Home Discussions General Discussions
All you need to know - 3.7.0 PTB Mid-Chapter
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/141930/

Let's talk about NOED

12346»

Comments

• Locker_MonsterLocker_Monster Member Posts: 496

...What did I say?

I made a comment on how people were saying camping was 'legit' after claiming it's bad to do. So I pointed out 'legit' does not mean 'good'.

I was not being smarmy, for once.

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

You are assuming this is all in a vaccuum.

Let's say the Surviviors opt to abandon the guy on the hook. Now let's say they wanna genrush. If they wanna purely genrush the killer they would all need

1. A godbox that can last them to endgame.

2. No other actions except repairing.

3. No ruin.

4. No Heaking

5. No cleansing dulls.

6. No cleansing hexes.

No NOTHING except generators. That's how you punish a camper. Yet how are you supposed to do that and somehow dodge Noed at the same time? The grand spoiler here is that you can't. If you genrush, you get smacked with Noed at the end and at least one of you dies and fuels a toxic killer's ego. If you don't genrush and focus on countering Noed, then the guy on the hook died for you to gamble on the killer running an endgame crutch.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 645

So much reactions ... ;D

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 299

If only 10% of the times all totems get cleansed then maybe the problem lies with the survivors not wanting to cleanse them.

Totems spawn are pretty laughable except for a few so finding them won’t be that hard and there’s perks and items in the game that help you find them. Finding totems is something that gets easier the more you play as well so I genuinely don’t think Hex perks or totems in general are problem.

• KaelumKaelum Member Posts: 943

This is why you fail. All of your actions lead directly to you losing to NOED. You have a brain, use it. If you, or your teammates, can’t learn from your mistakes, then maybe this isn’t the game for you, or them. Not all games are meant for everyone, DbD included.

• THEghostfaceTHEghostface Member Posts: 296
    edited August 2019

Let's put this into simple terms:

NOED is an endgame perk designed to increase the difficulty for survivors by allowing the killer to attempt a POSSIBLE comeback by giving them the ability to instantly down a survivor as long as the totem is lit. Cleanse all 5 totems before all gens are completed to be rid of your worry of this perk occurring, but if the endgame has begun and NOED is known to be present, be hopeful that

A)you avoid and escape the killer immediately

or

B) find and cleanse the totem in short time.

• Sackboy123Sackboy123 Member Posts: 77

But a Rainbow Map already tracks Killer's Belongings, waste of an addon slot. (I love Rainbow maps so had to say it)