Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

NoED, fair or unfair?

Comments

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 635

Fair. No different than survivors using adrenaline.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,265

@Yamaoka I don't know why your comment made me laugh so hard LOL xD

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,642

Yes

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 1,075

That doesn't make sense. It doesn't reward the killer for nothing (well, it does, but it's justified), it's to punish you not even bothering to take a sec and go "What if he has NOED?" It's there to slow the game down a bit for survivors to cleanse totems and punish them if they don't.

• NaphemilNaphemil Member Posts: 65

I always find it odd that people can complain about a perk that they have the power to deny even existing.... literally do totems and you won't have to worry about it, bad survivors get killed by noed.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@sluc16 It is that way of thinking that makes people complain about NOED. It is subjective for each player what is high priority and what is not. If there is a survivor on a hook and 1 gen to be done, some people think it's more important to finish the gen and risk the person dying on hook and other people think it's more important to save the hooked survivor.

• HorsePowerHorsePower Member Posts: 121

Nobody is going to waste time looking for all 5 totems when that time can be spent working on gens. The same exact thing applies to healing. Let's try this again.

Adrenaline rewards survivors for completing the objective.

NOED rewards the killer for being AFK (or losing) the entire match.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,449

I think we've already established that this perk offers a strong effect that has a huge counterplay to balance it out. It's almost a fact at this point.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I main Trapper, running him 80% of the time. I don't sweat end game at all. I plan ahead. If there is 1 gen left and 2 or more survivors, I start trapping the exit areas. Nothing more surprising than finding a trap or two on the way to a gate, and one barring the actual lever.

NOED is a crutch when used as a security piece. As mentioned before, I get it being used as a piece in an end game build.

Oh, and I've seen dozens of Billy killers with NOED running. Why? Crutch

• sliptteesslipttees Member Posts: 621

nofair!

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Fair.

Next question?

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Every single 2nd-chance perk rewards the survivors for failure and punishes the killer for doing their job. Where a mitigation is available for the killer(such as not picking up someone who has DS active), the killer is being forced in their decision and the consequence for the wrong choice is certain.

When NOED activates, the killer has a mere chance to down someone and can only do so if a survivor makes a significant mistake. They otherwise can not simultaneously guard every exit option the survivors have. NOED is always a 50/50 chance of finding someone at a gate, which decreases if the survivors actually bother hiding. The killer then has a catch-22 decision whether to search around or rush to the other gate.

Survivors not only have a simple mititation against NOED, it's not even an unearned victory for the killer if they manage to get someone, unlike a DS or BT is in the last few seconds of a match.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

A lot of ppl say that Adrenaline rewards good play, and NOED rewards bad play. It is not true.

They are both risk-perks to receive advantage in the game capitalizing on opposite's side wrong play.

NOED serves 1 purpose in 2 different ways: get advantage of one-shot if totems are not cleansed, get advantage of slowing down game if survivors do it.

You risk as Killer to not even have NOED if survivors cleanse all dull totems. If they do, you receive 70 seconds of time from cleansing and some time from search in your favor.

If Killer receives NOED in the end - he is capitalizing on choosen play from opposite team who decided not to cleanse totems. He is trading slowdown of repairs for faster chases in the endgame.

Thus, NOED is time management perk for Killer.

Adrenaline serves same purpose, but vica versa. Adrenaline helps you to cut healing time, by risking beeing injured towards the end of game. Some ppl choose to stay injured all trial if they were caught or injured early, saving a lot of time, and sometimes even more if they choose to use Resilience.

Plus Adrenaline can have insta-Unbreakable effect, it has longer Sprint Burst effect, and can be used by 4 members of team for saving huge amount of time.

Thus Adrenaline is time management perk for Survivor.

Please, stop all that nonsense about bad or good play by either side.

• JESUS_CHRISTJESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 312

They have to protect their totems just like they do with every other hex perk. You can hide in lockers the entire game and still get Adrenaline so it's not like you're being rewarded for much. The only reason killers don't have to work for it usually is because so many people still refuse to cleanse dull totems.

• LmronbyLmronby Member Posts: 272

Anyone *can* do it, yeah. But every match depends on what survivors you go against, and how good you are As a killer. (And which killer you picked with the right strategy)

