Nintendo Switch™ players: Instability issues prevented us from releasing the mid-chapter update and The Archives. Good news! We are working towards launching the update sometime next week.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dream Snares need buffs

I haven't been playing with Freddy much, but instead against him, and I must say it's a lot of fun versing the new Freddy. However his snares really need some buffing. His dream pallets are so much better and make him an actual good killer, but his snares right now are just too weak.

I feel like he should be able to place 10 or 12 snares instead of 8, and be able to see their aura when within a certain range. Maybe also increase the slowdown or the duration of the slowdown of the snares, although they shouldn't be overbuffed either. But they definitely don't seem as powerful as they should be.

Comments

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 2,910

One thing to point out is that the slowdown is 15% and Clown's bottle is also 15% and he NEEDs add-ons to make it stronger but Freddy doesn't have any, so they gave us an inefficient base power with no way to make it stronger.

The add-ons that give Blindness and Hemorrhage effects could be replaced with a stronger slow. I know the Devs will say that if it's slower then it'll be too strong since it stops Fast Vaults but the reason it is so bad is because it doesn't help with pallet loops, only windows. You can't Slow Vault a pallet like you can a window for some reason, if they added that it then it would ok.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,626

I do agree. A stronger base slow would be nice just to not be forced to use those addons though. It's hard to say what buffs his snares really need. I do believe thgough that the most important buff would be increasing the amount of snares he can place. I think 12 would be good. 8 is just not enough.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,368

It's much weaker than Dream Pellet than sure

if they buff Dream Snares, so when a survivor vault through a pellet he will only do a Slow Vault, then it would be a nice buff, otherwise it needs to be buff in other Areas

It's too weak

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 983
    edited July 10

I'm gonna commit here and say that the only thing Freddy needs to be a solid killer is stronger snares.

Leave everything else as is. He feels great to play, is fun to play against and the gameplay does justice to the legend Freddy is as a character.

Just buff the snares a little bit. Them being visible from 3 screens away, feeling clunky to place, having no good add-ons attached to them and not giving that strong of a reward when they work feels bad. At least one of these needs to change.

Agreed. They could definitely improve the placement, right now it's a bit finicky. Shouldn't be thonly buff though.

Making them slowdown more would probably be best. Maybe it would help to also be able to place them over dropped pallets. Right now survivors can just wait at pallets and drop them, it would be nice if you could still place your snares behind the pallet at the side where the survivor is standing. If Freddy had more than 8 snares though that maybe wouldn't be necessary.

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 293

I'm still on the fence with the ability. Playing tonight I only had one killer who actually properly utilized the snares around loops and windows as you would with a clown. Everyone else seemed to put it directly on the pallets or windows which is pointless since the game detects fast vaults farther than the radius of the snares.

Tho I would agree with @HatCreature that there really should be an addon that increases the slows just like the clown's tonic bottles. The block addons are too trashy filler addons that would've been better utilized for such purpose. Hopefully people are vocal enough about the dream snares once they figure out how they can use it.

I'm not really a big fan of having him be viable only with dream pallets.

the block addons are really terrible. they should add exhaustion or an extra hindered effect or something like that. Just like with the Clown. Than they wouldn't be a waste of an add on.

I still think there needs to be some kind of buff to the base snares as well though.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 103

Its a 15% slow that lasts for 3 seconds, and you can stack them in mutiple areas to trigger many times over.

Well if you stack multiple of the snares than you won't have many elsewhere on the map. And he can't use them as effectively in chase as clown can use his bottles, since he can only place the snares in front of him.

If they just increased the number of snares freddy could place I personally would be happy. After that we can see in the live version how well Freddy does.