Home Discussions General Discussions

Please stop with the “rework Legion” nonsense.

1235»

Comments

• No_Mither_No_ProblemNo_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

"They doesn't set up a zone to defend, what they do is running from one gen to another in order to defend them."

20 second cooldown, Deep Wound being useless, getting countered by pallets, being slow as hell, 4 second stun, Survivors spreading out:

• DevourerOfSoapDevourerOfSoap Member Posts: 17

You are exactly right. The legion is in such a terrible spot that it isn't even funny. I can't remember loosing to a legion after the nerf or rework whatever you want to call it. Every time I go against a legion i just laugh to myself. Even before his rework legion was never a killer i took seriously. He and a couple other killers like The Plague and The Clown really need attention.

• xnes_galaxxnes_galax Member Posts: 149

"Deep wound being useless"

You like maths? Well, im just gonna do a very simple count

Mend take 15 sec

A generator take 80 sec

80:15 = 5.3 this means each 5.3 deep wound status effect that they heal from, is an extra

"Countered by pallet" can you just explain this to me? Since i dont get how a pallet can counter feral frenzy. If you are talking about the stun well.. then a pallet counter every killer in the game aside from nurse.

"20 seconds cooldown" Each hit refill your gauge and you arent force to deplete it entirely. You can maunally end a frenzy.

edited July 2019

@xnes_galax

Oh boy, where to begin with this?

"Mend take 15 sec

A generator take 80 sec

80:15 = 5.3 this means each 5.3 deep wound status effect that they heal from, is an extra"

First off, this point is almost too unfinished for me to understand what you're trying to say, but I'm guessing you're saying "5.3 full mends is equivalent to one generator."

The problem is, since Legion can't chain hits for garbage, you're most likely going to have Deep Wound applied to one out-of-chase Survivor at a time. So that's 15 extra seconds one Survivor has to take while two others work on generators and the fourth gets chased.

15 seconds applied to one Survivor. It takes 14 seconds for Legion to use up their entire Frenzy and fatigue. So by the time you've become a normal M1 Killer again, that Survivor is back on a generator. That's hardly stall.

That doesn't even include the Survivor being able to ignore the mend by being in your Terror Radius or being mended by another Survivor, which shortens the mend time.

With how terrible Legion's Frenzy is at chaining hits, at least 2 or 3 gens will probably be done by the time you get 1 generator's worth of stall out of Deep Wound.

""Countered by pallet" can you just explain this to me? Since i dont get how a pallet can counter feral frenzy. If you are talking about the stun well.. then a pallet counter every killer in the game aside from nurse."

If you drop a pallet early, Legion will need to vault over it. It takes 1.35 seconds to vault a pallet. In 1.35 seconds, a Survivor can run 5.4 meters. Since Legion in Frenzy catches up to a running Survivor at a rate of 1 meter per second, that means it will take 5.4 seconds to catch up to a Survivor who ran away from you as you were vaulting a pallet. That's over half of his entire Frenzy duration.

""20 seconds cooldown" Each hit refill your gauge and you arent force to deplete it entirely. You can maunally end a frenzy"

Yes, let me just cancel my Frenzy early while I'm in the middle of trying to catch up to a Survivor running away from me. Brilliant idea.

Not to mention losing half your entire power gauge for just hitting a Survivor normally. That's always fun.

-------------

I know you're going to try to come up with some hypothetical scenario where the Survivors are extremely stupid and stick near the Legion, so I'll put this to you as plainly as possible.

When you try to effectively use Frenzy as a pressure tool, 95% of the time against Survivors who understand that Legion sucks at catching up to Survivors, this is going to happen:

1) You Frenzy a Survivor.

2) You see someone else with Killer Instinct.

3) You try to catch up to them, but because Frenzy is pathetically slow, you'll just get kind of close to them before you go into a 4-second stun.

4) By the time you're out of that stun, the Survivor you hit before is done mending, you've lost your entire power, and the Survivor you were chasing is well, well away from you.

5) Congratulations, you effectively wasted your own time. Legion is a good Killer with a very real power.

• xnes_galaxxnes_galax Member Posts: 149

They also waste a bit of time stuck in the animation of dropping the pallet, and they cant always just run in a straight line to get the most out of it, but i have to say that you are right here.

About the mend and chain hit, most if the time i menage to get at least 2 hits on frenzy, and even if i dont get the hit on someone, he is far away from the generator now. 2 people of. This is especially good in early game since more survivor spawn together.

I want to clarify something. I am not here to say that Legion is the best killer, they have no counterplay and they win every single match. What i say is that they doesn't need a complete rework or huge buff. losing power on an hit is stupid, the frenzy should be a bit faster and their terror radious could be 24m. Even the cooldown of 4 seconds is a bit too much. Thats all they need in my opinion. Just some little tweaks. Not a rework.

There are killers that are in a really worse spot than them

Wraith, bubba, Gf, plague, doc. Idk why people only want legion to be reworked while he is already viable, not like those killers.

"About the mend and chain hit, most if the time i menage to get at least 2 hits on frenzy, and even if i dont get the hit on someone, he is far away from the generator now. 2 people of. This is especially good in early game since more survivor spawn together."

Well, the numbers I showed you would like to argue that such a feat isn't because Feral Frenzy is a good power; it's because those Survivors are stupid. I did the math—you only have to be further than 10 meters away from the Legion to outpace Frenzy. No Exhaustion Perks, no abusing his pathetically slow vaulting speed—literally just running in a straight line.

If you get chain hits from that, then... yikes.

"There are killers that are in a really worse spot than them

Wraith, bubba, Gf, plague, doc. Idk why people only want legion to be reworked while he is already viable, not like those killers."

None of the Killers you listed will be consistently punished for using their power against competent (not good, just halfway decent) Survivors. Every single other Killer in the game has rewards that their power can consistently earn. Feral Frenzy can be trusted to hurt the Legion more than it helps him if the Survivors know what splitting up is, or if they just have Exhaustion Perks.

He doesn't have a power. He has a ball-and-chain around his ankle. He is, without a doubt, the worst Killer in the game.

And for the record, by M1 Killer standards, Ghostface is bloody fantastic.