Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Struggle Phase Revamped

124»

Comments

• Chaddad2169Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Now this is the first change I've heard from you that I actually agree with, especially the animation changes and buff to Deliverance. Great skill check = dodging a jab by the entity? That sounds so COOL.

Being pulled off and the entity stabs where the survivor's head just was sounds terrifying and the deliverance one? Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I'd suggest something a bit more dramatic and violent if the survivor misses the skill check, maybe a smaller spider leg stabs into the survivor's side (and the sound they make will just be a sound that they make if they got hit from healthy to injured).

Also a few deliverance changes (I assume the skill checks will be similar to the DS and Brand new part skill checks?).

If the survivor hit one skill check out of three, they'll remain on the hook, same if they hit none (obviously).

If the survivor hit two out of three they'll still unhooks themselves but will be affected by deep wounds (when they kobe maybe have the entity slash the survivors back? Thus causing deep wound?)

And then three out of three they unhooks themselves unharmed.

But alas, great change ideas 😁

Change the death animation, after the entity impales the survivor, the hook breaks and the husk of the dead survivor falls to the floor and the entity's claws pull them into the ground.

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

See, I think initially you are quick to jump to conclusions. When you disagree with something you should state why. Similar to how you pointed out what you liked about the mechanic idea. You should do the opposite when you disagree. defeat arguments with logic not insults or exaggerations. I make both Survivor and Killer sided changes I try to remove a bias. There are reasons I believe in the changes and have no problem fully explaining my position. However, doing that on every single post is sometimes just not doable due to time constraints and general spam.

"Being pulled off and the entity stabs where the survivor's head just was sounds terrifying and the deliverance one? Perfect. Absolutely perfect." - It just changes it to be more action based. Not let me macro or spam a button. Although, skill checks are technically quick time events they are not used really as such in this case. You have fall-backs. Glad you like the change.

"I'd suggest something a bit more dramatic and violent if the survivor misses the skill check, maybe a smaller spider leg stabs into the survivor's side (and the sound they make will just be a sound that they make if they got hit from healthy to injured)." - Again if Behavior has better ideas for the animations I am down. Again this is general concept for a mechanic and just some bonus ideas to go along. If this animation was changed I wouldn't hate the mechanic. It simply is a visual representation of thought.

"Also a few deliverance changes (I assume the skill checks will be similar to the DS and Brand new part skill checks?)." - You would be correct: You got a buff but you have to work for it to make it happen.

"If the survivor hit one skill check out of three, they'll remain on the hook, same if they hit none (obviously).

If the survivor hit two out of three they'll still unhooks themselves but will be affected by deep wounds (when they kobe maybe have the entity slash the survivors back? Thus causing deep wound?)

And then three out of three they unhooks themselves unharmed." - Understandable the reason I made it 3 is because I want to make it more prone to failure. I don't want the mechanic to be an instant buff with no downside. Deep Wound in the current state is a useless status effect. It is already being exploited by just remaining in deep wounds within the terror radius or in a chase. Not something I am fond of for those particular reasons. I preferred the old borrowed time you needed self-care or a teammate to patch you up. If you were in chase you needed someone to take a hit for you. These mechanics were more diverse than they are now and more 'deadly' per-say.

True, Deep wound is a pretty much useless status effect.

The reason why I thought if you hit two out of three you'll be affected with deep wound is because I had the idea that you'd have to waste a bit more of time to mend yourself then go do a gen or be healed.

I honestly think that the timer for deep wound should be affected from meters rather than the terror radius itself.

If they changed it to meters, it'd be a bit more useful to the killer and would also help survivors affected with deep wound against killers with low terror radius' (Myers, Ghostface, Wraith, Pig).

But yeah, I wouldn't mind how this idea would be executed just as long as they do it right.

Not really other than it's a great idea, I'm sick of lag spikes getting me killed when I'm obviously struggling.

This change would help with lag spikes accidentally sacrificing survivors

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I really like this, but the skill checks would be Moreno for survival you know?

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited August 2019

@Jdsgames I kind of agree with 8obot1c. the points you get should probably go to survival moreso than objectives. But at the same time, if you're being chased you're not likely to have had much generator "action". Either way it'd probably be good, but it makes more sense to go to survival. There is already a big difficulty on getting survival points as is, so adding survival to this category would be nice. Perhaps half survival half objective? I know the game doesn't have that sort of system in place, but it shouldn't be hard to add. It'd literally just be giving you X points for survival and X points for objectives.

Well, see how I kinda look at it. Although, you are being camped to death you are getting objective points for stalling the killer on the hook. Essentially giving your team the chance to do gens. However, you also get struggle points for the duration of your struggle phase. If you complain you can't get these points your team yanked you off too soon. This encourages leaving them hang a bit if the killer doesn't tunnel while camping ones give the team a chance to do gens and totems while rewarding the 'bait' persay. Although, I am down for a boost in struggle points if this changes.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited August 2019

@Jdsgames It doesn't bother me entirely however it would be done. But some extra survival points are always welcome, and if you're being chased you're likely not doing gens, so you're probably gonna suffer from both of those, especially if you don't get out. This is generally a big problem with campers. You don't get many points at all for any category except boldness. You're still stuck in the game trying to hand your team a win, but you lose out on points massively.

• tavdogg11tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

I agree with the rework of the struggle mechanic. We need to change it so it won't be a annoying button mash.

• Rokku_RorruRokku_Rorru Member Posts: 146

I really love OP's suggestion, it makes it more engaging and could reward points for being on the hook... also makes so many perks more useful in this sort of situation.

• Rokku_RorruRokku_Rorru Member Posts: 146

Maybe add some cool visual tells based on the stage of failure/success against the entity they are in, I think this kind of struggling could perhaps void current anti tunnel perks, and make moris more valuable?

maybe the killer can have some sort of interaction with it to decrease the timer but waste their own precious time (Smack them to decrease the timer by 0.5 seconds) IDK, but that'd probably encourage tunnelling...