Something's strange about the next chapter...

What do we think about camping killers?

I mean we all here about how survivors dc and such... but what about killers? I've been playing for awhile now and three out of four games I've either been camped or the killer simply dcs becuase their hex totem aka hex ruin gets taken down. So what about camping killers or killers who dc? I see survivors get alot of crap for dcing but how come no one ever stops and think " oh maybe they are being camped or tunneled and camped". I mean it is only fair to call out killers as well because when they do this it doesnt make the game fun for anyone to play. So i wanna talk about it and hear what other people have to say. Even if you do camp. I want to have a good discussion. All i ask is dont be mean and just talk and debate respectfully. Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Member Posts: 597

Upstanding pillars of the community that make a point of thanking the bus driver.

Survivors never thank the bus driver. That's why they get camped.

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 158

He can be saved unless it's Bubba. Only Bubba can hit more than one person with one swing.

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 84

Devs literally try to discourage it without changing the game, lose of chaser emblem, and tunneling by borrowed time, and DS

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 522

Good. That's what they are supposed to do. People must be allowed to camp. Survivors can get 6 gens done in the time a Killer camps one Survivor. That's an EASY de pip for the Killer.

• Wednesday666Wednesday666 Member Posts: 15

I play as survivor only. I hate dcing. On both ends but i can't count how many times I've been camped by killers just because or say for exmaple I'll play against the hag and she will mark up the ground and just stand there and watch me until i die. Then what's the point of trapping the hook if you're just gonna stand there? Its things like that. I understand the devs try there best to work around it but camping has gotten so bad to the point that i lose a whole team to it. Again thank you to the ones who are willing to talk about it.

Again thank you to everyone who was and willing to talk to me. I love hearing your opinions. Thanks for willing to talk and share. Also i appreciate all of you who didn't get mad or pick a fight. I would love to hear more from what others think! 👍

It is. It punishes Killers who aren't smart enough to not face camp. It punishes overly altruistic survivors.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,718

It's part of the game. Mechanics allow it. Game designers left room for it, so it's possible. They thought some kind of gameplay should revolve around hooks, or else survivors would respawn or die instantly.

All this, only to say it's game. Whether people like it or not. Like looping. Like NOED. Like swf. Like moris. And so and so.

• CornChipCornChip Member Posts: 540
  • Ember_HunterEmber_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Camping killers really have no heart. They only care for having fun for themselves and not others. There is no way to get a safe pip being camped, and face it, even with gen rushing, the hooked survivor will get the consequences thanks to the camper.

• Daniel101773Daniel101773 Member Posts: 180

Non-issue. BT, DS, Body blocking, go ‘gen rush’ to punish the camp, etc. plenty of solutions. If the killer is willing to throw away the match and give your team a free win to stare at one dude for 120 seconds, take the win instead of suiciding into him. Also keep in mind that while it’s true camping sucks for the victim & there ARE people who do it just to be d!cks, the killer might of gone against a super sweaty SWF team last match and is using this to get their frustration out, idk just a thought, I always try to think of it from both ends.

• ParagonParagon Member Posts: 45

Its a uh, lEgIt tAcTiC my dude.

Jokes aside I got no problem. I rate depending on killer plays and survivors plays during a chase.

• AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 542

@Wednesday666 I feel like you're the same person I camped ealier and got rage mail from, but alas prolly not. I dont see an issue with camping, the only reason it's so effective is because of altruistic survivors that feed the killer as opposed to getting the objective done. At most a camping killer should only get two kills, however entitles survivors often go for the save then complain that they all didn't escape because you were camping one person (you being me in this case I guess) It's not hard either to spot somebody camping either, even in basement an attentive surv can easily spot a killer, from that point it is on the survivor as to wether or not they die. You cant blame the killer for getting several kills with an inefective strategy. Honestly I'm on the verge of starting a lil' YT series in which I post the games in which I camp, followed by the rage mail I get from them. Infact that raises another point, many killers who camp dont do it to win, they do it to get reactions out of salty survs who are mad the killer didnt follow their made up rule book of what makes you have fun. Remember, the killers are other people to you, who have an opposing objective, hence why should you be allowed to have fun, when often times your fun is in conflict with the killers fun, you may enjoy looping, however the killer may not. In most cases you can boil camping down to abusing altruistic survivors, or securing a kill of a failing round; people looking for reactions; or an issue incured by double standards.

appolagies if this post isnt the most coherent, I type as I go, and dont really plan my post, but rather express my views as they are in my head.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 371

Disconnecting should always be treated the same regardless of role or reason. Camping is also part of the game and the only way you address it is introducing a new mechanic and not penalizing any side for playing the game with how BHVR left it. I'm not even going to consider the emblem penalty BHVR added a fix because it's such an awful fix it only punishes legitimate players in niche situations.

