Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

Can we get a hud toggle?

DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,881

Would like to play with just audio and visual cues as they happen. Just feeling like the hud is providing nothing game crippling and want an option to turn it off at my discretion.

Answers

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,160

The HUD is full of visual cues (survivor health states, perk activations, skill check boxes).

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Would be a cool feature to have. If you want to take a clean screenshot or video.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

theres a bug that makes that, actually , i never felt so vulnerable in this game , problem is, skillchecks and progress bars dont appear either, so i just tapped the gens

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,881

@Rydog

I get that, but I'm talking about just having the bubble cues like when a survivor is hooked or gates when gens are just finished. I don't want the health states, hex effects, or even gen count.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,160

But why? I mean, I get the idea of playing a game where you're immersed in the world -- a lot of open-world games do exactly what you're describing for that reason.

But in this game, all it would do is create a weird unintended handicap for your whole team, not just you. By design, this wouldn't really function right. Some perks would be literally useless (Spine Chill comes to mind), and you would have very little information to base sound decisions off of.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 1,881

@Rydog

I don't find it much of a handicap as I vary rarely even use the hud. I've got my timing down to know when a save is needed, if I plan to save at all. As for perks, I don't normally use anything that requires visual confirmation. For the instances when I do that's why I asked for a toggle option.