Home Discussions General Discussions

Who is rank reset fun for? What is the point?

edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,681

I'm closing in on my first full year of playing this game, which would make this my 12th rank reset (I think), and now more than ever I question the value of a monthly rank reset. The biggest question that comes to my mind is this: Is this fun for anyone? There are matchmaking scenarios that occur around reset that are much less likely to occur in the weeks after, and they seem to lead to frustration from all players involved.

Scenario 1: A rank 10 killer on the day of reset (red ranks before reset) gets matched up against rank 15 and 17 survivors. The match is blatantly uncompetitive. Was this fun for anyone?

Scenario 2: Rank 15 killer gets matched up against rank 10 survivors on the day of reset. The game lasts 5 minutes, the killer downs 1 person the entire match and everyone escapes. What was the point?

Scenario 3: Ranks are more or less equal and a normal game occurs. This game would have happened anyway without a rank reset. Cool.

Scenario 4: One rank 10 survivor, 3 low yellow rank survivors, green rank killer. Survivors end up frustrated, but for different reasons. Killer ends up bored.

I could go on, but my point is: do we have to do it this way? Do we need to put red ranks all the way down to rank 10 every month? I legitimately feel bad when my Spirit goes up against rank 16 survivors with 2 perks that hold W in a straight line. It can't be fun for them and it serves no purpose. I'm sure they don't want to continue playing afterwards. Same goes for the poor killer that I loop for 3 gens on reset day. We would never encounter each other except for the 13th-15th of every month. Why do we have to now?

Comments

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 194

I like it because I dont like playing against High Rank Survivors... they loop too much.

Like If I play Hag a lil too muchone evening, ill skyrocket in Ranks, so its nice for me so I dont have to lose on purpose and derank.

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

If there was more variety of gameplay in higher ranks, red ranks wouldn't need rank reset that much. Personally, I dislike rank reset because it reduces my hard work in getting to a rank I want.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

It's a good thing. Mixing up ranks sometimes creates a bit of unpredictability, which is good. Skilled players will rank up soon enough anyway. And it creates incentive to play more, at least for those players who want to brag about rank (there's a lot of us ;).

I just don't get it why people keep saying they're "not having fun" when playing against much better players every once in a while. So you occasionally get your ass handed to you, na und? It's a learning experience, not the end of the world. I understand it's frustrating if it happens all the time, but it's usually not the case. All you need is some sense of humor, and you'll get over these losses.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,519

It has a few purposes.

It allows people to play other killers/survivors without feeling the need to only usr them they have full perk loadouts with.

It gives a monthly goal to those who care about rank which can make the grind seem less. Its a way to sort of trick peoples mind.

It allows players to feel more powerful and leave the forums for a bit giving mods some breathing space when going up against newer players until they get to the rank they should be at. Then they can come to the forums to complain again.

• Jess0100Jess0100 Member Posts: 1

I can see your point it's so frustrating. I usually hover between 5 and 7 as survivor and its really hard for me to pip when I only play SWF.

But it's also fun just after the rest because you have no idea what skill level you're going up against.

• FUCKDOCPLAYERSFUCKDOCPLAYERS Member Posts: 1

The game and the players are [BAD WORD] idiotic sheep who feed the devs their money to get trolled. The Doc is far too OP as are Leatherface and Hillbilly. [BAD WORD] YOU [BAD WORD] THE GAME [BAD WORD] THE GAME'S MAKERS AND [BAD WORD] EVERYONE WHO PLAYS INCLUDING MYSELF. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THIS [BAD WORD] GAME. THE COMUNITY [BAD WORD] SUCK JUST LIKE IT'S MAKERS. LET'S BE HONEST KILLERS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE HENCE WHY PEOPLE SPAM TO PLAY THEM. THEY GET MORE BLOOD POINTS MORE CHANCES OF WINNING AND DO THE ADMINS CARE? [BAD WORD] NO! THEY CARE ABOUT MONEY NOTHING ELSE THEY DO NOT GIVE A [BAD WORD] ABOUT TROLLING NOR CHEATING SO LONG AS THEY PAY. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HEARD OF SOMEONE GETTING BANNED FROM ONLINE PLAY DUE TO EXPLOITATION, HARRASSMENT/TROLLING, UNNESSARY CONDUCT, ETC? [BAD WORD] ZERO AND [BAD WORD] THE FORUMS FOR BACKING AND I DEMAND YOU BANNED ME CAUSE AT LEAST THIS WEBSITE COULD HAVE THE [BAD WORD] BALLS TO DO SO.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 1,245

Seriously, you think Leatherface is op? Is it possible that you played the game for the first time yesterday?