallet when triggering the interaction.
- The way survivors drop pallets has changed, the interaction is now input based rather than velocity/ direction based. If you want to drop a pallet from a standstill, you simply need to be on the side of the pallet that you would like to stay after dropping the pallet, and press the drop pallet interaction key. If you would like to drop the pallet on the opposite side of you, as there is no longer a vacuum to take you from one side to the other, you must run through the pallet and press the drop pallet interaction key when you are on the other side of the pallet. *We are looking into fixing an issue where you cannot drop the pallet if you are holding the rush key while dropping the pallet.
* Added an new animation to indicate that the perk is active
* Removed the speed boost from Dead Hard while in the air. This change aims to fix a variety of game hostage issues in multiple maps
* Added sprint of 150% for 3 seconds for all Tiers
* Sprint causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds
* Stagger effects from long falls are reduced by 75% for all Tiers, without cooldown
* Stake Out's progression is not lost anymore when a token is consumed
- Fixed an issue that caused Bloodlust to be reset at the end of a Chainsaw Sprint with the Hillbilly. Bloodlust will now reset at the start of the Chainsaw Sprint instead.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor's Maple Knight add-on not to work properly
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' hatchets to hit a collision over a picnic bench in Lampkin Lane
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' hatchets to hit a collision when thrown over the engine part of the generators
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' hatchets to hit a collisions when thrown over the flatbed of the pick up truck asset
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' red stain to flicker while idle
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith's red stain to be visible for a few seconds after successfully cloaking
- Fixed an issue that caused blood splatters to appear on the Huntress' screen when successfully hitting a Survivor with a hatchet
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck if attempting to cleanse a totem that has a bear trap in front of it
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer Burn score events for The Wraith and Nurse not properly trigger
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor to briefly go flying when a Survivor dropped a pallet on the Killer during the pick up animation
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivors camera to become offset when being pulled out of a locker or interrupted by the Killer
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trappers add-on Logwood Dye to take priority over the Tar Bottle add-on
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Hag to fall out of world when teleporting to a trap with the Mint Rag add-on
- Fixed an issue that could cause a client to be unable to interact and repeatedly teleport from their location if the Killer had interupted their exit locker animation
- Fixed an issue that could caused a non-host Trapper to be launched in the air when picking up a trapped Survivor
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to heal, Snap Out of It, or use Dead Hard during the Killer stun animation when getting free from their shoulder
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to hit a Survivor that was underneath the Killer
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for The Huntress' hatchets to hit Survivors through walls
- Fixed an issue that would cause the nurse blink destination (and thus the plaid flannel's target blink indicator) to wiggle around obstructions while moving/charging blink
- Fixed an issue where The Doctor's illusions did not match the equipped customization items
- Fixed an issue where hair was not highlighted when stalking a Survivor as the Shape
- Fixed an issue which caused the Hag, the Nightmare and the Pig to vault windows slower than intended. All killers should now vault windows in 1.7 seconds.
- Changed the position of the white arrows on the ground in The Game map to properly indicate where the stair cases are
- Fixed an issue causing too many pallets to be spawned in the Pale Rose map
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to walk on a rock in the Autohaven Wreckers maps
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a chest and a hedge on Lampkin Lane
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a chest and a row of seats in Lery's Memorial Institute map
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a hill and a tree in the Red Forest map
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible Jigsaw box or chest in Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible Jigsaw box or chest in the Coldwind Farm maps
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible Jigsaw box or chest in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible Jigsaw box or chest in the MacMillan Estate maps
- Fixed an issue that could cause Killers to become stuck when hitting a Survivor in the corner next to one of the exit gates in Lery's Memorial Institute map
- Fixed an issue that could cause an impassable gap between a brick wall and a tree by the exit in the MacMillan Estate theme maps
- Fixed an issue that could cause the generator in the Vat Room of The Game map to be inaccessible from one side
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for The Nurse to use her blink power to get on top of assets in the Autohaven Wrecker's and Coldwind Farm themes
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem between crates and a small log pile in the Suffocation Pit map
- Fixed an issue that prevented Killers from damaging the generator in the Foundry building from one side
- Fixed various LOD issues in the multiple maps
- Tweaked the brightness in a few of the darker rooms in The Game map to make it more visible when in the Dream State with The Nightmare
- Changed the report icon from gray to white
- Fixed an incorrect value in the Clown's power description (coughing duration should be 2 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds)
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to escape with a reverse bear trap on their heads under specific conditions
- Fixed an issue that caused David Kings jacket collars to remain floating after being sacrificed
- Fixed an issue that caused English localization to appear in a few areas of the Store when the game languages was not set to English
- Fixed an issue that caused a desync in animation when Killer picks up a falling Survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused cleansed totems to fall through the floor/ceilings when cleansed on a 2nd floor
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivors health state to appear as Dead when crawling through the exit with little health left
- Fixed an issue that caused the auto-save icon to appear after tapping a generator
- Fixed an issue that caused the disconnected Survivor body to remain floating when disconnecting from the Killers shoulder
- Fixed an issue that caused the player profile to open when reporting or giving props to a player
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to be pushed into a generator when failing a skill check while the Killer was too close to them
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when the match ended while a Survivor vaulted over a pallet
- Fixed an issue that could cause a desync in animation & health states when the Killer hit the survivor at the same time as they were going through the hatch
- Fixed an issue that could cause the moon to appear through trees and other assets
- Fixed an issue that could cause the scratch marks to generate through walls and floors
- Fixed an issue that could cause the survivor to teleport back to the side of the pallet/window they vaulted from
- Fixed an issue that could rarely cause the interrupt animation not to play
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to blind the Killer with a Survivor standing in front of them
- Fixed an issue where The Cannibal's chainsaw didn't make noise during his memento mori if he hadn't previously used it
- Fixed an issue where pips for players at rank one would be displayed on the Tally screen page (causing an inconsistency with the rank display at the top right)
- Fixed an issue where the Hillbilly's Marked Spike Maul customization item was erroneously removed from the inventory
- Fixed multiple instances of character customization stretching from other players point of view
- Improvements to customization clipping and skinning issues for multiple characters & customization items
- Misc stability improvements
Audio & Localization
- Fixed an issue that caused the unhook audio to play shortly after hooking a Survivor
- Fixed an issue that could make the heartbeat extremely difficult to hear when the Killer had the perk Monitor & Abuse equipped
- Fixed improper formatting in the Dead Hard perk in English
- Fixed the description for Claudette's Myopian Frohawk head customization in French, Italian, German and Spanish
- Fixed the improper values in the Bloodhound perk for Tier II in English
- Integrated some missing localization for Italian
- Misc UI and icon improvements
- Tweaked the hatch audio to be a bit louder and fixed sound occlusion
PS4 specific fixes
- Fixed a typo in the Adept Doctor trophy
- Fixed a typo in the Adept Hag trophy
- Fixed an issue that caused clients to be kicked to the main menu instead of the tally screen when the host pulled their Ethernet cable or closed the application
- Fixed an issue that caused clients to get stuck in infinite loading when the host of the lobby signs out from PSN during the loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect behavior when rebooting the application while it is suspended (during active gameplay) as the Killer
- Fixed an issue that caused the title to become extremely laggy when clients were continuously switching characters in a lobby
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Bloodweb to become unresponsive for a short while after leveling up
- Updated the description for the Risk It All trophy