Something's strange about the next chapter...

Let's talk about NOED

Comments

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 498
    edited August 14

"Ah [BAD WORD], here we go again".

Devs said they won't change NOED, so making these type of threads is useless.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 285
    edited August 14

Ah, here we go again.

NOED is OP number 4665678678869990.

No, it's not. Do totems.

• JAWS_BDSMJAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 329

NOED cannot be nerfed until devs do anything about genrushing against killers with 0 map pressure like clown or wraith. It is almost impossible to use this killers against strong survivors without noed

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,288
    edited August 14

There's 4 survivors and only 5 Totems on a Map, Most you can come across when not even looking, If you choose to ignore a Dull totem don't get mad when it lights up and becomes NOED.

You'd think the BP Increase on Totems would give more incentive to do dull totems but still people complain. NOED is incredibly easy to counter if you and your team just do dull totems, It's 14 seconds. That's a Minute and 10 seconds of your time spread across the game to prevent NOED, Seems fair to me.

• JESUS_CHRISTJESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 240

Yeah with a hell of a lot faster speed boost on Billy but you don't see nearly as much complaining about him. I think it just makes people more salty because they're so close they can taste victory but then they get the taste slapped out of their mouth. It's not over until it's over though and gates are always a good last chance to snowball with or without the expose effect.

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 202
    edited August 14

Oh look another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFaybw9jp8

What is there to talk about? Just cleanse the bones. You can do it with randoms, if everyone manages to find 1.25 of the totems in between the generators easy. If the killer runs ruin that means you all just need to cleanse one dull each.

In a game where you're SWF there is no excuse whatsoever to be mad about NOED when you can comunicate with each other on the areas you've cleansed.

Survivors run adrenaline more than half the time once you get to the upper half of the purple ranks all the way to red ranks. And most killers don't even bring NOED to counter Adrenaline. You also have things like bt. Instaheals are also still more common than everyone would like and those also swing the game.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,285

Has the idea of bringing old NOED out to play for Halloween (just Halloween) ever been brought up?

• Scal3rScal3r Member Posts: 66

I am so sick of these posts over and over and over again

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,285

In another hour there will most likely be another thread made crying for a hillbilly nerf "rolls eyes"

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 351

'I don't have time to cleanse all 5 totems'

Translation: I'm too lazy to do the secondary objective. Devs, please cater to me and remove NoED so I can lazily genrush & win in under 5 minutes. Anything preventing GGEZ is OP.

'There needs to be a requirement for NoED'

There is. Three, actually:

1) Having a Dull Totem left on the map when the last Gen is done

2) The last Gen being done.

3) You have to hit a Survivor. This does not always happen if the exit gates are spread apart & you pick wrong. Or there's good loops nearby. Or the Survivors have good mobility perks.

Stop whining for nerfs just because you're lazy. Cleanse totems.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 8,037

Do the heckin’ bones.

• GardeniaGardenia Member Posts: 916

Some of these replies are mindboggling

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 172

Borrowed time is to counter camping which is either toxic or desperate.

Adrenaline is a reward for doing objectives.

Decisive counters tunneling which is either toxic or desperate.

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 351

Borrowed Time: Protects Survivors against bad plays in regards to unhooking.

Adrenaline: Rewards a Survivor with 1-2 Health states simply for existing when the last Gen is completed. Even if they played bad & were on the ground/Never touched a Gen themselves.

Decisive Strike: Rewards Survivors for bad plays that get them downed within 60 seconds of being unhooked.

But I get it; Survivor perks are either fine or under powered, while Killer perks need to be nerfed every 2 weeks. This is the mantra of the Survivor Main.

• EntityDispleasedEntityDispleased Member Posts: 1,442

I think we should not. Cleanse the [BAD WORD] totems. Discussion is over.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,409

here is your reuirement:

it requires the survivors to fail at their secondary objective

a killer perk that is 100% survivor reliant is not in the need of a nerf.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 819

Just. Do. The. Bones. Bring small game if you have to, it's that easy.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 172

It requires the killer to fail both primary and secondary objectives

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member Posts: 1,718
    edited August 14

NOED is fine.

The argument about adrenaline rewarding survivors for doing the objective and NOED rewards failing has one flaw. For NOED to activate a totem has to still stand which is in itself technically is survivors failing to do an objective which counters the perk.

So both perks could be said to only activate when the other side fails to do enough to counter it.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,409

nice try.

thats not a requirement though, since the killer can fail as much as they want, if the survivors did the totems, the perk wont activate.

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 866

It also requires survivors to fail their secondary objective - cleansing totems.

• pmp2019pmp2019 Member Posts: 14

In my opinion NOED is very balanced and fair at its current stage. The only thing I can think of ATM that would improve it is that instead of igniting one totem it ignites all remaining totems and all have to be cleared in order to destroy NOED. Not only would that create incentive to clear totems but it would also reward your score in the long run late game. It give players exp running back in for teammates instead of opening the gate and ditching asap but that's another topic.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,197

Actually a killer hasnt failed until the survivors escaped.

While I'm at it, Adrenaline activates if ANY survivor finishes the last gen, even when the survivor runnint this perk hasnt touch a gen at all. Truly "getting rewarded for doing the objective", indeed.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 2,753

NOED DOES NOT REWARD FAILURE!

It mitigates it. There is a difference. You are always better off not letting the 5th gen pop even if you are running NOED.

This is like saying Iron will rewards getting hit. It's mitigating the punishment of getting hit but it is still a punishment.

In the case of NOED, the final gen poping removes all of your pressure and prevents you from getting any meaningful amount of it back.

NOED doesn't give you the pressure back by itself, but it does give you the power to rebuild that pressure quickly.

Compare that with Remember Me which mitigates the initial pressure removal.

• undeadmaulerundeadmauler Member Posts: 67

Hurr durr I didnt do the totems like a smart player hurt durr nerf a perk that literally can be removed with 70 seconds of time spent doing totems grrr killers op. Also I made a mistake and got caught better have 3 second chance perks hurt durr. Dude noed is balanced just like the survivor perks are everything is fine and stop complaining about a perk you can literally stop by taking time to do so. Just like how killers can stop ds and bt by taking time to ignore you.

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 866
    edited August 14

People who solo que are the ones who suffer the most from NOED. To them this perk is very unfair as they have no way of knowing how many totems are left uncleansed. SWF have no rights to even complain about NOED. That is the main problem - how to bridge the gap between solo que and SWF when it comes to NOED.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,712

Cleanse the totems and NOED won't be a problem.

Good talk.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 126

That has not been brought up, until you just did. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do that. Old NOED was really horrible. :)

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,712

And by being strong, it forced survivors to play smart. They left their teammates behind and GTFO'd, as they should do in many, many situations.