Something's strange about the next chapter...

What would be the true form of the Entity?

End_of_SlayerEnd_of_Slayer Member Posts: 30

Title says it all, what do you believe the true form of this being would be? The manifestation that we see when it sacrifices the survivor is a form it can take, but what would it physically look like if we could comprehend what the being truly is.

side note, I think I found out what the Entity really looks like

Comments

• End_of_SlayerEnd_of_Slayer Member Posts: 30

That is true that the Entity is made up of the Auric Cells, but is it just that? The Auric Cells shouldn’t be intelligent enough to be able to form this twisted game. (Meanwhile the jokes were fantastic, this is a lore discussion)

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

It could very well be some demon, the hands on the hooks says it all.

it could be a demon, but the devs talked saying it was an ancient being, like a Great One from H.P. Lovecraft

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Yeah, that what the Entity manifests into when sacrificing the survivors. It also blocks the gens if certain perks are equipped or for end game

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 402
    edited July 22

@End_of_Slayer

I was being facetious - and you led with the 'Nea is the Entity' meme.

That said, we don't pretend our animal cells are intelligent. We don't say that sapience or intelligence are in the cells of the human being, just as we wouldn't rightly claim that malevolence and hunger are in the auric cells of The Entity herself. The auric cells are just the building blocks for her physical manipulations, which she and we shape into everything from doors to generators to medkits - they're somewhere between body and nest, being something that she sheds and is able to perceive through, but are used similar to the pulp of an insect's nest to shape an environment. The devs have already confirmed that everything you see in the trial that isn't the survivors or killers themselves is the Entity, but the idea of separating auric cells from a literal manifestation still allows this to be possible.

The Entity herself is something removed from three-dimensional space, while the auric cells are within three dimensional space. The closest we can get to seeing the 'true form' is when her claws reach through the sky or ground to pull a survivor in. From what we can tell [by specific visual effects and sounds], the Entity herself is almost entirely in the Spirit World*, allowing limited access to the Hag, Nurse, Wraith, and Spirit for their powers which bend space - listed in progressive levels of access. I'd suggest that full access is equivalent to accessing specifically the fifth dimension, as it allows one to traverse both space and time.

Auric cells themselves behave similarly to plants: able to grow and adapt quite quickly with the right stimulus, and their/her flowering with the infection of the Hallowed Blight is just further evidence. Light appears to harm things connected to the spirit world and auric cells, as evidenced by specific scoring events with flashlights. The reason flashlights stun killers is because The Entity herself is looking through their eyes. The tutorial and lore about generators also indicates this vulnerability to light.

In total, the being of The Entity is similar in physical structure to a malleable combination of fungal growths (similar in scope to Armillaria ostoyae) comprised primarily of auric cells. These cells are produced and controlled by a being without a distinct physical form mostly bounded within the Spirit World, who seems most capable of reaching across dimensional boundaries during periods of extreme emotion - not just hope, but hope serves as the best nutrition. Whatever shape it has is one of five dimensions, and thus not something we could easily comprehend except through the approximations given by the claws we see - keeping in mind that these are auric constructs, and the swirling portals and orange lights are probably closer to literal examples of Her form.

*separate but connected to the Dream World, Void, The Trials/Campfire, and tenuously connected to the Real World.

Honestly, if we were gonna drag the Cthulhu mythos into this, I'd be leaning more toward forms like Yog-Sothoth or Azathoth than Shub-Niggurath or Cthulhu himself. If we're looking to be more grounded in our real world: I'd guess the trials are hallucinations as a vast fungus digests people, like Field Trip from The X-Files or something similar.

Post edited by ElusivePukka on

I agree with a lot of those statements. The Entity is the whole trial, and the devs stated that the basement is the closest point to the Entity because the trials are like a flower, it blooms upwards. Which would explain the cracking you hear when you enter the basement, it’s the same cracking that we hear from the Entity when it manifests itself to block a gen or window, or when sacrificing.

Another thing is the whispers, it can speak, the words seem to be only understood by pure madness. Hence why the killers can hear it, and the survivors can only hear it while in tier 3 madness

• NerfItNowNerfItNow Member Posts: 5

I always thought the true form is that it'd be like the Mind Flayer (The Stranger Things 3 version)

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

Cosmic horror is something our minds can't exactly fathom, it is the fear of the unknown that is what frightens us, we think we want to know but at the same time do we really? i also wonder what the true form of this malevolent being is. However, at the same time, this very thing could make me go insane if i even think about looking at it while it is in it's true form.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 364

I imagine it would be similar to Dogora

One thing I've always found funny is that despite these super beings like the entity being so advanced and above time and space, they've essentially just become super parasites, parasites being one of the lowest and primitive orders of life

• TrueKn1ghtmar3TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 997

The true form of the entity