The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Alternate View on Snares

Everyone, including me, agrees that the Snares don't do enough because they are hard to place, take too long, and don't slow Survivors enough to be useful. Instead of adding add-ons to make the Snares stronger the Devs thought to just add effects, bad effects.

My alternate view on Snares is that instead of making them stronger what if they did something MORE than JUST SLOWING? What if the Snares also screwed up Survivors direction just like Hag's traps do?

Right now a Survivor runs into a Snare and drops the pallet or Vaults the pallet, making the Snare useless. But if they acted like Hag's traps they would get slowed and then run in the opposite direction for a split second as well. This would make incredibly vulnerable yes but it would give Freddy more time to catch up which is his problem. Right now the Snares don't do enough for him to catch up to Survivors to stop them and this would disorient them long enough for him to get a hit.

Comments

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,294

I don't agree. I think too many are trying to place them just right. I drop them quickly during chases and end loops rather effectively. I think once people catch on to their true use, you'll see they are almost too strong due to no need to stop and no slowdown when using them.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,262

@Warlock_2020 So what is the correct way to use them then? My best strategy is putting them near the Basement and hoping that there's a Gen above it, using both abilities to get there fast and slow down anyone going down.

I know the Snares are awesome at windows, i've seen it, but when it comes pallets I don't really know the most effective way to use them at that instance since it doesn't slow them enough.

• typervadertypervader Member Posts: 103

I think the snares are fine though. Sure they aren't amzaing, but people forget he has the teleport, and the passive buffs to his power. They aren't JUST traps.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,262

@typevader so how do YOU use the traps? I see very few people say they're good but serious players like myself cannot see how to use them effectively since they're hard to place and don't slow enough. If the pallets are more effective than the Snares then the Snares, his base ability, needs a buff.

• TheMadDoctorTheMadDoctor Member Posts: 247

True, the issue with me though is the controls for placing the snares down. ...Why the hell do you have to look down where you’re placing it and stop in place if you want to not interrupt the set up? When they showed off the rework, I was thinking you just had to get ready, find the spot then boop! Instant set up of a dream snare with a small set of seconds for it to take setting up...the methods for placing them just feel backwards. I would focus on a better set up before buffing them. If I did buff them, I would have anyone who did go into the snares to for a bit have all their actions slown down by a small amount. This would fix the issue of survivors mindlessly going over snares to get rid of them.

• wisdomwisdom Member Posts: 216

The underline problem with snares, imo, is just that they are cumbersome to place.

allowing to you place them without concern of collision (so that you don’t have a bunch of random places you can’t place them because of a rock) and moving the channel to the arm time so you can seamlessly place the snare while on the move would be a significant improvement.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 416

Personally, I think snares would be a lot more viable if they'd just remove the placement time, or have an auto-correct to the placement so you don't lose the charge if you place it a bit too close to an object.