Something's strange about the next chapter...

Doctor is kinda like old Freddy...

Comments

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 758
    edited July 31

@WickedMilk03 It's quite similar to Hag, because the illusions appear usually right in front of the person. Saying you have control over whether to "give him his power or not" is not really true, unless you got away from him, and SOMEHOW no illusions spawned before you tried snapping out of it. They last quite a while as well. Snapping out as the generator was almost finished would be smarter because he very likely COULD have NOED, not to mention that gives him a better view of you going to the exit gates allowing him to prevent it. But again, it could spawn before you started snapping out of it. And ALSO again, he could use this in a chase. The fact that he could go crossmap is ONE of the reasons it's even better than Hag's ability. Not to mention he has all the other extra stuff on top of this teleport you're trying to give him. Hag has ONE thing, and that's teleporting, and she can only do it if survivors let her, and it can be cancelled with flashlights. You're giving the Doctor a teleport that appears without the doctor having to do anything other than what he should already be doing(chasing survivors) and removing the slow while using his shock therapy to make him a faster fire and forget Hag. He might not have as much control over where it spawns, but he'll likely get hits much easier due to the fact that it always spawns in front of the survivor, and he's faster. This is NOT a non-lethal power, and it definitely would create no reason to use Hag outside of being able to place your traps where you want, but even then, as the Doctor, you'd wanna be where survivors were, and if one got away you could easily just track him with your new shiny teleport. Again, not every killer needs a teleport.

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 175

Its just not hag at all. Hag can consistently place traps all over the place and bounce from trap to trap guarding them at the best spots so they cant be looped long. As doctor due to randomness, yes you will see the survivor, yes you will more than likely be able to loop him from where he spawns and you'll have a sec to think "where do I go?" Hallucinations are not spawning in every second, its like every 10 seconds. That gives you around 10 seconds to start snapping out yes? So if we also take in consideration that if the killer is already in a chase then they will not tp to the hallucination unless they know its the injured one. If you get into a chase while you have hallucinations going then there are lots of mindgames to be made.

• lookinglooking Member Posts: 36

I fully support the idea of a snake sound 222 posts: 1,387 and is strictly against your idea of the wicked milk 03 posts: 145

Most likely you play more for the Survivor and do not know the doctor.

I don't like the idea of teleportation at all. I play the doctor, and he's my favorite killer. It is quite strong, but depends on improvements. You just don't know how to play it. Need to know time. But it certainly needs changes, its main drawback is the processing speed and the charge rate of shock. And Yes, of course, the impact is very small, add 25 %. The charge time of the electrode changes. To remove madness from 0??? You really don't know how to play it. This is the main thing that makes a doctor a doctor. Never. Madness 2 should remain always. And it is not necessary to multiply the teleporting assassins. You want to make them all the same. I do not know English , sorry I wrote through a translator.

I actually mainly play killer. I have 2160 hours in the game. I have played as doctor and do not enjoy him. With addons his shock can be useful but otherwise its very easy to counter. Clown, for example, can throw the gas at you but youre most likely to get to the pallet regardless. Same thing. That part is fixed. I also find him annoying to verse as a survivor whenever i play survivor so I got rid of the annoying bits and made it into a "pick your poison" type ability + making his default ability stronger. Your english was fine mate <3 Also Ive been arguing w that dude up there for a bit on why it would work if you wanna go through all that. Also keep in mind he is very difficult for lower rank survivors because of the hard skillchecks, and misunderstanding of how his abilities work. whereas high ranks know exactly how to get around all his abilities.

My changes make him more fun and less frustrating to play as and to play against.

The doctor doesn't need your ideas. It's quite good, and I played them on the red grades without problems by doing -4 and - 3 to change the rank system. But the fact that survey do the DS and just die on the hooks. In addition, now I have little time I can afford no more than 4 matches because it is a very long search for the lobby. Repeat once more. He has three problems - long charging electrode, a small radius of impact without improvements, and the frequent inconsistency of the strike and the behavior of survivors. But I'm waiting for dedicated servers and maybe this problem will go away.And illusion should have a red glow like the doctor himself if it is really in order to frighten the survivors. It is useless to improve a horse. It is high time to remake or remove it altogether. I have 859 of them. Don't make all murderers into Witches. The doctor only needs a little polishing. And it requires a lot of experience playing it.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 103

He is talking about Doctor's movement WHEN charging Carter's Spark. In case you didn't know, Doctor moves at 77%(3.08 m/s), So he loses 33%(38%) movement speed when using his ability at loops. For high-level doctor players, Doctor treatment movement speed and switch mode speed is kind of irrelevant because you can switch modes while walking and you only change modes to do a single shock, then you go back to punishment mode. He's suggesting to buff 77% movement to 105% movement. If that change was implemented, it would improve him a lot and it would make very fluid to play instead of clunky killer he is now. Hopefully the add-on rework improves doctor a bit as he is very underwhelming to face.

