Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

2.0 PS4 ABSURD CONSTANT FRAME DROPS

2»

Comments

• IvyIvy Member Posts: 15
    :( it’s not just you
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    This thread has already turned into a war zone.

Shots fired !!!!!

But in all seriousness PC already had this issue then Xbox so it's only natural that PS4 will have it and should've been ready for it. They released a hotfix that fixed most of issues and Xbox will probably get one soon if they haven't already. For PS4 it'll probably happen in the next week or so.

• LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    fcc2014 said:
    Lowbei said:
    OMG does the console whines ever stop? just get a pc like normal people if you want to play real games.
    You mean like Last of us and God of War? Oh wait???? 
    everyone just watched those games on youtube instead of playing them. the games are linear. sony even stated that it was concerned that more people had seen the videos than purchased it
  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    I haven’t encountered any major frame rate issues yet. I’m on a normal PS4, not Pro. 
  • mike2835mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Is it just me or does lowbei spend more time on console's forum questions than playing his pc lol.  Maybe they got a opening on the dbd forum.  The lag is bug related not system 
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@mike2835 said:
    Is it just me or does lowbei spend more time on console's forum questions than playing his pc lol.  Maybe they got a opening on the dbd forum.  The lag is bug related not system 

Well not everyone is getting it either, so it might not be just bug related but also influenced by the usual, what system, memory, internet etc.

• Mashtyx1Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Lol Pc players complain about console players complaining and also complain they don't have there shrine back. Everyone is salty about something and it makes them look like children and the grown-ups they call themselves in this comment section argue and fight like thy are siblings fighting over a coloring book.
    mike2835 said:
    ive been streaming for 2 hours so far and have made about 500k. also, this isnt “console’s forum”.

• BOSS242BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

Dont they all :) 

'Bout that FPS though? I see all platforms have the issue. Anybody know if they've said anything about it yet?
  • BOSS242BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    powerbats said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Shots fired !!!!!

But in all seriousness PC already had this issue then Xbox so it's only natural that PS4 will have it and should've been ready for it. They released a hotfix that fixed most of issues and Xbox will probably get one soon if they haven't already. For PS4 it'll probably happen in the next week or so.

Thank you :)
  • Scorpion_rulezMKScorpion_rulezMK Member Posts: 25

I've restarted the system and it apparently fixed it, frame drops badly only very occasionaly now but can't tell by now if it was a perma fix or not. Maybe it could have been related to the "player connection issues" they mentioned having very recently fixed. As of now it all seems fixed and working like before 2.0. PS: I don't get these people that come comment things completly irrelevant and that don't help nor aid in solving anything.

• KuwabaraWasTakenKuwabaraWasTaken Member Posts: 10

I had a match earlier today where it was a literal slideshow on my end. Constant stuttering and maybe 10 frames a second. I asked the survivors in the match if they felt it, and they said it felt fine on their end. Using a killers power has always made the game lag out (Huntress landing a hatchet or Myers going into tier 3) and it was bad enough then, but now it is almost unplayable sometimes. Back revving with Billy is a coin toss if the game decides to freak out on you. BHVR needs to give console a quality option. I’m fine with setting my game to low if it means I can actually use my power effectively.

• sunnyarianesunnyariane Member Posts: 60
    I have the problem with my doctor. I buy a new outfit for Him and the frame drops started. XD 
  • SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893
    edited July 2018

@Lowbei said:

pc has no fps issues.

i too expect bad framerate if im playing mario on my toaster

This comment is just ignorant and does add nothing productive to this discussion. What are you trying to start the console vs PC war all over again? Typical troll imo.
    To the actual topic this thread is about: Yes, there are real FPS issues, even on PC. I have GTX 1050 and get really bad frame drops especially on Shelter Woods map since the 2.0.0 update. Before it ran at a solid 60 FPS. The devs are aware of it and trying to identify the problem. But who knows if they can fix it again soon.

Snapshot said:

@Lowbei said:

pc has no fps issues.

