The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Forum is extremely CPU heavy

bendermacbendermac Member Posts: 601

Since the change a couple of months ago, the forum has become a real pain. Typing is delayed and the CPU usage goes throw the roof. Whatever you guys did, you need to fix it or switch the forum software to a better version.

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,480

This is something we are working on with Vanilla, it seems to be affecting Mobile and certain browsers ie Firefox. Chrome for example seems to be completely fine.

• bendermacbendermac Member Posts: 601

In Safari in macOS this forum it's really hard hitting

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 703

I've given up trying to type on mobile now. It's practically impossible.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 24

@MandyTalk I really hate to put things down as I generally like the forums. However, for the price you pay to have a VanillaForums license it is hard to imagine all these bugs and cpu drags existing. I have run and been on several XenForo setups that have dominated with Community made add-ons and neat features. I have also seen the back-end of XenForo and can say to remake a forum like this would take 2 weeks at max.

Which is sad to say when XenForo tagging works properly, the pages don't randomly hang up and scripts crash, User's can have specific and group permissions, we can have our own profiles and private messages. Signatures more emojis and other better features. While still keeping integral parts of the forum: Staff Ranks, Trophies, Upvotes/Likes. Without losing features like quotes actually giving notifications. Opting in to notifications to certain threads or opting out based on the user. Custom profile pictures for certain members with permission. Title Ranks and Custom titles. (Can point out general Behaviour/Moderators while keeping members rank up)

You can also purchase custom themes and add-ons that would remove a lot of the work of setting up the forum.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 500

It is possible but it is like 50/50 chance it will freeze. And say goodbye to editing posts or embeding videos.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,480

@Jdsgames thank you for your post, don't worry I understand that you are trying to help so am not taking it negatively. I appreciate you taking the time to post <3

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 24

I am glad you see it isn't trying to be super negative. @MandyTalk I simply just look at it tagging, losing the ability to post due to it hiding the message box and such as bare bones basic. Almost to the point of it being unacceptable. It would be like dead by daylight without a killer.

Post edited by Jdsgames on