Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Enduring was actually nerfed, it is now slower than it use to be.

Financial_StabilityFinancial_Stability Member Posts: 458
edited July 2019 in General Discussions
Post edited by Financial_Stability on

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,480
    edited July 2019

This is a damn joke.

🤦

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

Okay... is this accurate? Because if so, I thought I was going [BAD WORD] insane lol. I thought it felt slower since the change but I just kept thinking 'I guess it's just visual?'.

I've been taking Enduring off of more and more killers, please god revert this if it's true devs :'(

• Financial_StabilityFinancial_Stability Member Posts: 458

I explained my testing in the description of the video. I believe 100% that this is as accurate as you can get.

• ReddRedd Member Posts: 826

It's supposed to reduce pallet stuns from 2 seconds to 1 second. It effectively does this. I don't agree with your methodology for testing/recording this; but the amount of time is small enough that human reaction time after the stun makes significantly more of a difference.

edited July 2019

What about the test is inaccurate if you don't agree with it if you don't mind me asking? 1/3 of a second is plenty noticeable. Heck 15% of a second is noticeable.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

The timing of the animation might be off. Since you don't know when the stun actually 'starts' You seemed to be counting from the time the survivor goes to grab the pallet down. Which may not be considered 'stun'

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,501

He says he's going from the time the power UI disappears, wouldn't that be consistent with only recording the stun?

edited July 2019

I timed as soon as any interaction on the bottom UI disappeared. This is when you will be locked into the stun. The end is when you have the ability to interact, so you will get UI elements. These are done at the frame they disappear/reappear, so at worst a margin of error of 1~2/60th of a second.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Well you both have to see it as a process. Code can only execute a few statements at a time.

UI Disappears -> You lose power to your character -> Stun Animation -> You regain power -> You see UI. You might be 'stunned' until the affect is given back but the actual stun that happens might be not what is referred to as the entire pallet stun.

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 655

I mean I guess? You'll still catch up to the guy either way in the chase, it doesn't look too bad for enduring. You'll still be able to be present in the chase and not lose the person. It doesn't look that affecting.

It may be functional, but as it stands the devs did the exact opposite of what they promised and goofed up the timing. It should be a 1/3rd of a second faster than what it is.

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 655

I guess? The 1/3 I guess is huge but I really don't see it affecting a killer while in a chase, and even so with Spirit Fury. No one runs enduring often anymore without spirit fury. This though, the malfunction and f up on a perk is embarrassing and should be fixed immediately.

• DeobloDeoblo Member Posts: 25

Do you guys REALLY think ANYTHING the devs do to this game (in 2019) is UNINTENTIONAL!? They KNOW this game EXTREMELY well. I realized that after the "Supposed" Ash and Ghostface "Leaks". I'm confident enough to say, I believe the only thing(s) that may be accidental, would be the bugs / glitches, but even those are purposely added sometimes. Any so called "Change" that is made these days, was meant. Believe that.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 1,251

I'll give this a crack with a friend in KYF while waiting for EAC to get their [BAD WORD] together and respond to my appeal, and record it to ssee.

• BigBubsBigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

OH SHIET A WHOLE 0.09 of a second nerf?! OMG!!!

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,587

Is anybody actually surprised?

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,072

If that is so, it's only because someone [BAD WORD] up the coding.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294
    edited July 2019

I'd like to see Enduring get a secondary effect such as being able to read the aura of the survivor who pallet stunned you for 5 seconds.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

Ever see anyone running brutal strength? no...

because the dev's increased base breaking time but also nerfed enduring so it is slower than it was.

it all matters and all makes a difference.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

@Peanits any comment on this please?

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,825
    edited July 2019

Just for the sake of consistency, wouldn't it have been better to test it with the same killer? You never know if different powers activate/deactivate in slightly different moments.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,030

It is weird that you sat that pallets are not a threat, yet they have the power to dissuade the Killer from continuing a chase. What is your definition of "being a threat," then?

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 5,974

My only complait is that its not side by side.

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

It does feel different. I used spirit fury and enduring as my main staple on killers.. and I noticed it didn't feel as good as before. I was thinking it would have been a better combo after the change, but I don't feel it now, as I've switched out the spirit fury for something else.

It felt like survivors could barely get to another pallet unless it was really close by, but now it feels like they get to a new pallets every time it triggered.