Toxic Players

Let me preface this with, "this has nothing to do with camping/tunneling or using certain perks". Yes camping/tunneling sucks but people will still do it :( oh well. And as for perks, they're in the damn game, so they are all fair use, learn to play around them.

Anyways, I just really wish the Devs would monitor the end game chat more and ban people for toxic behavior; whether it be calling someone horrible things, or telling them to learn how to play, or calling them a cheater because they got a 4k. If you can't just play the game and enjoy it, don't play. Go play a single player game and let everyone else enjoy this one.

When I play survivor and I get wrecked by an amazing killer, I tell them how awesome they were or ask them for hints. And when I play killer and have a super sneaky or amazing looper survivor, I tell them they were way too good for me and congrats to them.

Honestly, they should just get rid of end game chat :( It's fun to talk to cool people and gain friends, but a large portion of the community is toxic and some people just ruin the game.

Just my opinion

Tagged:

Comments

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 61
    edited July 14

Being an idiot shouldn't be bannable, calling someone a cheater in end-game chat is not the same as filing false reports which I assume would be punishable if people do it enough. Obviously if people go full rage goblin and call people slurs and say shit like suicide encouragement they should be thrown out, and I'm pretty sure they do get banned.

You can hide chat if you want, or just say gg and leave immediately.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,339
    edited July 14

I think in any pvp game there's always going to be a certain amount of "smack talk" and it's to be expected - there's the option of closing the chat box for this reason, telling someone "learn to play" is certainly not an offence to ban for in a PvP game, death threats on the other hand, should be (and are!) punished.

• betelgeuseyesbetelgeuseyes Member Posts: 29

For sure but where is the line drawn? Can I get banned for continuously meleeing a survivor on a hook for example?

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 285

I like end game chat, though. It's nice to talk to people after a fun match and it makes me happy when it's wholesome.