Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why Pallets?

2»

Comments

• Nick_WildeNick_Wilde Member Posts: 20

I like the idea of being stunned by knowledge. Maybe some killers would learn that they doesnt have to camp or tunnel to win :P

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Still, the Entity is a very sloppy interior designer.

• FredKruegerFredKrueger Member Posts: 265

I would like the ability to break pallets when there standing up also. Would slow down a lot of loops... I mean, it's like "Hey, there's a pallet there, I know there gonna use it against me, but let's just leave it there until I get it slammed on my head"...

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

Im also working with pallets in real life and campers. Pretty silly but it's true and yea pallets are pretty heavy but I think when you get chased from a person who wants to murder you youve got the adrenaline to drop them easily. And maybe they are resistent enough to hurt a killer for a moment. So i think it's legit

• ThasardThasard Member Posts: 267

If this game actually adapted to add something like a door you can close and break down in lieu of pallets, say in Haddonfield, that would be a really cool update.

• EninyaEninya Member Posts: 1,257

Now we need a library map, for sure. Maybe one day they'll do map-specific equivalents for pallets, such as a derelict statuettes, or a piece of piping.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

I wouldn't count on that (the pallet bit, not the library part). Generally we try to keep things consistent throughout the game. Imagine being a new player and trying to remember what the pallet looks like on each map. On one map it's a pallet, on another it's a bookshelf, on a third it's a stack of boxes, etc. It would be very confusing for something that you need to be able to recognize instantly.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,040

Superman 64 taught me to be scared of pallets because they are apparently highly explosive.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,594

Agreed. Even simple pallet recolors based on the map should definitely be in the game. Hooks change depending on the map, why not lockers and pallets?

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,824

I think that's vastly underestimating the intelligence of people. SO MANY games have elements that change based on maps, and nobody struggles with them. As long as they're the same basic shape.

Hell, you never see people going "hmm, I downed a survivor, but that hook is made from a lamp post, not wood, so it couldn't be a hook."

On the topic of the discussion, pallets vary. I work in a factory and depending on what we use them for, some can almost be a 2-man lift, where others could be carried easily with one hand. That said there'd never be a balance that would allow a scrawny nerd like Claudette to drop them in a chase where an 8 foot muscle-bound Trapper couldn't just kick it out of the way mid-stride.

• AvarikuAvariku Member Posts: 608

I would absolutely love map specific defenses... and sorry, but I'm not buying the whole "new people would have issues with it" reasoning.

how many new people are getting demolished by 16-20 rank killers who camp and tunnel and they don't know to gen-rush cause they're new??

its just stuff you have to learn as you play.

• GroxiverdeGroxiverde Member Posts: 767

Come on Peanits, people is not that stupid as you think... Survivors just have to use 2 things to survive: Windows and Pallets. And do you really think they are not going to realize what is a pallet or not? LMAO, it's just a texture change. It would be a very interesting addition to the game imo

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,920
  • PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Then lets look at maps like Yamaoka Estate or Swamp. They have walls or logs that are difficult to identify as vaulting spots on the go.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You all heard it here first. Library map is 100% confirmed!

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@TAG When you have to save your friends but need to fly through thousands of rings first.

• invira_zeroinvira_zero Member Posts: 230

@Maelstrom10 , yeah, that those things are quite heavy. I carried about 15 of them while i was working at the storehouse. Cant say, that they aren't tall everywhere, but in my case - they were about 150cm height, while i am about 172cm.Also they were quite heavy, about 50kg. I dunno from which wood they were done, tbh

• jzinskyjzinsky Member Posts: 112

For the immersion argument, a fat middle aged guy like me would be slowed down by a second while I shove the pallet down and step over it. In reality a pallet is an awful obstacle for a serial killer

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 862

you actually suggested great pallet variations that id like to see in-game as an alternative, like remove some pallets and put something else instead

• JdsgamesJdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019

Although, I like the thought of being consistent. However, to some extent you have the tutorial section for survivors and killers. You can simply show them all off? Like it doesn't always have to cater to new players. I didn't know how to run certain loop sets when I started. I mean maybe the loops should have green and red arrows to show them where to go to get the maximum effect. From my perspective personally I think this mentality of catering to new players is seriously killing the creative and authentic artistic design of the game. Not to be rude: SWF doesn't always cater to new players when they get 3 R20s and an R1 or vise versa. Which is why people complain they got tunneled out they made noob mistakes against a killer and got wiped out.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I'm really happy I made this thread lol

Pallet variations would add variety into this game and it is a fact that variety is the spice of life and if we keep seeing the same old thing over and over again it gets boring and stale, like leveling up a Killer to P3 level 50 and still not get any decent perks.

Pallet variations would be awesome, Pallets on Mac Millan, car parts on Autohaven, logs for Red Forest, school desks on Springwood, tables? on Haddonfield, and I am kind of at a loss for the other maps.

Also a Library map would be REALLY COOL :D I love indoor maps

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

When you think about it, it doesn't make sense to not make it more in line with the map's character.

But the thing they have to worry about is 2 things: Doctor and Freddy can make fake pallets. Maybe they don't want to mess with that.