Home Discussions General Discussions

All Aboard the Nerf Train

tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Next stop, Elm Street and Springwood.

Comments

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528

Freddy can also be buffed if the devs want to,you know.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215

My problem is if the Freddy is good with his snares/fake pallets then the survivors will just wake up to avoid them since it is so easy. Hell you can even do it in the middle of a chase if you see fit.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

It was completely superfluous to add the clock into the game. Just made end game Freddy builds that much more not a thing, even if you're going to run stall addons into New Freddy.

Old Freddy has a ton of different, yet viable builds. New Freddy from what I can see based off his mechanics is going to just get shoehorned into "Maximum teleport pressure" or some form of "Maximize Dreamsnare effectiveness".

Dreampallets are gonna be a joke to red rank players.

The only buff New Freddy got was that dying survivors healed up to injured are still asleep. Every other part of the awake/asleep dynamic is now just... Ugh.

I swear. He better not have any slowdown while casting dreamsnares.

I mean... Imagine if you could only catch injured survivors in beartraps, and full health survivors became injured with beartraps but not caught.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

They said on stream there is no slowdown

Here is a list of his passive and active abilities:

Survivors fall asleep passively over 60 seconds and Freddy can force someone asleep by hitting them.

Freddy has a 32 meter terror radius which is heard as a heartbeat while survivors are awake. When fully asleep the terror radius heartbeat is replaced with his lullaby which is non-directional.

If a survivor is outside of the terror radius Freddy is completely invisible. As Freddy approaches he flashes in and out of visibility. When Freddy is within 16 meters of a survivor he is fully visible.

He has three powers: Teleporting to gens is part of his base kit as well as setting up snares. Teleporting is a channelled ability while up to 10 snares can be placed while moving without any slowdown. An add on replaces snares with the ability to place fake pallets which up to 10(?) can be placed at a time.

The teleportation takes a few seconds to fully channel and has a cooldown after being used. This cooldown is shortened by 15% for each survivor that is fully asleep up to a 60% reduction of the teleportation cooldown.

While channeling, the gen will spurt blood to alert survivors nearby that Freddy is coming.

Snares inflict slow for a few seconds and prevent fast vaults but can only be triggered by a survivor who is fully asleep. They can be placed mid chase. They are two meters in length and probably can't be dead harded over but are more easily visible than Trapper's bear traps.

Fake pallets can be placed wherever pallets can spawn. When a survivor throws it down it breaks into a shower of blood and doesn't stun Freddy. Like snares, fake pallets are only visible and triggered by fully asleep survivors.

• KarltastiskKarltastisk Member Posts: 503

Altough i like some of the new changes to freddy it feels like a completely new killer and removes my favorite killer from the game. I enjoy switching targets frequently to "play" with my prey, but no other killer rewards me enough for such a playstyle only old freddy does. All of the other killers you get severely punished if you don't tunnel down the healthy survivor, but with freddy that survivor you just left have to get out of the dream before doing anything else. And that is why i do not like this rework not because he will be weaker or stronger than what he is now, but the fact that i lose my favorite playstyle again, i had two things in this game that never failed to amuse me. And that is current freddy with a juggling kind of playstyle. And endgame piggy. So now in a few weeks they take away my freddy aswell. :(