Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

There is no reason to use dream snares

First, good job on the rework! Freddy feels super run on both sides and i'm super hyped to play him on the normal game

I think there is one problem, dream snares are too weak compared to dream pallets, like most people are saying dream pallets provide more value while also being easy and fast to use from a distance even through walls,dream snares on the other hand feel clunky you only have 8 and you can't even see them through walls.

the thing is, why should i use dream snares if dream pallets are easy to access since they are common to rare addons? I think snares should see a buff or just make pallets rare addons only that way pallets being stronger is justified, thank you for reading through my report hope it helps!

Tagged:

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,614

Because dream pallets do literally nothing. Their entire purpose is making Survivors think they do something, but in reality they do nothing for anyone.

Snares on the other hand hinders the Survivor and shortens loops

• RebotOvaRebotOva Member Posts: 3

You can watch any freddy video with dream pallets and see their effectiveness compared to snares

They make survivors think that they have a safe place with a pallet but they don't and it's a free hit, if they know that a pallet is fake they will just leave it,same thing with the snares in a loop. using dream pallets takes no time and you have more than snares, snares don't really do much in a loop and even if it was effective on loops i think dream pallets still have more value

• TajeksTajeks Member Posts: 3
    edited July 11

Dream snares aren't useless

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 306

They waste survivor time, they make survivors question the value of real pallets, and they give free hits if the survivor doesn't have perfect situational awareness. That seems like far more than doing nothing. It's very abusable by SWF, but no more than most killer effects, and far less than the other trap-based killers.

• RebotOvaRebotOva Member Posts: 3

Never said they are useless, I and most people believe that pallets are more effective, i think that making survivors think they are safe and change their escape route is more valueable than helping in loops, first times are always going to be effective unless they have seen that area before and memorize it, and i don't think most people can remember 10 different pallets location

i still respect your opinion

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,762

Dream snares are dope, a little bit too long a placing maybe, not sure. But I cut off many loops using the tool. Snares are just not as easy to use. What I do is I literally run them round strong loops. Maybe if you have more tokens, like ten it'll be more manageable. But it does justice at many loops and shack

Also, yeh the setting can be a little wonkey, gonna get fixed though, good thing for ptb!

I didn't say they were useless, I said they didn't do anything. Which they don't, that's literally the whole point.

While the upside to that is that they don't help the Survivor despite them thinking it will.

The downside is that the power doesn't do anything unless the Survivor allows it to.

The snares do what they do no matter what.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,413

Just seems that snares are really underunderwhelming given they are easy to see and have no effect on pallet vault speed. There are times when the slowdown visually looks like lag instead of being hindered.

Look, they aren't the best thing ever sure, but if you get used to them, dream projection and using the 2 combined then I'm sure you will be far more effective. While the dream pallets effectiveness is based solely on how much attention the Survivors are paying and if there is a nearby real pallet as well.

If there isn't then they were [BAD WORD] anyways.

Hindered effects never effected pallet vault speed, you don't need it to. Idk if you played clown, but pallets always have 1 fast vault and one slow vault, not a big variety like windows. It's wonkey but they do break down some loops and such, but the pallet argument is meh since pallets gaurantee a fast vault when a rush action is used, even when hindered by a snare or clown gas. The point is to set it in the middle to catch a,survivor before the get to a pallet.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 613

I think people still overestimate dream pallets. Like when survivors get used to them, they'll just plan their escape route before they get chased while they're awake and dream pallets will be useless.

Yes dream snares are underwhelming but that can be easily fixed and even now I consider them to be better in the long run.

• prettyfprettyf Member Posts: 305

dream snare is good it reduces or even prevents loop in chase

• prettyfprettyf Member Posts: 305

but old dream was better than new dream world

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 972

I think most people don't understand how to use the snares. I drop them liberally during chases so they hinder loops. I found them ridiculously effective at ending chases. I don't slow down, nor do I have to stop to do it. They are decently sized so I don't have to be precise about it either.

Snares are strong, almost too strong, if you use them to hinder loops. I honestly think there should be a slight slowdown while setting them.

Pallets are a blast. I found them to be a fun new aspect as both killer and survivor. Would love to see pallets and snares switched.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 84

@Warlock_2020 I don't think a slowdown is the way to go. If you think they are too strong, I would reduce the hindered effect. I would not place a trap to say "hey, I'm slowed down, but you are too if you run here again". But I think it is still ok the way it is.

Countering dream pallets is pretty hard. Not sure if you all are masterminds, but I can plan for my surrounding. Not for the next loop after I used the safe pallet. Maybe on a way to a gen you can find 2 loops and memorize the pallets, but even then you can't always say if in the meantime someone dropped a pallet and it was replaced. You can just be sure for what is in sight. You can make it safe only if you waste a lot of time running around examining the environment, before you move to the next gen.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 56

Um..no reaosn? You can place traps while moving at entirely full speed without stopping, can put like 2-3 on a loop, or all over a jungle gym, and each one slows for 15% for 3 seconds mind you. Thats longer hten clown gas lasts.

Oh, they also reveal and can counter window vaults quite well.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 56

Um....how? They slow by 15% for 3 seconds, longer then clown gas lasts, and reveal. And they aren't able to be disarmed or stopped.