Something's strange about the next chapter...

Killer Meta is insane

2»

Comments

• BillyMitchellBillyMitchell Member Posts: 1

The killers are much too strong and the survivors always more nerve ... Beside that we have a killer who is also host of the game and a lot of bugs against the survivor ... Including the hitbox windows. ..

The game is too unbalanced and if we want to survive ... We must count on the 360 no brain that have nothing to do in the game ...

There is a lot to do and Behavior does not want to do it ... Thanks to the killers who have in the past ... Crying like girls ... As much at one time, the survivors were forewarned, so much of today, it is is the opposite ...

Beautiful balancing ...

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 699

Hex Ruin is only a mainstay perk because gens get done ridiculously fast. at higher ranks. You can either push through or look for the perk. You can also bring Small Game to help you find the totem if you suspect there are going to be Hex Perks.

BBQ helps with BP and map awareness. You don't need it, but it does give you info that can inform your next desicions as killer.

Nurse's is good for finding survivors who insist on healing near you. I don't use it so much because they just don't heal near me much, but 28 m. is a lot farther than you'd think.

Last I checked, Surveillance is not a meta perk. It can be useful, but I find it really only works well with Pop Goes the Weasel, which I would consider a meta perk for high rank play.

I would love to see more viable perks, such as, I don't know, Save the Best for Last, or Franklin's Demise come into play. However, I think most survivors don't like seeing those. They like to be able to counter killer perks like NOED and Hex Ruin.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,175

We can settle this all in a very simple statement of fact.

There are 4 survivors whose job is to work as a team to survive. Solo Q or not that is the designed intent of the game. There is only one killer who has to choose 4 perks to deal with 16 perks spread across 4 players. Yes, killer perks will trend stronger as despite how much the game fails at instilling it, killer is a power role. As killer trades team coordination and combination play efforts for raw strength. Even then you have to pick and choose which strengths you want to express because you can't just swap on the fly.

Survivor meta is every bit as strong as killer meta in term outcome. Yes, survivor perks have gotten nerfed as of late, but it isn't for the sake of killers. They were nerfed because the devs don't like seeing what they consider a team game turning into a game where each survivor can effectively 1v1 the killer. If killers really got their way, you'd have less to worry about perk change wise. You'd see items and addons getting hit and map size cut down. A good killer will deal with your perks, but even a good killer can't fight good survivors and shitty maps without frustration.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 408

Matches last forever when Killers run Ruin + PGTW together.

• AikanaroAikanaro Member Posts: 159

If I drop pallets earlier killer wont even have that 1 second stun, will break it anyway or if is not a safe pallet he/she could turn around and score a sure hit, so thats not a counter.

Sure, Im gonna wast 2 minutes of the game getting the chance to be spotted because the terror radius is mono, thats not a counter.

This is a team game, if Im doing a gen and someone is getting chased and receives a hit that applies to everyone, so not a counter either.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,262

Killers have metas yes what about survivor its not killer fault to find good meta and alot of survivors have alot of metas like BL, Adredaline, Lithe and so on ppl can do whatever they want since theres no ilegal thing to do

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,523

@Aikanaro

That doesn't make them not counters; it makes them counters you don't want to do.

Counter means you cancel something and you end up even, here you will end up losing sooner or later because those are half-assed solutions.

@Aikanaro

Counter means you prevent those perks from being useful.

Exactly, and those solutions you gave are not preventing those perks from being useful at all.

Its like, hey Killer look how I hide for 2 minutes, your perk is useless LOL.

Someone is getting hit during a chase, wait 20 seconds killer so I heal myself if I have the perk and I can counter yours so its useless EZ.

edited August 12

@Aikanaro

If the Killer can't find anyone before Corrupt Intervention expires, the perk did nothing.

Thanatophobia doesn't do anything meaningful unless no one is healthy. If y'all heal to keep the number of unhealthy people low, Thanatophobia is near useless.

• FabFab Member Posts: 311

Drop pallets slightly early, work on gens closer to the killer or work on totems, heal or don't get injured.

He has 2 minutes to go wherever he wants and will see someone the ïf¨ if you are a wraith nurse GF or spirit is not very big, and has full confidence 3 gens will not be working in certain area, in small maps its a big deal.

It does, in this game every second matters, specially during the last seconds vs a high rank killer, without a toolbox it takes ages to finish a thana gen.

Yeah, also loop the killer for 5 minutes, go to the exit gate open it and escape.

• FabFab Member Posts: 311

I'm literally responding to your question with real counters and you're acting like a child.

That thing was already discussed like 8 posts above, adult person.

edited August 12

@Aikanaro

You are underestimating how easy it is to just hide and wait out the Corrupt Intervention timer. Once that is done, the Survivors can run to gens as though the match had just started. Of the perks you mentioned, Corrupt Intervention is probably the easiest to render useless.

The Killer is the one on the clock, not the Survivors (at least, not until EGC). The Killer is not meaningfully slowing down the game unless Thanatophobia is at max power, and even then, it is not slowing things down THAT much. There is a reason why the only Killers who use it are Legion and Plague (Legion can kinda sorta keep people consistently-ish injured with Feral Frenzy, and broken means that Thanatophobia can get Survivors to use Pools of Devotion for Corrupt Purge).

I play solo, and the killer always find survivors even if Im being careful.

As far as Thanatophobia I´ve seen Freddys, Billys Nurses and Huntress using it, at least here in South America its pretty common in high ranks.

edited August 12

@Aikanaro

Well, I guess you are not being careful, then.

Thanatophobia is not useful on those Killers. They are better off running something else. They normally do not run that perk.

• FieryauraFieryaura Member Posts: 33

Same for survivor, some perks are very strong some perks sucks

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 69

The only thing i know that counters Nurses is sole survivor, they should make more perks that decreases the killers aura reading range.