The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Game Closes Randomly With No Crash Report Popup

IroncamIroncam Member Posts: 2

My game will just close at any time for no reason. it happens:

In lobby, in game, while searching for a game, tabbed in, tabbed out, in public games, in private games, sometimes its in the first 10 mins sometimes i can play 4-5 games before it closes but it will just close randomly.

I've tried validating local files multiple times, I've reinstalled multiple times on different storage devices, I've changed my graphics settings around from low to ultra, and it will still just close randomly

PC Specs:

Windows 10

Intel i7-8700K

16GB ram

GTX 1060 graphics card

250GB SSD and 2TB HDD

Comments

• MPUKMPUK Member Posts: 17

I have this exact same problem and it only seemed to start around the time of the PTB for Freddy rework.

It is generally the first game I play of the day will cause a crash part way through the game, which can look like you rage quit if you are mid chase and they are doing a good job of it.

I get no error or anything, the game window just vanishes. After that first time the game will be fine for the rest of the time I am playing. Very odd that it just turned up.

• EarelandEareland Member Posts: 4
    edited August 1

I have this same problem too. It started few or 2 days ago. Or that's at least when it happened for the first time. This is very annoying and serious issue taking note it can happen ANYTIME. It just recently happened at the start of the match (disappointing for me and for others, right?), it happened during mid match and today earlier it happened in lobby when I turned my head away and came back at the monitor, game was closed. No Crash Report popup, just closed game like it never was launched.

I just recently went back to Windows 10 build 1803 just to see if it's the problem with the build. I'll inform if it makes difference at all.

But if anyone knows what is going on, please tell us.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 1400

GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

8 GB RAM

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 965

You all clearly have the specs to run the game. Are video card drivers up to date?

Yes they are up-to-date, I've been playing this game a lot back then and this just started to happen suddenly so doubt it's problem with the specs. Nothing has really changed for my part. I haven't done any modification on my PC, nothing at all.

That's fine. Just need to check the obvious stuff. :)

I'd submit a ticket with the log file at https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us just because I can't see anything obviously wrong, your specs are absolutely fine for the game and you already updated drivers.

They might be able to do some more in-depth troubleshooting.

Let's see if this happens again. After I downgraded my Windows 10 build to 1803 from 1903 game haven't been closing suddenly so far. If it does, I'll inform about it.

Huh. That's interesting to know. I don't think I've updated my PC's yet, so thank you for the heads up.

• JonnykivJonnykiv Member Posts: 5

1903 has been known to be causing a lot of issues in all manner of applications and games.

Also when you say randomly close, does it crash to desktop or restart your PC completely, as I also had the same issue and mine was due to a faulty GPU (luckily I work for a hardware company) so had an easy swap out.

• IroncamIroncam Member Posts: 2

The game would just close as if i closed a webpage just ends with no crash report no lag or anything. sometimes i wouldnt even notice it had closed because I was tabbed out searching for a game for example

• JonnykivJonnykiv Member Posts: 5

Have you checked under 'View Reliability' to see if this is a warning or critical error? Let me know what it comes back as.