Something's strange about the next chapter...

When Dead By Daylight gets voice chat

HorusHorus Member Posts: 580

You guys all know that toxicity will rise alot right?

Comments

• Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

The voice chat reminded me of this video so much XD

Iamcows is underrated, though people dislike him unfortunately.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 364
    edited July 30

I'm legit telling yall that if they add voice chat, I'm buying the Trapper cosmetic that gives him a hammer decal and playing

For at least the first match(s). 😋

I will do it

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 385

100% agree, Look at any game that has it, sure they get banned but man it's gonna suck being red rank killer even more.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,124

I hope DbD never implements VOIP but I know that my voice doesn't matter, thanks to knowing leak from datamining suggesting that a VOIP feature is in development.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 753
    edited July 30

@BlueFang That would be great honestly. I mean yeah some people could be toxic but there'd be a way to mute it so I don't see a problem with it. Also there's potential for more hilarity like what you just mentioned. It'd also close the gap between SWF and solo players, while making discord less reliable against the killer.

• prettyfprettyf Member Posts: 305

this is not even worst i can imagine

if voice chat in this game there will only swear from 12years olds

especially between survivors

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 580
  • HorusHorus Member Posts: 580

Yeah im pretty sure survs would yell at each other more than at the killer

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 480

Just imagine you could fully get into character! It would be awesome.

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 417

How will killers get their 4k then? Think of the poor killers

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 364

I have a feeling it'll probably be between survivors only if it does come in. Which honestly I think is fair because maybe it'll make solo queues more bearable

Hopefully they at least buff M1 killers before they do it otherwise it will become much, MUCH, harder to play any killer with low mobility as the power of voice chat is worth more then an entire deck of 4 aura perks

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,032
    edited July 30

I don’t think I’d ever opt in if it does become a thing (hopefully it’s optional), I don’t want to hear teammates blaming/screaming at me as a survivor for every action and I don’t think I want people to hear what I say sometimes while playing killer be it mistakenly taken as creepy/into the moment (as my friend comments when we chat while we’re both playing killer) or just generally not happy with an event that has occurred usually heard in the form of general noises of exasperation.😰

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 400

Should be fine as long as we get the option to mute players.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,133

Oh this video was the best!

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 753
    edited July 30

@Kiskashi Do you say "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!"?

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,052
    edited July 30

Lmaooo, I'd actually enjoy playing solo if VOIP was gonna be anywhere near this entertaining.

On a serious note, this is more of a reason to add it. Any form of communication can be abused, but it only adds more variety and potential fun to what we already have.

• KiskashiKiskashi Member Posts: 1,032
  • MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 716

Adding voice chat to the game is the only to achieve proper balance

Obviously survivors will have to be nerfed massively when it comes out

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,170

I dont think that having a VC that the killer can participate in will work. Or have any other restriction like range.

Survivors will only use it to grief the killer or non-swf-players while still using external means for "just chatting with friends" or strategy

• PiwattePiwatte Member Posts: 46

5 people speaking 5 different languages = hell

• smappdoodasmappdooda Member Posts: 62

I'm confused. Was that video FOR or AGAINST VC?

Seriously tho', I played F13 and we had a lot of fun messing with each other and taunting one another on there.

Mind you that community was not... the same as this one...

• GoddamnBananasGoddamnBananas Member Posts: 9

Calm down y'all. There's no way they'd implement this without either making it optional to opt in, or without giving you the option to leave the match chat, should you so desire. Besides, this could be healthier for the game long term. The more communication solo players can have, the smaller the gap between them and swf's will be, which means the game can be balanced accordingly.

• AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 471

as long as they add a mute function it will be fine.

otherwise people being toxic while in game will just find themselves getting steamrolled.