Illusions aren't useless, they're great tracking tools, and they improve killer's ability to juggle multiple survivors. His afflictions need no change. Low-rank survivors hate doctor because they suck at looping and skill-checks, though I have no clue why would you balance the game for players who aren't good at the game. They'd lose to killers who have no power anyway and killers they face don't know how to use killers powers effectively either.

The game should never focus on low-rank survivors. It won't give her any progress. Survivors must learn. The killer must be strong in high ranks. Maybe the Doctor isn't your killer. He's the best for me. Even my Spirit is worse. If I see a SWF I take the Doctor. And the corresponding build. Believe the Doctor as is original and good and only a little it should be corrected. You want to say that the nurse and Billy is not scary for the survivors of low grade??? For me, Billy's worst killer. I almost never get away from him . And 80 % I run away from the Doctor earning almost always 2 drops. Simply very difficult in the game.

The speed of the Doctor in the treatment is small. She could have changed. But it was not too hard for the survivors it is necessary to Change the speed in the treatment or make the instant charging of electric shock. Survivors look back and see how I'm trying to get an electric shock. They just have time to maneuver. I mean smart survivors. I don't like the idea of changing the radius of impact. Even taking a beam of 20 meters which is quite wide - hit them one and get pretty hard. So I think it is also useless to improve as well as a second tape - it's all garbage. The survivors twist, turn, and avoid the blow. The radius of the stroke should remain unchanged. As well as madness. And I just don't want to see all the killers teleporting. And Yes, without the radius of the electrode is very small. Very. slightly increase it.

• VlčiskoVlčisko Member Posts: 56

I don't want another killer with teleport ability, I want something original, we already have 3 killers that can teleport. (Not counting Spirit)

Regardless of how good you play him, he just isnt viable. His shocks are basically useless.

Even if someone was really good at freddy before rework, he was still annoying to play against yes? Its not that this would nerf him for low ranks, it would actually buff him in all ranks and make him less annoying in all ranks.

Yes the hallucinations are good trackers but theyd be alot better if you could teleport to them considering he has little map pressure, and the game as a whole isnt that scary AND hos madness works as a tracker by default

Well sadly thats what needs to be done since the game is poorly balanced. Some maps are huge vs others and killers have alot of weight on their shoulders. If objectives werent so quick and if maps werent so huge, screw the teleport, but at the same time this is in a unique way. Its like something out of a horror movie. It would be scary to think something is fake and have it pop up and wack you. Thats the interesting part. Also if you play it right, the doc shouldnt hardly be able to use it but instead it would help slow the game by forcing survivors to sit through a 25 second timer

I don't like the new Freddy. Yes, he's strong, but he doesn't trust the red ranks. Wait a bit and it will again become something very average. Old Freddie was original, he was unique and it also had a little bit to alter, adjust. The only good thing about the new Freddy is the pallets. But trust me smart survivors rarely get into their bait. That now gives dream ? It's almost Legion strength. It doesn't slow down like before. Traps too - I didn't notice much slowing down of the survivors. Clown slows much stronger. I do not deny that doctor needs to be polished. But your suggestions are not very good because you don't know it well.

Its pretty easy to land actually. What mine does is make it harder to hit but 10x more rewarding and doesnt punish for missed hits. You can continue to go around and will eventually catch up like usual except you can end that chase quicker by trying to get them w shock at the same time.

With the teleport thing. It shouldnt be much of a problem, you can choose to snap out or not since you can work on gens at level 3 regardless. So if u snap out you wont need to worry about hallucinations. Also the game needs to be scarier. That would scare me if the hallucination came to life

Yes, the cards are very large and when I get Ormond or Temple of purification - it's terrible. May need to stop releasing murderers and to deal with alteration cards. After the last update, they are terrible. I counted 18 pallets on Ormond and 18 on the Game. These maps are heavy for foot killers. And Yes for the Doctor because to embrace the madness there's a heavy task.

