Something's strange about the next chapter...

BBQ & Chili with Freddy's new gen teleportation ability and rework opinion.

So I just got on the PTB and played about 3 rounds against the new Freddy, and 2 out of the 3 rounds, the Freddy had BBQ&Chili, and since now he can teleport to gens if he has the ability ready to be used, he can teleport to any gen near survivors, it's kinda powerful when the survivor is injured and getting some heals or something like that. Now, it's not always OP but it seems like with BBQ&Chili it's kinda unfair at times. Also I think that, in the PTB, we should have all the perks available for Freddy just so we all can see if certain perks mixed with his new abilities are overpowered. But overall, I'm not disappointed with the rework, but I'm also not 100% happy with it either. The "sleep timer" feels too fast and a little too annoying, I feel like an extra 10-15 seconds on the timer would make the timer feel a little slower and be less of an annoyance.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheTrueDuckoTheTrueDucko Member Posts: 3

Right after I posted this, I got an infinite loading screen bug lmao.

• MrSunbroMrSunbro Member Posts: 111

Please, the sleep timer is a minute plus 30 second grace period. it's fine as is. It's MEANT to be annoying, not something you can laugh off

• BotizBotiz Member Posts: 16

I don't think it's OP at all, if anything I feel his gen-teleportation speed should be buffed. Five seconds is plenty of time to be able to find a safe loop/pallet.

• TheTrueDuckoTheTrueDucko Member Posts: 3

yeah I guess if the intention is to be annoying, then sure, I think I feel more like at the start it's too short. Otherwise yeah i'd have to agree. Also didn't realize the grace period was 30, thought it was around like 10 seconds honestly.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,475

It's a 30 second grace period, but only if you wake up using the clock.

• tehshadowman33tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 865

Only works if you hook near an unfinished generator.

• GhostulGhostul Member Posts: 41
    edited July 10

BBQ and Chili is not strong on just Freddy, hence why almost all killers run it in their builds. Play safe if you are worried about bbq and do what others have said and find a locker, move closer to hook or just leave your area. Freddy + BBQ and gen teleport is about the same as a nurse with any aura reading (except Freddy you can get a head start on thanks to the cues). Once you wise up to the fact they have BBQ, plan for it and use counter plays against him.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 767

It's only "OP" if you're CHOOSING to not avoid the aura read. You should almost always assume BBQ is in play and avoid it rather than crying for nerfs to perks with many counters.

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 199

BBQ Tinkerer Discordance and Thrilling Tremors.

Most. Fun. Ever.

• SpicybarbecueSpicybarbecue Member Posts: 152

honestly the perk that block gens when you pick someone up is actually better (thrilling tremors?), that in combo with pop goes the weasel is kinda hilarious to use together.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,452

There are plenty of counters to BBQ, maybe it's time to start using them...

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,130

Surely a 5 second warning is more than enough of a heads up.

• aGoodOldRubaGoodOldRub Member Posts: 46

Hiding in a closet is literally 100% of the time possible, killer picking up someone and going to hook is enough time for it.

Hiding behind the gen's aura, faking where you are going.

Many many counters for 1 perk. You decide to do nothing about it then ask for a nerf so no one would use the perk or the killer.

We dont need more game balancing around incompetent rank 20 survivors please.

• aGoodOldRubaGoodOldRub Member Posts: 46
    edited July 10

Also why do you think freddy got to such terrible point that it became the known worst killer ever and had to be given a whole rework.

Because devs actually listened people like you and nerfed the crap out of him. ;)

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 844

@Ghostul

Bbq is popular for bp that is primarily why its run. The aura readings are secondary. I'd rather run a different perk a lot of the time but those perks dont give me a 100% bp bonus like bbq so its mandatory on all my killers. Yes nurse billy huntress and generally mobilke killerz benefit from it but even then i d argue discordance, nurses is better.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 991

OP is somewhat correct. I have been able to dominate maps when I throw chili on. We all know you can't always hit a locker, so leave that lame excuse on the floor. Chili on Freddy is very powerful. Add in snares freely set during loops and I can chain hooks without much effort.

That said, we should not overreact here. Maybe slightly lowering the teleporting range and giving a slight slow down when setting the snare will balance those issues right out. Sort of like the clown or Huntress when they charge their throws, Freddy should slow just a tad to get the dream snare set.

Overall, he has been fun to play. I have not played against him yet, but have heard he is nearly impossible to loop if you are asleep, which everyone sleeps eventually.

Oh, I'm not using addons yet and have been pretty dominant so far

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

You think that on Freddy is bad? Try Nurse's Calling on Michael or Ghostface.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,281

Okay let's see.......... lockers, hiding behind gens, distortion, staying within 40 meters (maybe hard to judge at first but once you got the distance down you're golden) .... for freddy mainly----> keep an eye on near by gens it's easy to tell when hes teleporting lol.... honestly BBQ has so many counters to it now it's silly that players continue to to make threads about how its strrong

After playing a few more, I'd like to see the dream pallets become the baseline and the snares be the addons. I just think the pallets are more fun all the way around and add a bit of awareness to the game. Played a few survivor matches against Freddy and though I got tricked by a few pallets, I really enjoyed them. It was fun. I died due to being tricked by one, but it was a lot of fun.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 508
    edited July 10

Billy players always run BBQ and they can get there in similar time/faster, without a tell, and have potential to instadown. It's fine.

@Warlock_2020 I do agree re: making pallets baseline.

Post edited by SunderMun on
  • ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 1,603

BBQ with Freddy is like BBQ on Hillbilly, Nurse, Spirit, Legion and Wraith just high mobility, some are better than others but again you can just escape the teleport, you already basically get alerted if a Freddy has BBQ when they teleport right to your gen after hooking.

"I have not played against him yet, but have heard he is nearly impossible to loop if you are asleep, which everyone sleeps eventually."

That is not what I have heard. Me no have access to PTB, but from what I have heard, Dream Pallets are decent while Dream Snares do very little to combat loops.

@TAG I've played a few matches against him over the past couple of hours. The pallets are effective and a funny surprise. I actually don't mind getting downed dur to them. The snares can be a bit nuts. Faced a couple of Freddy's who did like I did and dropped them freely throughout chases and I found it extremely hard to do anything to get away. Not even stealth play worked.

I stick to my original observation from the killer perspective, it is too easy to end loops when you can drop those things without penalty during the chase. They are large, so precision is not an issue.

I think it would be a lot more fun for both sides if the pallets were base package and the snares were addons.

Ehhhh, not saying you are wrong about Snares since I cannot personally speak for or against them, but the word of mouth I have seen says differently.

Word of mouth can be tricky. It depends on the play style as well. I spammed those things as often as possible in loop chases and found them quite useful in either altering the course of the survivor so I could herd them, or slowing them just enough for me to smack them.

When you get a chance to try him out, try being liberal with their use. There is zero drawbacks to using it. Don't try to take the time to place them perfectly, just click and set as you move. They are decently sized and will cause many survivors to either swing out too wide in a loop or abandon all together.