Doctor is kinda like old Freddy...
This is just my opinion but I have no fun versing doctor and he is weak. I have come up with some ideas as to how to fix him. He is not strong/viable in any way without specific addons. He is annoying to play as and annoying to play against.
WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS?
• Doctor was given the ability to stop survivors from vaulting by shocking them, however this hardly works and it is very easy for survivors to continue due to his slow movement while shocking. He usually will shock them most of the time due to the huge area of effect that the electricity has. Insanity is annoying because if you are at level 3 of madness and snap out of it, you will inevitably suffer the effects because you go down to 2 instead of just going back to 0.
HOW TO FIX THIS?
- Make the shock shoot into a thinner longer line, like the addon but not as thin.
- Doctor will maintain his base speed even whilst shocking.
- Whenever a survivor is shocked, they will not be able to vault for 3 seconds.
- Doctors hallucinations only show up at level 3.
- Snapping out of it takes you from 3 to 0 (no madness).
- Pallet hallucinations will always show up.
- There would no longer be annoying skillchecks.
- Snapping out of it will take 25) seconds
- While snapping out at lvl 3 madness, no hallucinations would show up.
- Snapping out has normal skillchecks
- You may work on generators at lvl 3 madness
EXTRA SPICE ADDED TO FURTHER COMPLETE THE NEW DOCTOR CHANGES:
•Doctor is given a new ability called "Mind Control"
• Whenever doctor uses mind control, he can teleport into his hallucinations, scaring the poop out of survivors.
EXPLANATION ON HOW HE WOULD PLAY AND WHY THESE CHANGES...
- Playing as Doctor: Landing the shock is now harder to hit and gives a better reward if you land it.
- Missing a hit will not slow you so you can get the hit off if you land the shock.
- New survivors will not suffer the effects of the "difficult" skillchecks and Rank 1 wont have to deal with them because theyre just annoying and dont even slow the game.
- Since it takes a longer time (25) seconds to snap out, survivors will either
• A) be hesitant /choose to ignore snapping out due to the long time it takes and suffer the consequences by giving the doctor the ability to teleport to their hallucinations for map pressure and a huge advantage.
• B) Snap out of it which would mean you have to sit there for 25 seconds and not be working on a gen which would slow the game.
Its a classic Pick Your Poison like plague has, choose to stay injured and not give her damaging vomit or give her damaging vomit but stay healthy. Theres an example from the game to show it is possible and it could work.
IN CONCLUSION: These changes would give Doctor some viability, increased amount of skill to play him, and be overall less annoying for survivors to verse. He himself would just be alot more fun to play. Imagine you teleport to someones hallucination and scare the SH*T OUT OF EM! SO FUN TO THINK ABOUT.
Everyone. Lets discuss. If you like my ideas, Like the discussion. If not, dislike and tell me why you disagree with my changes <3