Something's strange about the next chapter...

Delete red/pink/rainbow/fucsia mori

Comments

• GorgoniaGorgonia Member Posts: 988

Well, that’s alright. Let’s change the conditions that need to be met for mori to work.

• prayer_survivorprayer_survivor Member Posts: 519

mori 4 survivors is the most difficult thing to do these days. Mori=DC

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 551

Just don't go down

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 194

Why would you use a red mori anyway?

For winning the game? You dont win when you use a red mori, at least you dont get max Pip or BPs.

To piss off the survivor?

Never understood the reason why someone would use it anyway. It makes no sense. (maybe if you just have like 5-10 minutes time and you need to end the game super quick... only reason i can think off why using ebony mori')

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,409

how about this (i'll include the cypress mori, since i'd like it to be buffed a little. its utterly useless right now and with this idea it might find some usage)

Cypress Memento Mori:

• allows you to kill your obsession by your own hand after they have been hooked once
    • you will become obsessed with one survivor
    • only one obsession at a time

Ebony Memento Mori

• allows you to kill your obsession by your own hand after they have been hooked once
    • you will become obsessed with one survivor
    • if the obsession dies, a new obsession will be chosen
    • only one obsession at a time

that way i believe we can add a fun little aspect to it in which the killer has an specific order that he needs to kill the survivors in, which would make the whole thing a lot more fair and fun. of course, perks that change who the obsession is (e.g. DS) will also alter that order and endanger different survivors all the time. it would also make it a lot more scary being the killers obsession, which is something i wanted for a long time now.

i usually dont.

however, when i do use it, there are 2 possible reasons for it:

A: ive just had a horrendous match and want to boost my morale a bit and feel like the big scary killer i wanted to be

B: to teach some toxic dudes a lesson.

(C: i just feel like using them. i usually use them on the 3rd hook though / not at all, unless the survivors really make me work for my kills)

both dont happen too often though, so here i am with my stockpile of 300+ red moris

That would indeed make it more spicy and the killer would have to work towards the kill. And if the obsession was never hooked and is the last man standing that means it was wasted. BUT this would kill DS.

We don’t need these kind of comments here. It’s not about ability, but about game mechanics.

DS would definitely get his by that, but an offering is something you dont see every game. you would still be able to use your DS every other game. its just that using the perk now comes with a risk and you better think twice about weather you go for the strike or not.

also, DS would not be the only perk that would suffer: STBFL and PWYF also wouldnt match with this change very well, since the killer would constantly be hitting their obsession, therefore removing all the stack from those perks.

Dying Light would literally be useless, since the obsession would always be reincarnated, once one dies, therefore the -25% speed penality would never apply to the team.

but myers has his tombstone, so he isnt necessarily in the need of mori offerings anyway ^^

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 700

@Gorgonia

ok we will remove all 3 Moris.

in return we want keys toolboxes and flashlights removed 3 for 3

• XAbbasXXAbbasX Member Posts: 55

Tbh there are a reason why they are called kilelrs , right . Is to kill

soo IMO any moris are welcome

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 700
    edited August 10

@xabbasx

while I know new killers run Mori’s alot

and while I have 80 on wraith alone I don’t run cause there not fun. Just like instant heals exist and don’t even get me started on toolbox’s. I don’t blame the players this is pvp typically the other side doesn’t have fun if you are.

• AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 542

@Mister_xD Honestly, I'm not about changing the way mori's work; if a killer had one oh ell, I just move onto the next, and as a killer They're not too bad, once you can apply pressure anyway, I unironically think the mori's right now are really good, and dont need changing... that was til I read your suggestion, and I must say, I really like that ide to add amother layer of obsession. Only making Rancor a little useless honestly.

edited August 10

i would like to refer to my very first comment in this discussion where i stated the exact same thing.

my second post, with the change ideas (the one you are currently referring to) has been made upon the request of OP on how i would change the mories, if i had to.

i believe that my suggestion is a lot better than the original idea of just adding an additional hook state to the requirement - the cypress mori change is something i'd still like to see though.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 133

@Mister_xD I read your comment and I loved the idea of triggering via obsession, in this way the killer should work a little more in order to use it, the killer will have more BP and the survivors more fun.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 345

Dstrike, adrenaline, borrowed time, instaheals, also kills the fun.... would you look at that.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited August 10

Just get rid of Mori's and Insta-Heals

Both are a kill joy, and unnecessary if you can actually play the game competently.

• AIG1992AIG1992 Member Posts: 61

Let's complain about everything having to do with killer until it's reworked/nerfed or no longer in the game.

What? Really? Please go think about what you just said and come back later

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 176

How about no? Adapt, learn, overcome.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 423
    edited August 10

Mori's have lost their luster and most will say that they have become useless since the ranking system was reworked. Killers are no longer rewarded for quickly killing survivors, and instead are encouraged to make them suffer by hooking them multiple times if they want the good points and to achieve higher ranks. Mori's don't count as hooking actions, and so if you use one on survivors who have only been hooked once, you're pretty much guaranteeing a de-pip.

However, that is where they actually become useful again. Red ranks difficulty getting you down? Don't be a toxic turd by DC'ing or standing in a corner all game to de-rank... Use a Mori! What's more, using a Mori after a survivor has been hooked once guarantees 1500 BP per kill in the sacrifice category for a total of 6k if you Mori the whole team! So not only do you drop in rank, you earn decent BP for doing it. They have become the best way for players to return to the ranks they are most comfortable in, all while maintaining the fun and horror aspects of the game.

Ebony Mori's: The fast and fun way to drop back to the less frustrating ranks!

(This message Sponsored by the Mori's Optimize Fun Organization)

• KerbertKerbert Member Posts: 204

The fact that you don't even know the name of an Ebony Mori really makes me question and doubt your knowledge of the game, and makes me not want to take your opinion seriously.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 134

ebony mori doesn't really serve a purpose as far as the scoring and point gains in the game goes, killing all 4 with it usually depips at red ranks like tombstone-lock of hair myers being even more not worth it, only to see the animation and gives barely any points they should probably change something about that since insta heals and bnp use doesn't mean losing a game and bp.

That’s alright, we didn’t want you around anyway. Mr Think-I-Know-it-Alls are not welcome when they feel like they need to throw shade to feel cool. Go check the next post.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 18

v ez fix. Mori on death hook.

• CronaWinsCronaWins Member Posts: 372

You know you're on a games forum right? I'm not the one complaining about an in-game offering. 😂

• HeyItsNick123andneaHeyItsNick123andnea Member Posts: 260

Insta heals and Ebony's both need to go, or made a insanely new rarity that only appears in someones blood web once per prestige and a half. This would make them both extremely rare to get, or just remove them.

Something has to be done to keys.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member Posts: 1,718
    edited August 11

We know Mori's won't go away as much as we would like them too as they have seperate animations which took work to implement and some of them do look really cool.

The fact that Mori's and Insta heals are so abundant could be more the issue. Instead of them being random make them appear maybe every in a set way maybe every 10 bloodwebs or so with a higher bloodpoint price (amount of bloodwebs may change depending on what the upcoming grind change will be). This should make them what they should be. Rare.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,195

Even if moris showed up once every 20th match. It would ruin 1 out of 20 matches.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,503

Loop, then the killer can't use it.