Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do stuff to ACTUALLY punish face campers.

Comments

• OpenYoureyesOpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111

They will never do anything.

Camping face camping area camping tunneling etc are approved and viable strategy used in tournament finals by pro players.

Devs personally encouraged those by creating insidious perk and killers without aura by default.

Just use the time the killer is camping to do gens and if you are camped make the killer lose the most possible time.

In any way the game is over for you, you can thank bad game design :)

• MoonwalkMyersMoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2019

campers and tunnelers are the only reason to not play dbd. I hear that often and thats true.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,801

If someone else is being hard camped, get your ass on a gen the microsecond you realize.

If you are being camped, just hang in there for 2 minutes. I fully support suiciding on hook if your entire team is crouching, pointing and tbagging around the hook instead of doing the smart thing though, they don't deserve your sacrifice then.

• ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

Any attempt to punish camping killers ended up being abused by survivors so they couldn't implement it

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528

Face campers are a plague and you can do little to nothing if they are camping.

You still find noobs who hard camp at 5 gens with Ruin + Noed at red ranks.

"vAlId TaCtIc" my ass, its a skilless and braindead tactic which shouldn't get rewarded in any way. But it gets rewarded,apparently, looking at how many braindead killers there are at high ranks.

"If the survivors are smart,camping will guarantee a loss for the killer"

Yes,in SWF group.

Definitely not in solo groups since literally everyone will stop doing to gens to check why the guy hasn't been rescued yet ,wasting survivors time.

Not to mention No One Escapes a Noob which can guarantee a 2 K and tremendously increases the chances of getting a 3 k .

It doesn't matter if its a valid strategy ,its a SUPER UNFUN strategy to go against.

And this isnt a competitive game,its a game you play for fun,and getting deleted immediately from the game and 100% depipping AND gaining a ######### amount of points without NOTHING you can do about it is NOT fun.

• LarczLarcz Member Posts: 531

Like you write killers got bbq for not camp but hey survs dont like that so...Why we dont get any punishment for insta heal?

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,318

think rewards not punishment.

reward us for NOT camping.

that is the proper way to go.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,318
  • ClogWenchClogWench Member Posts: 2,583

There's also perks like Devour Hope and Make Your Choice. One big problem with all these though is that they're locked behind paywalls (devour hope not always but the other two) and the leverage they give isn't fantastic overall. DH is strong but also a Hex(and as a result is weaker with Ruin)

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Maybe don't sit 3 meters away from the hook and maybe I won't camp.

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Survivors already got an unjustified penalty for killers being near the hook 'but not in a chase'(dependent on the game's utterly unreliable ability to detect a chase) in the emblem system, whilst simultaneously securing for themselves BONUSES for not doing their own objectives or trying to escape a chase, but for simply griefing and stalling the killer.

This game will not be fair until the devs stop listening to feedback from survivors.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,421

Camping can already be detrimental to killers, but it is a playstyle that is accepted.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,549

If you rank 3 and cant counter a camper you playing it wrong

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585

Getting facecamped is literally only 2 minutes of your time THAT'S IT. Get over it and move on.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,072
  • DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,335

We all get the opportunity to evade and escape with no hooks. At no point are you guaranteed anything more than a first and final hook. Every additional chance is the result of teammates making smart decisions. Whether the killer camps or not, avoiding your first hook is your responsibility and failure to do so is a result of mistakes made.

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

What is your definition of face camping? Is the killer literally standing in your face the whole time, not allowing un-hook till you die? Or are they hiding behind the hook baiting other survivors in? There's a BIG difference there and I hear a lot of people bitching about face camping when there not being face camped. There being used as bait while the killer hides close by, usually leather face running insidious. That's called strategy and there's no problem with it in my book. Now, actual face camping I do and they SHOULD be punished unless they were playing toxic AF, then they deserved it.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited July 2019

They get the satisfaction of buying their (smart) team mates enough time to get out, making the Killer lose.

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 842

Gets a lot better at higher ranks, but get out of those low ranks can be tough, especially when you haven't played for multiple rank resets. Between bad survs that aren't doing gens when the killer is clearly occupied and camping/tunneling killers. People often suicide when it is clear the killer is camping/tunneling. Even if you are decent and don't get hooked, before you know it, it is just you and the killer.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,841

Then the devs didn't think those ideas through. Like they don't take affect if another survivor is within a certain area of the hook. Idk what ideas they tried though, tbh.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,060

This has already been tried in the past and it failed horribly because the survivors abused it.

