Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Unpopular opinion: DBD is unbalanced and 2-person SWF team brings some semblance of balance

Now I know some people will immediately dismiss this because I said the game is killer favored, but I'll start with something I think everyone agrees on.

Playing Solo survivor SUCKS. It's the absolute worst.

That being said, a 4-man SWF also has too MUCH information that certainly tilts the game in their favor (this coming from a survivor main).

So we have killers being easily more powerful than 4 solos. And we have 4 man SWF being easily more powerful than the killer (depending on how they play). That means the BALANCE lies somewhere in between.

Having a 2 (or 3) person SWF team allows you to have SOME general info without having too much. You only know what your one or two friends know and can't account for what the "randoms" may or may not have done in the match (Randoms is the term my friends and I use for anyone not in our SWF group in case that confused anyone).

That way, you don't have perfect communication and when you're partner dies, you have to depend on the other team to work with you. Anyway, thoughts on this?

Comments

• newavitarnewavitar Member Posts: 395

If they were able to integrate it so you always had comms I'd be much happier, because they could then balance the game around the 4 person swf since there would always be 4 person swf.

That being said, this is a good idea since it would bring a whole new level to the game. You want to keep your friend alive over the randoms, because it'll help you more. So now there's almost a feeling of competition between the two different teams, and it makes gameplay slightly different.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,487
    edited August 2019

Playing against a 2 swf "group", + 2 solo survs, I have always like as killer.

Imo, the 2 swf were also mostly people that have just play for fun. A guy and his gf that just wanted to have a nice evening as example and "groups" like that.

Can't say anything bad about 2 player sized swf groups^^.

• Andreyu44Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,528

But a lot of killers still dodge 2 men swf with no items.

*sigh*

• Karl_ChildersKarl_Childers Member Posts: 669

This is definitely true and I have felt the same. While the game is not balanced for killer vs 4 man SWF, anyone who actually believes the game IS balanced for killer vs 4 solos is fooling themselves. It’s clearly advantage killer. Balance currently is killer vs a hybrid of SWF/solo.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,487
    edited August 2019

If I am honest, -when I was in a bad mood, I have sometimes dodge 4 swf groups. But by 2 swf groups I have never seen this as necessary.

Head up, I bet you and your friend getting not always doged ;).

• My_FarewellMy_Farewell Member Posts: 495

Playing Solo survivor SUCKS. It's the absolute worst

Maybe for you, i freaking love it.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,428

And I honestly don't even think they would need to do too many buffs to balance the game because about half the killers can still wipe the floor with 4 man SWF teams, if they play it right. 4 man SWF teams are actually the most altruistic and will go for saves more than any other team. It's more of a weakness than a strength sometimes XD

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

I usually play SWF with my friend who bought me the game and while it is annoying when we have to carry our teammates, it does feel balanced bc it's usually 2 escapes 2 kills.