The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

My View On New Freddy And Update Suggestions

Finally, the most fun killer to play as and against with actual mindgames (I'm looking at you Spirit after the new sound update that made footsteps extremely loud whenever you walk or run)

Dream Projection: I see a lot of people suggesting to make the transition faster with teleport being available at the start of the round. I think not. I don't think Dream Projection should be used to pop up next to a survivor on the other end of the map and get a free hit. So far it would seem every single twitch streamer underestimates the use of generator teleport, and completely relies on Dream Pallets. But you can actually use your teleport to cut off the survivor mid chase, or pop up on the other side of the loop after hiding in the blind spot without them knowing, the Dream World lullaby really help you out on that for next lvl mindgames because survivors can't pin point exactly how close you are. My suggestion would be make Dream Projection have a 50% cooldown at the start of the round, and reduce the general cooldown of Dream Projection from 45 seconds to 40 seconds (if I'm correct).

Dream Pallets: I feel like they're in the perfect state, but to give survivors some actual meaning to dropping the Fake Pallets down, token that was used should be set on a 30~ish second cooldown whenever survivors drops a fake pallet and don't give Freddy deviousness points for survivors dropping down a fake pallet unless he hits that person right after that, if Freddy puts up another pallet with all of his tokens being used, and another being on a cooldown, the last pallet that is currently standing will disappear.

Dream Snares: TILD - they are [BAD WORD], and Dream Pallets are completely superior compared to them. Obviously needs a buff.

Addons: Every addon seems fine except for the block addons and kid's drawings that makes useless Dream Snares even more useless.

Well, that's about it, I really hope devs won't give Freddy the Ghostface treatment, cause Freddy right now seems pretty solid and the most fun killer to play against and as for me personally.

Comments

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 2,691

Disagree with pallets being on cool down, they are just fine, his snares do nothing to help a chase and can hurt you, Z block is useless but I suggested a change for it on my discussions, pray that he does not get the Ghostface, because they are really doing a good streak in making weak consecutive Killers.

• SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 160

I think the cooldown for pallet token after it's been dropped is needed so there would actually be meaning in dropping down the pallet you know is fake, which would also make killer think smarter if he wants to put fake pallets all over the place and in front of downed survivor, or if he's gonna put pallets in smarter places that are not as obvious.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,787

I personally think the pallets are fine the way they are. Shouldn't be nerfed really. I think you underestimate how that would hurt Freddy. I also don't think the snares are nearly as bad as some people say, but I definitely agree that they do need some kind of buff.

• SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 160

Perhaps they should keep pallets the way they are, but at least they should make it so Freddy doesn't get deviousness point from someone pulling the pallet down unless he hits that person right after that, I don't want to feel like I'm just feeding the killer points whilst trying to help out my team and myself

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,276

Nerf what is strong about freddy...... hell yeah after 2years of waiting let's ruin what is arguably the most fun thing about him by adding a boring cooldown when survivors can just pulldown the pallet and get rid of it anyways..... thumbs up..... this isnt nearly a bad idea at all............ imo no changes should be made and he should go live for further testing...... fix bugs and change Zblock but the base kit should stay the same...