The solution isn't to punish camping. The solution is to understand WHY killers camp and fix that. Camping is a symptom of the actual disease which is game imbalance. Balance the game, fix camping.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,841

I still don't know what "it" is so I can't comment on that.

Exploiting is not a survivor vs killer thing. There are players on both sides who do it.

I don't understand why you speak as if survivors are one monolothic being. They "don't know what they want" because they're all different people with different wants.

With every change there will be some kind of reaction or adaptation to it. People will invariably complain. Either because they didn't foresee the consequences or because they didn't want the change to begin with. I don't see the point in creating some narrative and lumping all survivors or all killers into one group.

• DragonredkingDragonredking Member Posts: 874

SImple, don't stay near him will he is "face camping", that way he doesn't pip, you pip and you won't have to deal with him once you are ranked up

• JusticeJustice Member Posts: 60

As someone who is ACTUALLY in red ranks as Surv, this is blatantly false. You very very very rarely find camping Killers in red or even purple ranks unless your team is being toxic hook circling altruistic jerks.

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I think your reply is very reasonable, so I'll drop my usual pretenses.

I have an issue with the standards many people who play this game adopt when they try to make arguments. These standards matter because the devs do appear to listen to feedback and many changes can be read as originating from feedback; we don't know for sure though because the devs rarely talk about their design intent.

I understand exactly the frustration when you no longer are able to meaningfully participate in a match; the killer is forcing you to ######### on the hook or wait for what happens which on balance of probability means dying anyway. This is a catch-22 decision that a survivor is forced to make, so the debate becomes: is it right that a survivor can be forced to have to make it?

The problem for me is anyone arguing that it's unfair is arguing for a certain standard, but that standard is vague: do they support the same standard when applied to killers for example? My estimation is that they don't: they want to apply a double-standard, one rule for survivors who must not face an uncomfortable and unfair catch-22, a different rule for killers who by design face constant catch-22 decisions, some of which survivors expressly lobbied for.

The first idea the devs tried as an anti-camping stick was to make the first phase of being hooked indefinite in length as long as the killer was within a certain distance of the hook. So a survivor gets hooked, but their progress towards stage 2 will stop whenever the killer is within X metres.

They tested this on the PTB and it was not just a balance catastrophe, but rife with griefing of both the killer and the person on the hook, who would often be left to die having been hooked for the entire match. They still have the catch-22 of having to decide to kill themselves or see what happens. The killer has the catch-22 of having to give away a free-unhook or chase someone who loops straight back to a hooked person they might have no intention of saving.

One common scenario was when the hook got swarmed because everyone knew no hook progress would happen if the killer wouldn't leave and the killer couldn't leave without commiting to a chase and giving a free un-hook; it was no longer a consideration about map-pressure because they were all at the hook. Killer hits one of them, they run off and if the killer doesn't follow they just do a gen whilst the other two are baiting the killer. When the killer makes moves towards one, they start running away and the other starts moving towards the hook, forcing the killer to go back or let them make a save which they will wait until just before stage 2 to do.

The only people being spared a catch-22 were the other survivors, who were often SWF whilst the hooked person was a solo. However the idea got adjusted, it would be abused. Make it so it doesn't apply in a chase doesn't work because these stand-offs were happening with everyone spaced apart and popping in and out of view, tea-bagging. It would require greatly improving the game's system for deciding when a chase is happening, for times when someone is looping around near a hook, but the devs didn't even bother doing that when they implemented the suggestion to reduce killer emblem points for staying near a hook.

• Captain_DoomsdayCaptain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Because they did that and Survivors just looped near hooks to penalize Killers.

You'll never eliminate camping entirely. The hooks were an error in game design IMO, at least when made mandatory by abandoning the option for manual kills sans mori. All you can do now is incentivize leaving the hook.

I keep suggesting much slower, interruptible kills on the second down, because most players will let someone be unhooked for an opportunity to kill them directly, but that opportunity only arises if they catch them in isolation.