Something's strange about the next chapter...

Snares > Pallets

2»

Comments

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 84

Another buff for snares. The sounds placing them is confusing. I would like to have a sound when it is ready to place. Is it just me or are there more people letting go of the power too early?

I know there is a hillbilly that also has to lok at his charge bar while in chase. But thats an insta down attack. Audio cue for help on a dream snare would be really nice to have. And it needs to be fixed that killer shack, complete osmond map and several other spots can't have traps placed at open fields

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 325

What I like about Freddy's pallets is that they have to be thrown down to remove but have to be manually placed. This wastes time and slows survivors during a chase but are only visible while fully asleep.

With Doctor's you only need to walk through them for it to be removed but are always visible and automatically placed.

A give and take in regard to ease of use but both are excellent. Doctor's pallet add ons are my favorite to use as well as the red stain add ons.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 325

As for Freddy's snares, they can be placed like hags traps but also slow survivors without an add on when tripped. With Clown's bottles, they remain on his person, can only be thrown and only so far then dissipate shortly after contact.

Personally, I like the idea of snares over bottles as they can be set up prior to a chase like Hag or Trapper. This creates a "safe" zone for Freddy that can be used if survivors are lured there. They can also be used as a way to cut off loops around a gen to make it easier to catch a survivor before they run to a different loop. Again, like Hag and Trapper. So, if they like those two, snares should feel familiar and used similarly to them.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 84

There is a bit of a difference regarding the snares compared to hag and trapper. When awake, you don't see them and are not affected. When asleep, they are clearly visible. Hag traps are very hard to see without flashlights and trapper traps instantly down a survivor (at least in a chase).

But snares are easier to place without slowdown. I just think, as said above, they need an audio cue to know when it is prepared. And of course, as said before, they should place in the last valid spot. It happens too often that you let go and want to place it and suddenly catched an invalid pixel that completely ends you power on release with no effect. Not even talking about Ormond where you a,most nowhere can place snares