For example here are some ways BHVR could address camping

• Create a 3 life system where 1 hook is a death
    • Create a new objective that can be used to break a hook the survivors are on
    • Give killer crows when they've been in one spot for too long similar to when survivors AFK and let survivors see the crows

Also not saying any of these are good the point I'm making is if BHVR wanted to address camping they probably would have done so by now. Instead they constantly introduce perks that revolve around focusing survivors who unhook.

tl;dr - Disconnecting is bad / Camping is part of the game

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,438

It’s not the killers responsibility to ensure a hooked survivor gets points, or their teammates get altruism points. Their job is to get hooks/sacrifices, and prevent gen repairs/escapes. If a killer chooses to hook camp that’s their choice, and camping does in fact come with risks.

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 165

I'll camp. I don't give a damn. Most if the time it's not even personal but survivors like to think it is and I have no inclination to change their opinion of me. Their job is to make mine harder and vice versa. We're NOT on the same team. If I get gen rushed, I'll camp. The likelihood is directly proportional to the rush and survivor altruism which borders on disrespect at times. I've turned 1K or 2K into 4Ks that way and there's no reason to not pull the tactic out if it's highly effective. I usually don't do it with high mobility killers unless someone is actively toxic. Then you've had enough "fun" at my expense. The pip system for killers is broken anyway which is why I don't care much for it as you don't get any rewards ranking up anyway but more BS.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,718

Yes indeed.

And until there's any kind of penalty, loads of people will keep doing it.

• Scorp721Scorp721 Member Posts: 2

When the killer camps no one gets to play the game. Even if I'm not the one being camped I'm forced to sit on a gen for what 80 seconds w/o a toolbox then go sit on another gen and another then just leave. Where is the fun in that for anyone. No one gets to make saves and no one gets chased you only get a 3rd of the gameplay when someone camps.

For me the fun in this game is in being chased and trying to evade the killer not sit in one spot holding m1 then go sit in another spot and hold m1. And it doesn't matter what kind of punishment bhvr can come up with for camping because most cases the people that do it are doing it to grief or because they had a bad game and they're gonna take it out on some random person who had nothing to do with it. They don't care about bps, emblems, or rank and if anything the current "punishment" just helps them stay in the low ranks where people are easier to catch.

The only time I would consider camping being ok is if the gates are powered but when you have perks/offerings/addons that encourage camping what can you do.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 526

As a killer main who's been playing since 2017, I find camping hooks to be a noob move, and if they're not a noob, then it's a troll move. Many will say it's a "strategy" in order to justify it, but I don't buy that at all. How any killer player sees benefit of hook camping is beyond me. You're wasting your time that you could be spending getting more points by hooking other survivors, damaging gens, breaking pallets, chasing survivors, getting hits, etc. Meanwhile, while you're camping a hook, everyone's repairing gens with little issue due to the lack of your presence. Just my thoughts, and again, this is coming from a long time killer main, NOT a survivor.

• HeyItsNick123andneaHeyItsNick123andnea Member Posts: 250

Fair in the sense that it's a mechanic, ridiculous and boring people to play against when a chance isn't given to survive any longer than your first hook, very damaging.

• LawrenceGordonLawrenceGordon Member Posts: 57
    edited August 7

IMO camping is only fine if it's done against SWF smurfs.

And besides, camping is the only way to survive the hell that is rank 20.

Post edited by LawrenceGordon on
  • FixThisGamePLSFixThisGamePLS Member Posts: 16

As a survivor main, camping sucks dude. If you’re not the one being camped then it’s just finish gens and get out and it’s no fun. If you are the one being camped then it’s frustrating because you’re guaranteed dead on your first hook and you don’t get to participate in normal game play at all. I don’t see how you can say it’s a strategy either with the penalties for staying close to the hook and the blood points you don’t get because you only hook one survivor the entire game.

DCing is bad on both parts. The amount of times someone has disconnected the first time they’re downed is ridiculous. Same for killers DC-ing when survivors get close to escaping or when their totem gets destroyed.

• SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 443

@Wednesday666

I'm sorry but i don't believe it's apart of the game at all.

Tell that to dev who made the rules of the game

I suggest you to listen to what he says in this video, specifically between 0:34 and 0:50, then return here and tell us again about what you belive!