Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Disable BLOODLUST on preschool maps

DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

The looping tiles are nearly all mindgameable now and it's good and fun. However, bloodlust is kinda killing it. I want bloodlust disabled only on these maps so we can see how it actually is.

Comments

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

I feel like Bloodlust will no longer be a thing... eventually. It's a bandaid fix anyway, the mechanic itself is already weird and "rewards failure" but it's a necessity in some maps.

They'll need to rework all maps first. Removing it on only one map is weird design and probably something they won't do, but I get the frustration. Bloodlust does ruin those maps.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Tbh I don't think the can do it as now, due to spaghetti code. If they'll disable bloodlust they'll do it once and for all.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 656

It would take waaaay to long till all maps are reworked like preschool. And yeah I know, it was a band-aid fix and was not originaly planned to be a thing.

Well I'm not an expert but I think no matter how much spaghetti your code is, this would be just a simple if-else line and shouldnt break anything. Shouldn't is the keyword here tho. At least we should try that in a PTB

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Absolutely not. You should be able to break a chase on the preschool map without bloodlust ever activating. The killer might not have lost you, but the chase requirment for bloodlust drops easily. What are you doing? Are you camping palletes, or something? Lol.

• FishFry247FishFry247 Member Posts: 695

Jesus legit you only cry about trying to nerf killers. Have you ever hit rank one killer for more than a couple seasons? I only see you cry about how killers are way to strong lol

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I am not gonna ask the developers of the spaghetti mess of coding that's Dead by Daylight to try and disable a feature for a specific map. Its like inviting chaos over for dinner, only for them to spill their food plate over you.

Rather, keep Bloodlust enabled until all other maps have been fixed.. then you can remove that damnable band-aid solution.

• ZacKdbdZacKdbd Member Posts: 99

You expect to have every pallet be a non safe pallet? Just to walk around it in a second? Lol. The map is fine.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113
    edited August 2019

I mean, he's right. Because of Bloodlust, bad killers can now get easier, undeserved downs. The map itself is awesome, and the loops are too. But Bloodlust is just horrendous on it.

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited August 2019

Im sure they would disable bl in preschool if their coding would let them.

edited August 2019

I just hope never thought about that and consider that now.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,297

no? I expect every pallet to have some risk for survivor, not to be a giant safe zone. That's the whole reason they are reworking maps in first place. The comment makes think that you don't understand difference between unsafe pallet and a fair loop. The loops that the killer doesn't need to break pallet are poor design for survivor because the survivor is guaranteed to lose health state which defeats entire purpose of pallets. Loops that have a mind game allow both to have equal opportunity to make a good play. There's zero reason to remove BloodLust as long god windows and zero mind game loops exist in the map.

• UltraBananaUltraBanana Member Posts: 100

To get off bloodlust 2-3 is 30 or 45 seconds; that is more than a gen worth if the other survivors are actually good and rushing gens like they should be. So your strategy is to lose a gen per hit if you are not playing one of the OP killers?

• NickNick Member Posts: 831

Just wait for all maps to be balanced like that. I mean, theres 4 more Haddonfield maps coming, lets wait and see.

Survivors are given 3 lives. They can end the game in 5~ minutes if it is taking a killer to get to bloodlust 2-3 to get hits; straight through ruin at high ranks (if they don't just spawn on it!). The new preschool maps have so many pallets it blows my mind and reminds me of the old autohaven maps before they finally got nerfed. Only the stronger killers can really deal with a full red rank lobby on those maps and they are easily some of the maps I lose the most on beyond haddofun.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 1,037

Again, we aren't talking about how hard or easy it is to win. We're talking about how the individual survivors feel robbed because they have no options if the killer chooses to play that way.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,025

Break line of sight and hide to end bloodlust

If you are not doing that you are not making skilled plays and deserve to get run over by the killer making unskilled plays by getting bloodlust up to 2 or even 3

Healthy survivors can also take a hit for you to end bloodlust. It's a team game, if you don't work together you get slapped

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,025
    edited August 2019

This argument is Spirit with Prayer Beads tier

Please stop destroying me with your superior argumentation skills

Post edited by MandyTalk on

It doesn't matter. If a survivor loops the killer for 2-3+ gens they basically won the game for the team themselves. It is very cheap (bloodpoint wise) to play a survivor, compared to a killer where you need to burn good add-ons regularly if you want to win (unless you are playing S-A tier killers like nurse). A survivor can use the same item for many games if they are being effective. I looped a legion for 5 gens a while back, got facecamped to death, and know it was basically a win because all the other 3 survivors escaped. It is not a 1v1 game.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2019

if they just changed rng and the terrible buildings creating god loops we wouldn't need bloodlust but right now we got L T walls into killer shack and jungle gyms into jungle gyms or cow loop. Knowing how buggy this game can be if they disabled blood lust on bedham it'd probably bug out and be disabled on other maps like bloodlodge or thompson's house. Just from what I've seen when they patch things something else always seems to break.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,745

To be honest, when a Killer is chasing a Survivor for 2-3 Gens on the new Badham Preschool Loops, the Killer is clearly bad.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943

you also forgot to say survivors can pip and die while killers can 4k and black pip and if he is tunneling 1 survivor all game, he isn't gonna pip so he'll be out of the ranks that survivor is playing in.

Or just not playing a strong killer? Maybe you can't loop a spirit, freddy, nurse, billy, for 2-3 gens but if you are playing like wraith without bamboozle you are gonna eat it against good survivors.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,745

No, he is bad. The new Loops are not that bad to play. I am not talking about the School or the Basement House (even though, both got a little bit better because of a new Doorway in the School and blocking of LoS in the Basement House). But the new Loops are better to play, also for mediocre M1-Killers. Sure, overall you will lose more when playing Wraith or Leatherface, but you will not lose solely because of the new Badham Loops.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,083

They could just keep the new Badham maps on the backburner, consider them a "successful test", and bring back the old Badham until all maps are that way, then remove BL at the same time.