New freddy should have a reduction on gen speeds by default when asleep i think. Also dream snares are underwhelming. At the same time most killers are underwhelming. My doctor is not underwhelming bc he can stop a loop, and can either gain map pressure or slow the game and its the survivors choice whether they give him one or the other. Similar to plagues broken forever or damaging vomit.

No, no, and again no. The madness must remain as it is. Repair on 3 stage. NEVER. Quick repair of generators and so there. Madness must remain as it is. That makes the Doctor a Doctor . Teleportation won't do anything. You will not frighten anybody in this game except for the 20 grades.

fearing change is a trait most have. I have explained how this would work multiple times. It would BUFF doctor and make him overall less annoying. How do you not like that? Fair for everyone whilst stronger.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 2,412

"It's only absurd if you're bad" lol that literally makes zero sense. You cannot prevent yourself from going into madness 3 if you're in a constant static field. It's really not THAT slow. You'd scream and then have to snap out of it every minute or so. Goodbye stealth completely. If you run it's even faster. It sounds like an absolutely miserable experience to play against an add on like this and it's pretty obvious the devs would never introduce something so unfun with zero counters.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,088

Just like with old Freddy, it seems the main problem is with you not knowing how to play the Doctor. He is definitely NOT weak and this is coming from a Doctor main who mastered him even before he got his Doctor Cube.

Yes, he could use some QoL buffs, like more default range in his shock (yellow Electrode-level at least) and maybe some buffs to his Add-ons, but I quite disagree with most of your proposed changes, except for the idea to teleport to his Hallucinations (which could be his second ultra rare).

• JagoJago Member Posts: 440

Yes to the teleport on hallucination <3

Lets bring nurse style on every killer so Sally can be peaceful a little bit.

I wouldnt want an addon to be the only thing making him viable, it sounds like a fun ability. Its no new news that shocking at loops is very difficult without addons... That is why I thought of this bullshoe. The problems with freddy were: annoying to play as and against, and misunderstanding of his abilities from newer or inconsistent players. Freddy's ability was boring asf.

To me Doctor has those same problems. He really isnt viable. Now I form my own opinions but Im sure if you were to watch any tier list ever, doc wouldnt be high, simply because his ability just doesnt work w out addons and his ability to slow the game is weak as hell in high ranks because everyone knows how to do skillchecks.

Explain to me how you think it wont work or wont be fun and we'll go back and forth. Have an open mind please :)

Sally?

Also if this is sarcastic I will explain myself by saying 1) survivors would basically choose whether they let doc tp or not do gens for 25 seconds. 2) some maps are just huge and we need killers who can get around so the game is more balanced :)

Oh sorry i never read her lore and only played her back in the day lol

Well to me, the Doctor does not have those problems, neither had Freddy. It has always been a question of whether or not you've mastered them and what I'm reading here is that you did with neither.

And I never gave a damn about Tier lists, they are never objective.

I specifically watch true talent, the god of the game and he agrees that using treatment to prevent vaulting is basically useless or very difficult without using addons. Mastering him would still only give him the slightest advantage. You cant consistently use the power. In order to master him you would need to get good at knowing when to use it. That means you cant use it forever right? youd be being looped a majority of the time and if not its kind of the survivors mistake instead of your skill. Thats the problem I want to fix. Its also not that freddy wasnt good or bad, its just that he was annoying for literally everyone. Now doctor isnt nearly as annoying but I know noobs will certainly have frustrations and as rank one, its not that I cant outplay him, its that hes just this basic killer but annoying. I enjoy a chase from every killer except for doctor and billy. Billy because he requires hardly any skill to be top tier. Kinda annoying ngl :)

Anyways point is: I wanna buff docs base ability and take out the frustrations he has + give him some necessary map pressure because many of the maps are huge. Similar to how they did freddy.

I don't care what Tru3 has to say in that matter, he's neither the god of the game nor the best player of it. His opinion is not worth more than the opinion of others.

As far as I'm concerned, as an original, longtime Doctor main, he does not need changes besides some simple QoL stuff. Stuff not even our devs can [BAD WORD] up, which they tend to do too often with their reworks.

• Lightsaber09Lightsaber09 Member Posts: 24
    edited August 1

I get 4 k's with Doctor constantly

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,409

doc certainly has a high skillcap.

he can be very strong, he can also be very weak.

it depends on your add on choices and playstyle, honestly.