We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Leatherface fix

NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,338

No not a full on rework. As fun as that sounds, it's not the best idea considering that he's always going to have a chainsaw.

These changes all go together:

• Change Bubba's MS to 92% up from 87.5% while charging his chainsaw. This is the same as Billy
  • Bubba no longer gets stunned when hitting a non-survivor object, he just keeps going anyways. This will go through pallets but he can still be stunned if it's dropped directly on top of him.
  • Movement speed during his rampage is increased to 125%
  • Charge time is increased to 2.35 seconds (up from 2.1 seconds) for reference Billy's is 2.5 seconds. Basically beasts marks is now basekit.
  • His rampage is changed to 3 seconds flat down from 3.26. This is a mostly side grade as it means if they jump through a window you aren't punished for as long. The distance he travels is the same as now with the speed increase

Addon changes:

• Chili/Award winning Chili - Moderately/Considerably (10/15%) increase the rampage duration. No longer effects object penalty because that's not a thing. (because these add-ons do nothing now)
  • Carburettor Tuning Guide - Now ultra rare. Values increased to match new rarity: Decreases the charge time by 20%, Decreases the cool-down by 20%, Reduces the sound range by 40% (because it's the wrong rarity now and he needs ultra rares)
  • Light chassis - Now ultra rare. Slightly increase your movement speed while charging your chainsaw (up to 95%) and you may now cancel the rampage at any time. (Object penalty no longer exists and he needs a 2nd ultra rare)
  • Depth Gauge Rake - Now very rare. Decrease the rampage duration by 10%. Each time you hit a survivor with your chainsaw extend the duration by 1 second. (Same as Light chassis minus the ultra rare part)

@Yamaoka

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,338

@Yamaoka regarding the acceleration thing. I don't know enough about how it actually works to say the details, but it would be the AVERAGE speed that's definetly changing.

This ultimately would imply faster acceleration and top speed, but I do not know enough about the current acceleration curve to calculate the exact numbers on acceleration speed, top speed ect.

But whatever it is, I know that the average speed thought the rampage is currently 115% and with the Beasts Mark's addon is supposed to be 125%

The thing about going through pallets first of all doesn't actually remove them as a defense (your only cutting off 0.35 seconds) unless they drop the pallet when you are already charging, this is of course better than Billy who still stops dead even if he is charging, but Billy has a number of other important advantages.

Even with these changes he'd still lack significant map pressure that the top tiers have, however at the very least this would make him a usable Killer that is more than just an easier but weaker Billy.

Ok so I did the math and in order for the acceleration formula to roughly match the current one the formula would need to be about:

v = 0.29t^2+3.68 where t = time and v = velocity with respect to time

I fudged the numbers a bit so it's not exactly 125% over 15 meters but it's within 0.1 for both values so eh close enough.

@Yamaoka That enough for you to evaluate? Top speed would be 6.32 MS and it would reach 5 M/S in about 2.14 seconds.

@GrootDude I have a feeling you would take interest in this post if you haven't seen it already.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,722

I like your ideas, I’m curious as to what the chili add ons do though, unless I’m just reading it wrong it seems like all they do is punish you, I could’ve just read it wrong though.

Your thinking tantrum.

The time your power is in use for goes up with the addons. So it's normally 3 seconds but with Chili its 3.3 seconds.

That means you go further after each use of the power.

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 507
    edited September 14

This is one of the most detailed suggestions about bubbaboi I've ever seen, and I love it. Really, good job! I enjoyed the time I spent reading it.

But I would add 2 more changes:

1. Remove the massive slowdown LF gets after cancelling the rampage.

2. Fix the 7th swing of the rampage. It's currently bugged and it doesn't have hitbox (it doesn't do any damage to survivors).

Glad you like it <3

1. Do you mean canceling the charge? Or the slowdown at the end of the power?
    2. Technically this just removes the 7th swing entirely by shortening the duration. So problem solved?
  • GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 507
    edited September 14

1. Yeah, I meant to say when canceling the charge. It would open a wide range of possibilities to mindgame at pallets, like billy does.

2. Oh, nice. I didn't think about that, awesome then :3

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,042

I don't main bubba, but I do play him more than most killers. I like all these changes.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,242

Please create a bug which makes bubba unable to recover from tantrum but increase his movement speed a lot. I just wanna chase Survivors while in a tantrum animation. I think it'll be really scary and freaky.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 624

@ashleyatkinson

Why a bug? Why not give a Tantrum Chase addon?

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 312

Like chainsaw now takes 30 seconds to charge up but lasts for 60 seconds? That would be awesome. Especially with no collision

Imagine holding someone in a corner to instant down them.

Just 30 seconds of revving the saw but nothing actually happening.