• BOSS242BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

"it"s fine just stop talking about it!" Could we not have said the samething about MoM or DS? I never ran or currently run MoM, DS or NoED, why? B/c the are crutch AF!! Or at least all 3 use to be, 1 is now in a good place, 1 is nerfed out of use.(a perk people paid for btw and now all 3 Ash perks are trash) the last is NoED. And if half or more of a group (almost all survivors, most good killers and some 50/50 players) feels something is wrong with this perk then HOW IN THE F, can you say it's in a good place and is perfect the way it is?? I play both and i HATE this perk!! Not cause it's OP i just think it feels bad to use and have used on me. It may very well be balanced (don't think so but maybe) but if it's "not fun" to sooo many why can't we just chance it to something everyone can live with. B/c obviously a lot of people don't like it or they would have stopped talking about it by now if it wasn't a problem!! And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE stop saying breaking totems is a fair counter! It's not! If it was one then yes but all of them? With no way of knowing how many have been found by others? On farm maps maybe but, the game? The hospital? Ruin is one of the best killer perks out there, you don't think it becomes OP if you had to break all 5 or 6 totems to turn it off? Basically the counter to NoED right now.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,231
  • FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

So if a killer uses NOED, it's a crutch. But survivors running DS, MOM, carrying purple and green toolkits isn't though? Some killers have to rely on this perk, especially if you don't have ruin, unless your maining Billy, nurse, or spirit. Not everyone has every perk unlocked for every character. What about the newbies to the game that get stuck playing with grievers that de-pip on purpose to stay at high levels? They need to balance the game a lil better. As a killer and survivor, playing killer is a big headache, while playing survivor is boring and easy most the time. Don't get me wrong, I get plenty of 4k's, but it's always a giant headache with killer. Where's the fun at?

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Can the killer walk over and break a totem that completely disables your adrenaline without you even knowing until it's time to use it? Didn't think so....

• GrimGrim Member Posts: 250

Boring.

I usually see it on killers who spend the entire game chasing 1 person and then when they're finally dead, they use NOED to get 1 more.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920

Its so easy to deny NOED.. its perfectly fair.

• SpiritbxSpiritbx Member Posts: 261

The perk is perfectly balanced as it is right now(as all things should be).

It has a powerful effect, but also a simple way to completely prevent it.

It alone punishes gen rushing, and even if the killer doesn't have it the survivors don't know, so there's a risk reward in rushing the gens without doing totems.

The power to prevent it is entirely in the survivors hands, its currently the only perk preventing gen rushing.

The only thing needed to make things more fair and balanced is a totem counter so survivors know if all the totems are done or not.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

@BOSS242

If you could use some text formatting - could be nice, it is hard to read through wall of text with no spaces and loads of CAPS and exclamation marks.

Let me make it clear for you.

MoM before rework - had no counterplay for all M1 killers, providing free health state to survivor. It could be nice for newbies, but it was highly exploited by experienced survivors to prolong chases to unbearable time. Unhealthy design.

MoM now is nerfed too much, as always, they need to add safe unhook to actions that give token. Bad design.

Old DS - had little to no counterplay, except for dropping survivor 3 times and pray that hook is close enough. Providing unconditional health state and prolonging chase. Unhealthy design.

New DS - has counterplay in form of slugging, giving chance to survivor be healed by teammates and doing exactly what it meant to do all that time - counter tunneling. Good design.

NOED and Adrenaline I've explained in post above, they are both risk-perk with good design. But, you can spend time to get rid of NOED in exchange of your time, Killer can't get rid of Adrenaline apart from killing everyone before last gen pops. Both perks serve as time management perks and serve properly.

Ruin is perk that is good only against less-experienced survivors, I had 2 games as example as Hag yesterday, I run Ruin on her, since she's 110% speed Killer with setting time.

One game Ruin was destroyed 40 seconds into match even before I've reached it. I still 4k that team despite of them having 3 toolkits with speed addons and 1 BNP.

Second game was against 3 SWF + rank 4 solo twitcher, I checked his footage after game, he didnt miss once on great checks before Ruin was destroyed. You can check game from his perspective here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/449766658 from 43:10 timemark.

Ruin is NOT one of the best Killers perks, its value becomes lower and lower as higher you climb in ranks. At red ranks it's barely noticeable.

• OpenYoureyesOpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

Only the 1.000.000 times this comes out.

Imho is a bad solution to reward somehow bad killers and punish trolling survs.

Feels an old and overstressed game dynamic after 3 years...

• FizzFizz Member Posts: 71

For me NOED is similar to the perks like MoM, DS & Adrenaline. It's basically a second chance to do what you couldn't do in the first place.

• martin27martin27 Member Posts: 676

I go out of my way to destroy totems sometimes the killer still has NOED and sometimes i'm the person that finds that out the hard way. At least i wasn't camped out of the game in the first 2 mins

Until they put a totem counter on the survivor layout, don't talk about how easy it is to counter. Only 3 to 4 man SWF can do it easily. Solo groups have no way of knowing how many are done. Add in the trope of how to counter campers and tunnelers, you know the old "do the gens and leave" crap the defenders keep saying, and you have several situations where NOED is pure crutch.

I considered old DS to be a crutch as well. Never ran it, and only run NOED if I'm using a full end game build.