Something's strange about the next chapter...

Decent change to insta-heals

What if instead of healing you 1 health state, insta heals instead recover your exhaustion status?

This would help keep their rarity without making them too over powered.

Tagged:

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 798

Or even more Statuses. Don't know if they should remove some stuff like Exposed, but neat Idea.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 582

Perfect you solved the problem good job

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 828

@horus sarcasm mate?

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 31
    edited August 10

So double dead hard/balanced landing inf/double sprint burst are you sure you thought this through

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 2,475

I prefer the devs' proposed idea of turning insta-heals into reverse-Deep Wounds.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,909

I rather take 2 exhaustion perks within a chase than to deal with 3 health states in my opinion

So you'd honestly want to be on haddonfield with bl and a team of Insta exhaustion

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 236

Sooner or later the insta heal nerf will come. Instas will either became like bnp or heal only half a bar...

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 4,909

That's more of a map problem because BL in Haddonfield makes certain houses infinites. Fix Haddonfield and you fix BL on Haddonfield.

It's still a problem nonetheless but would you really want to deal with that?

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 828

@terumisan would you rather have an insta heal surprise you?

With this suggested method of change, you can see the insta heal activate and expect the dash/BL so you can more accurately asses your next move(s). Also, it’s will not be a common thing to run into.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 2,656

I prefer the idea that you could be fully - healed over time.

• CoffengMinCoffengMin Member Posts: 682

i still dont know how instaheals are op but instadowns arent but your idea is decent change i guess

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 36

Instadown killers aren't op because they either gotta work towards the power (myers, ghostface) or the survivor has to be badly positioned (billy and bubba)

Instadown perks also arent op because of the restrictions they have. Myc discourages camping and gives the survivor ample time to hide. Haunted grounds is pure luck pased and needs another hex perk to have a chance of activating. Devour hope is hook reliant and a hex so you probably wont even get the instadown. Noed is an endgame perk and it can be taken out by doing 5 bones, not to mention every game doesnt get to end game. Rancor is also an endgame perk and is obsession based so you kill your obsession you wont activate rancor.

tbh you cant tell me its hard to get T3 EW with michael, GF is a bit harder on that but still pretty easy imo, and how hard it is to land a hillbilly chainsaw is debatable at best

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 2,438

They’d get to do that once, and would be far less oppressive than someone being instantly revived to full health from the dying state.

• screamdreamsxscreamdreamsx Member Posts: 182

All of those examples are still harder to achieve than a survivor pressing a single button to insta-heal. You might consider it easy to steer with Billy, or get T3 with Myers, but they still require more work than using an add-on. Insta-down killer abilities can not be used as a justification for insta-heals.

I think insta-heal idea should simply have a requirement to be used, for example:

After healing one health state of another survivor, grants the ability to completely and fully heal on secondary action

Or something along those lines. Even change to after healing one state not limited to other survivors, so you at least have to use the medkit for yourself or Self Care once minimum before you get the insta-heal.

edited August 11

instaheals work with a single button press because theyd be useless otherwise and you can have a max of 4 per game , the amount of instadowns you can get in 1 game are generally higher with any killer that has them, granted myers might have a limited amount but its generally enough,but , GF has no limits, and neither does billy so even if instaheals are easier to pull off the amount of times you can use them is reduced by a lot more than killer instadowns

imo that balances it out

GF is limited by time, it takes time to stalk, and it is not efficient to spend the entire trial stalking, because he has poor map/gen control. Becoming marked is not a guarantee down, since it has a timer, and he’s an M1 killer in a chase.

Billy is one of the best killers, but even he can be beaten. It is not impossible to loop and dodge a Billy’s chainsaw. It’s not a guarantee, you still have to know how to play him to end loops and curve, as survivors don’t generally just run in a straight line.

Instadowns will never justify instaheals, because not every killer has the ability to instadown, and not every player has the skill to use the killers who do (I have tried a couple of games as Leatherface and I’m god awful with his chainsaw). Instadown perks always have a requirement to be activated, and even then there are counters. There’s no reason instaheals shouldn’t also have a requirement.

i personally think instaheals requirement is being at the right place at the right time if you use pink ones on downed people, tho ill agree self-instaheals do not require much, however they are generally useless unless you just jumped a window or used a pallet which for some reason i dont see people soing when using them

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 582

Balanced landing is supposed slighty nerfed/tweak anyway

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 36

Its not about the difficulty to get it, its the amount of effort needed and time sacrificed to get it. You can say any instadown is easy but its undeniable that they require effort. Your example myers, it takes time to stalk the survivor. If you dont get out of EW1 quickly you will have a very rough start and after that you will need to stalk so you can 1 tap for EW3. Billy requires you to be out of position and that means mistakes. Which aint that easy to get out of good survivors. GF requires less time than myers but his downside is that it isnt as easy to 1 tap someone. You run the risk of losing your power entirely if you want that sweet oneshot.

Back on topic. Instaheals generally require no effort for the most part. The instaheal add-on is literally the click of a button and you are full health. Adrenaline is you living all trial, i know this is requires time and effort so disregard it. Now that i think about it, the list just ended lol.(I'm noy gonna bring up the gutted perk MoM because at that point you deserve like 5 billion health states lol) But if you look at the only 2 health state things in dbd instaheals break the rules. Adrenaline has set requirements before giving you a health state but the insta heal add-on has no downsides at all and no conditions. Which is why it's so powerful.

No risk all reward. Heck, even adrenaline a risk and thats going into the match with 3 perks.

• DaS_onlyDaS_only Member Posts: 659

I would add also that it doesn't consumes the whole medkit like they did with BNPs no linger consume the whole toolbox

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 426
    edited August 11

Insta heals are fine IMO. The only thing I would change is that they work on you, and then make an add on if you want to use it on someone else.

It's meant to work as a powerful instrument, anything less than "insta" wouldn't even be Ultra Rare deemable.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 2,400

i like the idea.

i would say it should remove all status effects from you (unless exposed is applied. this shouldnt be remoable) therefore consume the add on.

the pink one could work for all effects besides exposed and the purple one only for healing debuffs, maybe? (mangled, hemorrage, broken)

though i think they could also stay the way they are right now, IF there is a skillcheck involved. something to waste some time, so its not just a literal onetap, to prevent toxicity.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 698

Exposed should be just for the killers to influence, but other statuses should be interesting.

However, maybe it could get rid of the signs for it when used, but not actually the effect, lulling them into a false sense of security.

• ThaznarThaznar Member Posts: 863

As far as tunneling, instadowns and moris are in the game I am fine with instaheals. Stop trying to destroy everything on the survivor side simply because you find it annoying. Killers have so much broken stuff and devs are either too blind or too afraid to touch any of it and yet survivors have been nerfed by every patch gimping the gameplay mechanics for them in the name of balance, which in the end did not balance the game but aggravated a lot of people.