Home Discussions General Discussions

Dc'ing so another survivor can get the hatch

Basically there are 2 survivors dead, 1 dc's so the other can get the hatch. This is pretty annoying since it denies the killer to actually play for his 3 or 4k and can sometimes totally screw up the killer's attempt of getting an Adept.

I think the hatch shouldn't instantly open when someone Dc's and should only open after a few seconds or a minute to give the killer a chance to close it or get the last survivor.

What do you guys think? And has anybody else been having trouble with this?

Comments

• My_FarewellMy_Farewell Member Posts: 495

As far as i know only console killers can keep their stuff by DCing in a certain way which i won't mention.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

• PalletOrWhatPalletOrWhat Member Posts: 260
    edited July 2019

You won't DC if you're a fair gamer. I'm not 100% sure, but it would also be against the rules I think.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,365

It's breaking Terms of Service. There is no opinion to be had, it's quite black and white.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,659

LOL

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,228

@Jdsgames I'd rather not waste a perk slot for a perk I may not even get to use if I don't get slugged. No thanks.

And you asked whose fault is it if I get slugged? literally the killer's fault XD

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

So by your logic: A killer should lag switch or hack if the survivors are doing good because it is the survivors fault? Hmm perks that may not always be used: A few come to mind... Dying Light, Noed, Deliverance, No mither, unbreakable, decisive strike, etc. Who's fault is it that you are on the ground? Apparently you got caught. Being slugged means your teammate is not healing you back up. Therefore who's fault is it really? I will just leave it at that. It is clear it is an ignorance situation. Hopefully when dedicated servers and they actually punish for your behavior we will see less of your slimy tactics.

• Commander_RikerCommander_Riker Member Posts: 23

Supposedly they're implementing punishments for DC'ing soon.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

I don't have a problem with slugging for the 4k, but it is a sweaty move and you can't blame someone for not wanting to sit there waiting. I'd rather move on to the next match.

It's one of the reasons I quit playing survivor. Too many sweaty killers and I needed to be able to get to the next match asap if I was going to maximize BP gain. But no, the sweaty 13 year old had to have their 4k and most of the time they failed to get it.

• My_FarewellMy_Farewell Member Posts: 495

@George_Soros

I could understand slugging to get the 4K when killers couldn't close the hatch, but now? Nah

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@My_Farewell actually yeah, there's a lot less of that lately. I usually just slug the third, go search for hatch, go back and hook the guy. I have plenty of time to go back to the hatch and close it before he's sacrificed. Takes a lot less time than it used to without the option to close the hatch. Yet another thing that has been greatly improved, thanks to EGC.

• RoKruegerRoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

The disconected survivor should be banned for a couple of hours. Now that would be the ultimate sacrifice for a friend ;-)

Hey guys,

Please stop tunneling and camping and fix da NOED...

Oh, we had a fun game with none of those....but you slugged me.....DC :D

Me not entitled!

You toxic!

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 725

Where is the downvote when I need it... There are several comments in this post that deserve to be downvoted to hell

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I only say 1 thing.

DC = Game Mechanic = Bad for the game

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 833

Gives me a good chuckle.

There's definitely a few users here I'll be ignoring in any future game health/balance/fair play discussions.