Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Doctor 2nd strongest facecamper (exploit?)

DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

With Leatherface beeing the strongest facecamper in the game, Doctor takes the 2nd place for beeing the strongest facecamper.

Why? Because when he goes into treatment mode he can easily grab people trying to unhook. Even when the survivor just tries to quickly fake the unhook, u can grab with ez.

Now devs, my question is: is this an exploit or intentionally designed like that?

In case it is an exploit, well move this post to the bug section area and fix that please.

In case it's intentional I would like to know what exactly you thought about that mechanic and why you think this is good game design.

@Peanits mentioning you because you are Peanits lol

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

Do you have a video? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You're saying Doc in treatment can somehow grab a survivor that only tapped the button?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,573

If it's an exploit, they sure are hella late in fixing it, as that's possible since day 1.

And since it'd be an exploit negatively affecting 80% of the players every match, i can't imagine them skipping over it.

I bet actual money it's not an exploit.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592

This has ALWAYS been a part of doctor. Been a thing he has had for years so it is intended.

Maybe when they review doc in the future they'll change it?

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227
    edited July 2019

@Boss Yea this seems like BS to me. Yet another reason Doc needs a rework.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

This is already in the game when doctor actually got released and I used that strat sometimes. But yes, it shouldn't be possible because it's far too easy to grab an unhooker.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Well if it gets fixed (which it probably should even when it doesn't work always) doc will be even worse so I hope that is taken into consideration.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,267

People DC when you're doing great regardless of killer choice because they feel entitled to win?

No way!

That's not to say that killers don't do this, too, because they totally do.

There are way too many trash bags that play this game and stink up the community.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

@BlueFang Pretty sure it has nothing to do with this person running into alot of facecamping Docs doing this and more a thing of Doc being so uncommon that he didnt know it was possible until recently.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,461
    edited July 2019

He was chasing another Survivor and they made a mistake, so he grabbed them. The other Survivors can still get an unhook or heal up the slugged Survivor, so Doctor can’t just camp and get a 4k. This is fine and should stay in the game. It doesn’t need to be removed and he doesn’t need to be reworked. If you see him near the hook in Treatment mode, then just don’t unhook.

• OmegaBlinksOmegaBlinks Member Posts: 1

Depending on the situation, the addons, and perks, any killer has the potential to be uncounterable at camping.

Bodyblocking Hag.

Infinite T3 Myers.

Ghostface in general.

But I tend to agree that Doc is the 2nd best camper with base kit only. His static shock disables the ability to unhook as long as you don't use range addons. Been playing him for a good while and I have yet to find something as funny as a group of hook divers get completely walled by shock spam as they try to unhook. Between that and grab spam, he should always win the hook grab.

• BrylBryl Member Posts: 3

The only reason this is just now brought up is because Otz put it in a video, Doc being able to grab in treatment hasn't been game breaking for over 2 years, no reason it will start to. He will never be stronger at face camping than actually playing the game normally, you've taken a 2 second interaction and made it out to be an unstoppable strategy that has no counterplay. If used for face camping it can be countered the same way you counter face campers, by going and doing a generator, if it's used in a chase, stop trying to sandbag your teammates and go for a safe unhook or run the killer away from the hook so someone else can get the save.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,869

Or you could you know just not try to hook save right in front of a doctor.

If they camping just do gens and if it's endgame camping leave.

The same way it sometimes it's better to let bubba have the kill

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 792

Here we go again, new survivor has trouble with a low tier character and begs BHVR to nerf said weak killer. Nice job guys.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,718

Why do people automatically assume getting rid of mechanics that encourage camping is a nerf to the killer? If you weren't camping you wouldn't ever experience the change. This mechanic IS the equivalent of what hatch standoff used to be, except now its hook standoff.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,911

This always been a part of him. I thought you meant to shock when someone tried to unhook the person.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Why are you trying to unhook someone being face camped in the first place? Shouldnt you be spending your time better?

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,377
    edited July 2019

While we're talking about grabs

Can we please fix the buggy and dodgy grab detection? Too many times have I stood completely still, too many times have I seen the grab animation go only for it to result in a normal hit, if I had a dollar for every time it's happened I could rebuy the game and maybe a paragraph DLC too

It's not even a 50/50 chance it's more like 20% chance of actually working

• jzinskyjzinsky Member Posts: 112

This. If I'm on the hook being camped you'd better have 2 gens done before I die

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,989

just go treatment and spam the shock. when you have no electrode add on / the brown one, you can shock them so fast that they will never get the unhook.

the grabs dont even work 75% of the time. when i try that, my doc usually spawns a 3rd arm and hits the survivor with his bat instead of grabbing them, allowing both to get away.