Something's strange about the next chapter...

Snares > Pallets

JackZJackZ Member Posts: 12

I dont understand why so many people seem to like the pallets so much.

In my matches survivors just throw fake pallets down left and right, and if they dont they only run to windows and loop me there the whole time.

Snares can be placed while i chase inside of window and pallet loops they worked better for me.

Give survivors some time to adapt to dream pallets and you will see that they can be quite easily countered.

Comments

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 2,668

The Doc has been using fake pallets for two years against survivors. These are good add-ons.

• JackZJackZ Member Posts: 12

@Frozenscum

Yeah they are similar to Clown's bottles but they have some advantage over them.

They can also be hold ready to place like the clown bottles. But the main advantage is they never disappear until triggered they are like a ever lasting gas cloud from the clown and also a bit less visable.

"Freddy need to stand still to place them" " Freddy can't use them midchase effectively, since while standing to place them, he loses distance."

Than you are using them wrong. Freddy does NOT need to stand still to use them. I use them while moving all the time, you just need to hold them charged like Clowns Bottles.

@Frozenscum

Yeah they are similar to clowns bottles but they have an advantage over them.

They simply must be triggered to get rid of. Its like a ever lasting gas cloud but less visible. They can also be hold like the clown bottles on the ready to place.

"Freddy need to stand still to place them" "he loses distance" "Freddy can't use them mid chase effectively"

Than you are using them wrong. You can just hold a trap on the ready and place them in a chase without stopping a bit. Just use them like the clowns bottles, run around with a instantly placeable trap.

@NoShinyPony

I am not saying the pallet add-ons are bad, they have their uses and in some situations maybe can be superior.

I was just saying that in my opinion snares are better than pallets. We just need a better placement system that not cancels placement when you collide with a wall and some more snares to make them extremely strong.

I believe the reason so many dont understand how good snares can be, is the precise placement right now.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 392

I honestly can't see how snares are good. Do you have any video for comparison? From what I have seen most people agree that fake pallets are better and have success with them.

edited July 10

@Shaped

Since the ptb started i tried all the major add-on combinations. I dont have any footage but went 4k a lot with snares on ptb.

With pallets i did not perform on that level.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 392

Interesting. Would love to see people succeed with snares. I am on console so I can only watch for now...

• Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 32

I agree, probably most killers havent adapted to placing snares yet and most survivors havent adapted to countering pallets yet. Maybe a bit early to jump to the conclusion that snares are useless and pallets are the only was to go. That some People drive forward.

@NuclearBurrito

Yeah that would be optimal, being able to switch between them using a button. Like pressing the teleport button instead of holding it to teleport.

There were also some suggestions about this already, like being able to choose in your loadout without wasting a add-on.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,744

I don't mean in the loadout. I mean like, you can have a snared window right next to a fake pallet to make people want to go for the pallet instead of the window.

edited July 10

@NuclearBurrito

Yes i understood, thats why i was talking about buttons to switch between them.

If you can place both, they would need a shared max limit though. Guess 8 for both would be to little.

In the thread I made about this I set it to be pallets cost 2 tokens while snares cost 1 (effected by addons) and both of them draw from the current 8 tokens.

@NuclearBurrito

Hmm i guess that wouldnt be enough tokens. Just think about placing 4 pallets without addons and be maxed out.

@NuclearBurrito

Maybe both should cost 1 token and add-ons increase the token limit ?

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 306

I will say that it would be nice if the snares had a bit of auto-correct on placement, instead of just not being placed at all if one of the edges clips into an item. I'd much rather have a slightly wonky placement than just not have it be placed at all, especially since the charge takes some planning to get right.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 1,140

The biggest difference I'm seeing is just ease of use between the 2. Being able to nonchalantly place pallets while chasing someone is nice. I've even seen ppl place them through walls, just to get used seconds later by the survivor who couldn't see that pallet wasn't there 2 seconds ago. With the snares, you HAVE to place them in front of you and it feels clunky. Maybe they could make snare placement able to be setup at range, similar to how someone would teleport as nurse. Look further up to set it further away, and further down to set it closer.

@Huntar

I think the easiest way would be to make it stay at the last viable position.

Like this: you have the snare position right at the edge of a crate of a loop, its placeable. As soon as you go in the box, the snare spot stays right infront of the box until you touch the next viable spot. Like behind the crate.

edited July 10

@LordGlint

Yes that would also be nice, but i think the most important change would be what i wrote above, no obstruction of the snare would make it much nicer to use.

I agree that the ease of use seems to be what most people like about the pallets, both abilitys are somewhat similar.

• FrozenscumFrozenscum Member Posts: 393

All Freddies I've faced on PTB made 4k, know why? Cause survivors where running around new map, poking fake pallets and running into snares just to see how they work. Myself was doing same, I wasn't even touching gens for 3-4 minutes into trial, I was even chasing Freddy when Freddy was chasing someone else.

Even if you can place them on move (I didnt even try them as Freddy, cause fake pallets are so much fancier to use), they are still weaker version of Clown's gas. Gas covers more area, has effective addons, blurs vision and muffles sounds. Once again - devs haven't thought something new for Freddy, they took 2 abilities of other Killers and changed them.

Buffed illusionary pallet of Doc, and weakened Clown's gas, really, devs?

You were "reworking" Freddy for year, just to present us this?

Destroying interesting and unique Freddy's concept for what?

Current Freddy has unique playstyle, new one is another M1 Killer with "benefits".

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,762

Snares aren't bad if they lasted longer or got put down much quicker since he cannot apply aggression by warping to them like hag and doesn't end chased like trapper.

They certainly aren't the best things ever, and if the snares were his only power then the rework would be [BAD WORD]. However they do meaningfully help him and they work well with his dream projection.

They WOULD work really well with the fake pallets but you can't combine them.

Be cool if there was an add on that removed dream projection to equip snares, so he could have both, the 5 second gen channel is way to long, so starting and cancelling gimmick doesn't work well.

Actually, 5 second map channel isn't bad, I take it back but the snares needs some tweaking, wonkey placement at times, maybe last longer or have less of a set up time. Other that that, lookin good

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 84

I would buff the snares a bit like this, to make them more useful.

At the moment, when not in dream, they are useless. When in dream and not in chase, it is quite stupid if a survivor steps into them. Then Freddy receives a location notification. Not useless, but so far I did not have situations where I said "there he is, let's hunt him down". Some survivors even trigger them on purpose, for example when Freddy traps narrow passages inside school building. At the moment, snares are a pure chase tool (or mainly). Placing traps for later use in typical chase paths can be useful, but also easily countered.

I would give the snares an additional effect, when outside the TR of Freddy. Like increasing the sleep timer to survivors within 10 meters. Or like increasing skill check chances/difficulty/success zones to survivors in range.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 991

Freddy does not need to stand still, and does not even slow down. If you time things right, you slap one on the ground without the survivor noticing while in the loop. It helps a lot.

I found the snares to almost be too strong. I ended chases easily with them, but I did not take time to set them perfectly. I simply dropped them on the go. They are large enough to either obstruct the path, or cause survivors to widen their loop to avoid them, which gives me the hit.

I think many killers don't fully get their use uet.

I want it to be like:

E = Dream Pallet

M2 = Snare

Ctrl = Projection

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 80

Freedy has to stand still im sorry what? Freddy can move, at full speed, to place his traps. Where did you get standing still from.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 80

You can place them at full speed, have like 3-4 on the same loop to slow survivors, can use them to reveal and counter window vaults. The slow also lasts longer then clowns gas does.