This comment is just ignorant and does add nothing productive to this discussion. What are you trying to start the console vs PC war all over again? Typical troll imo.
    To the actual topic this thread is about: Yes, there are real FPS issues, even on PC. I have GTX 1050 and get really bad frame drops especially on Shelter Woods map since the 2.0.0 update. Before it ran at a solid 60 FPS. The devs are aware of it and trying to identify the problem. But who knows if they can fix it again soon.

lol truth hurts sometimes.

i honestly hope that they allow account transfers for the console players who want to upgrade to pc
  • ZetaraZetara Member Posts: 31
    I get frame rate drop everytime I hit bloodlust and sometimes after I hit a survivor. It sucks. 
  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

WELL, YOU ASKED FOR THE UPDATE, now you have it!
    Kek.

i made 2mill bp tonight. it was a good time!
  • SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

@Lowbei said:
    i made 2mill bp tonight. it was a good time!

another irrelevant post

• temperedreasontemperedreason Member Posts: 10
    I’m not having this issue. At. All.  Not even sure where it’s coming from.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

@Scorpion_rulezMK said:
    Is it just me or are other players from PS4 getting bad frame drops after the 2.0 update? My firends also have the same issue. I'm not sure if the lag has anything to do with it or specific maps but when I play killer I have constant frame drops second after sencond during the entire match, some as survivor also. Some matches it gets to the point of being unplayable and I have a PS4 Pro who can run games at way larger scales at 60fps. Dev team can you please by now fix the optimization for consoles? And increase the maximum speed for camera sensitivity also, it should allow up to 4x what it is currently, these small things destroy the gameplay experience on console.

You wanted 2.0 so desperately, now deal with it lol :lol:

• temperedreasontemperedreason Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    Lowbei said:
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 
    when you're repairing a gen or you gonna drop a pallet look at the sky ! This will prevent the game from freezing .
    Also to the devs , the fps is a very big issue , more important than a new chapter or balancing the game . honestly it felt the best when I were playing tutorial .

pc has no fps issues.

ok we get it pc master race, I have the game on both, wheres my peasant comment???? :)

dude its one thing to be a funny troll, but youre straight up annoying as [BAD WORD] and lack humour even. not everybody likes pc and they had released this game on more than just that platform so they must cater to them too.

From everybody on this god damn forum, shut up and go away

i get it, you are salty about your toaster not playing the game right, but dont take it out on the person trying to help you.

just go ebay your shitbox and buy a machine that can run the game right, or stop whining about it on the forum.
    I legitimately do not like this dude.  @Lowbei can go eat a [BAD WORD] and go troll in some other community.  Like, who raised him to behave like this? He can seriously go back to his dungeon and ride his sacred gaming pc all night for all I care.  Toxic disgusting [BAD WORD] like him are the reason we have issues with hate-slinging in this community.
    Lowbei said:
    Brady said:

@Lowbei said:
    HIPSTERLION said:

BIG ADVISE : 
    when you're repairing a gen or you gonna drop a pallet look at the sky ! This will prevent the game from freezing .
    Also to the devs , the fps is a very big issue , more important than a new chapter or balancing the game . honestly it felt the best when I were playing tutorial .

pc has no fps issues.

ok we get it pc master race, I have the game on both, wheres my peasant comment???? :)

dude its one thing to be a funny troll, but youre straight up annoying as [BAD WORD] and lack humour even. not everybody likes pc and they had released this game on more than just that platform so they must cater to them too.

From everybody on this god damn forum, shut up and go away

i get it, you are salty about your toaster not playing the game right, but dont take it out on the person trying to help you.

just go ebay your shitbox and buy a machine that can run the game right, or stop whining about it on the forum.
    I legitimately do not like this dude.  @Lowbei can go eat a [BAD WORD] and go troll in some other community.  Like, who raised him to behave like this? He can seriously go back to his dungeon and ride his sacred gaming pc all night for all I care.  Toxic disgusting [BAD WORD] like him are the reason we have issues with hate-slinging in this community.

awwww u mad?

ironic that you are “hate-slinging” at me just because you are salty about your toaster not playing the game at 60fps.

• mike2835mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Lowbei said:
    mike2835 said:
    ive been streaming for 2 hours so far and have made about 500k. also, this isnt “console’s forum”.
     This is not consoles forum lol but the subject is ps4.  Do you have one?  If not why are you in this topic lol. I'm sure there are pc subforums out there. 

mike2835 said:
    Lowbei said:
    mike2835 said:
     This is not consoles forum lol but the subject is ps4.  Do you have one?  If not why are you in this topic lol. I'm sure there are pc subforums out there. 

you need to figure out the quote system before telling others what to do on the forum.